Ask someone who works in a fast food chain anything

Ask someone who works in a fast food chain anything.

What country?

I can put on a smile for a customer after a 12 hour startup that goes south straight from the outset, why can't you plaster on a smile for your little shift pressing buttons and putting hamburgers together?

The best country in the world.

Because you're not entitled to me having to put up with your bad attitude or rude manners. I'll be as nice to everyone from the get go but if you're rude don't expect someone to not react accordingly.

>Because you're not entitled to me having to put up with your bad attitude or rude manners.
actually I kind of am the reason why you have a job... so I mean... I am kind of entitled to service... I pay your boss, your boss pays your salary... It's okay bud I know this kind of talk hurts your brain.

You're entitled to service which you'll get, everything is else- no. Good service is getting greeted, brought drinks, appetizers, and entrees in a timely manner without anything wrong. If you're rude, people won't go the extra mile for you or do the whole smile thing you want. The key difference is getting great service or getting the bare minimum passable service without "enthusiasm".

You're the kind of person, based on your attitude, that will get shitty service and while customers are important, most people are not shitbags and act like decent friendly human beings. It's no coincidence that the assholes or bitches have things to complain about when they act like assholes or bitches. Also, despite popular belief, most people who come in have a pre determined tip percentage they will pay out regardless of how good service is as long as you meet the basic requirements, which doesn't include smiling. One table could get everything perfect and with friendliness and enthusiasm and still end up tipping less than 10% anyway. Others will always tip 20% even if you leave them mostly alone but bring napkins if they ask.

Give me a free food.

How many times a day do you contemplate killing yourself

None, it's a restaurant but we serve a lot of fries and burgers. We have steaks, fish, salads, soups and pastas but it's a normal chain like a Fridays.

Relax man. Your once a week visit isnt saving anyone's job. Stop acting like a snowflake

What's the most fucked up thing you saw happen in the kitchen.

How much do you hate your job?

>a 12 hour startup that goes south straight from the outset
I don't know what any of this means

that's casual dining not fast food, how we supposed to trust any of your answers when you don't even know what kind of place you work at

bullshit, bad service comes from teens and burnouts who just don't fucking care

Applebees is not fast food

Nothing too crazy. People using their bare hands on food, one of the cooks who sometimes uses the same scooper for several things, and a cook who likes to drench his face with water that it's possible the water runs off his face into the food though I don't know that for sure.

My idea of casual dining is different. Buffalo Wild Wings is not "casual" dining in my opinion for example, it's all frozen chicken deep fried and then mixed with sauce in Tupperware. Same with everything else on the menu for the most part. Some things you can't freeze so they have to be semi fresh.

I don't at all, it can be a little fun to work in a restaurant but when it gets busy and guests are being needy assholes then it gets annoying. Like the worst is when a table asks for one thing, you come back and they ask for one more thing etc etc- it pulls you behind on your other tables because they're too retarded to ask for everything they need at once. No foresight.

You're so far up your own ass. What do you consider good service?

>actually I kind of am the reason why you have a job.

Actually, it's more he's the reason you get fed. Cunt

>Relax man. Your once a week visit isnt saving anyone's job. Stop acting like a snowflake

Lack of millenial foot traffic is the number one reason these type of dine-in restaurants are dying.

Restaurants that die are a result of being unable to get guests across all the demographics. The millennial demographic is small anywayn but these business aren't dying because they can't get millenials in the door, they die because they fail at getting the other demographics. Also depends where you live and the location of the establishment wherever it may be. You're really not that important. "Millenials" are less inclined to go out to eat regardless, they are a small demographic so you're kind of full of shit. It's more that the small millennial demographic that go out to eat are making it more competitive for the other larger demographics.

The problem is that millennials are becoming a larger and larger part of the potential customer base. Baby boomers are dying off, and millennials are choosing to eat elsewhere. That's the problem.

You can't bring the baby boomers back to life, but you can attempt to get more millennial foot traffic.

>>they are a small demographic
They're a fucking huge one. And it's likely that the trend will continue with the new generation (which currently isn't old enough to be a paying customer)

Do you enjoy your job? if so, what do you like about it?

Legit question, I've always wanted to have a job in a fast food restaurant (or a normal restaurant) for fun. It seems like a pretty chill job and a nice source of experiences to tell.

I do enjoy it. I took up the job for much of the reasons you are thinking about it. I was finishing up my 3 year stint at my last job and I had a choice to make between switching clients and working for the same company or doing something else. As a kid I wanted to be chef and I loved being around food, and I sort of always wanted to work in a restaurant as bizarre as it may sound so when the time came I chose to leave my old job. I was completely over it anyway.

It can be chill, it has its ups and downs, having co workers that are all laid back for the most part makes it more fun than a normal jobn it kind of has a college atmosphere to it. But it's not without its hard moments whether it's guests or something going wrong with the food or kitchen and then you have to go explain shit to people who want what they want. But overall it's a good experience and fun, choose a place where you can make decent money though without killing your soul. Also yeah we talk a lot of shit about guests like all the time and just in general. Hot girls or moms, people who smell bad, the landwhales that come are fucking hilarious, bitching about shitty tips from bums that walk in. There's a lot of room to fool around but when the restaurant gets slammed it's not fun especially if your a server or two servers down.

>The millennial demographic is small anywayn but these business aren't dying because they can't get millenials in the door, they die because they fail at getting the other demographics.

wat??!!?!

The millenials are literally a whole fucking generation of diners just entering the prime 18 to 49 spending category.

You have zero clue how sensitive restaurant economics are: pretending a whole 20 fucking years, a generation of diners won't affect your business is comedic ignorance.

I franchise several restaurants.

You need to shut the fuck up before you look even dumber.

>pretending a whole 20 fucking years, a generation of diners won't affect your business is comedic ignorance.

I think millennials have grown up in an environment where they just automatically deny responsibility for any part of their own lives and try to blame it on somebody else.

The "participation" & "everybody wins" generation created nothing but grown children who have zero sense of what responsibility means.

I agree with all that, but that's not really relevant here.

The point is that millennials don't like those kind of restaurants and are choosing to eat elsewhere.