Can somebody teach me how to make grilled cheese?

can somebody teach me how to make grilled cheese?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RllWJUvrxEY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you can make a pretty damn good grilled cheese with at least half the saturated fat in that thing.

just saying... but by all means try it

you can do it, put your back into it

how dare you

Great movie

>mayo AND oil

go ask this guy

fucking pretentious

Ask mom to do it for you.

nevermind
that thread quickly turned into a shit show

>spread garlic butter on one side each of two slices of bread
>put garlic butter sides down into some grated parmesan cheese so it sticks and gets a nice coating
>place garlic butter/parmesan sides down on high heat pan/griddle
>add some mozzarella cheese to each slice of bread
>add one slice of cheddar and american cheese to each piece of bread
>add a slice or two of bacon (optional)
>cover for maximum melting power
>assemble into sandwich when sufficiently melted/grilled and crusted
A grilled cheese.

Jesus favreau it's just a grilled cheese

This is disgusting. I hate it when they overload on butter to fucking toast the bread and then it practically oozes oil when you handle it. It should have just enough butter maybe a bit less than that and have a nice clean toasted grill with melty cheese.

>flipping sandwich together before the cheese is melted so it melts unevenly
Favreau is a fucking amateur

>brie with the rind cut off
>shredded cheddar cheese (not pre-shredded)
>dijon mustard both sides
>season with paprika and black pepper before assembling

>with the rind cut off
amateur

GARLIC BUTTER???

kryptonite for Veeky Forums

With parmesan on it so it gets a nice, flavorful crusting on it.

why even use brie if you're just going to overpower it with those other strong flavors?

Are we posting things that trigger Veeky Forums? oh good

youtube.com/watch?v=RllWJUvrxEY

am i the only autist who puts the cheese on after the first sides are toasted so both slices are toasted on both sides???

Have you tried? What issues are you having?

>already covered in oil

>spreads more butter on it as it cooks

Good brie has a strong flavor. It will easily stand up to those others.

Isn't the bread supposed to be soggy?

I like that parmigian cheese crust idea a lot, gonna give that a try right away...

Trying actually using a grill unlike the majority of retards here.

>lighting charcoal for a single sandwich and piece of cheese

I didn't realize Alton Brown posted here. Hi.

I'd have figured that since Alton went to culinary school then he ought to know what a plancha grill is, which makes his "grilled cheese on a grill" thing rather ironic.

Ever heard of gas?
Retard.

This meme reminds me of this aspie I knew whose mom taught him how to make grilled cheese when he was like twenty so he could finally make something for himself once in a while.

Alton Brown probably comes on here after a hard day just to shitpost about microwaving water and how british people eat chip buttys
I can totallly imagine him having that sense of humor

On topic, I'm not getting the link, but search "grilled grilled cheese alton brown" on youtube if you're in the mood to really go to too much effort for a sammwell.

Not your personal blog.

>having a bomb laying beside your house
>compromising taste
>any kid can shoot it with a pellet gun and blow your house up
>aspiring this hard to be Hank Hill

No thanks dude I don't grill with propane. I'm not on a fucking suicide mission and smoked food is ten times better.

It's relevant to OP's shitpost, fuck off

>a pellet gun can blow a gas tank
Retard.

I'm with you on the taste part, but the kid with a pellet gun part? Utter nonsense.

I've deliberately tried to shoot propane tanks before. No pellet gun is going to penetrate even a small one used for portable grills. And those big ones that sit outside a home? Very thick steel. I actually use a piece from one of those as the backstop for my pistol targets. It's taken hundreds and hundreds of shots from actual firearms. 9mm, 357, 44 mag, none of that will go through it. Even with repeated shots. If you want to puncture a tank like that you need a rifle.

And even if you did shoot one it's probably not going to explode. When we use the small ones as fun targets we end up taping a lit road flare to the side of the tank to ensure that it will explode when shot.

>shoot propane tank
>guaranteed spark
>modern pellet guns can pierce cement blocks

???
What did he mean by this?

Alright I thought they were weaker than that. Hank Hill must've been right. But it's still a bomb and inferior to charcoal with the price and flavor.

I can get grilling for $15 with charcoal while you spend $600 on grill, propane and supplies.

>>guaranteed spark
Not even close. How are you going to get a spark between a lead pellet/bullet and a steel tank?

>>modern pellet guns can pierce cement blocks
An expensive modern pellet rifle? Yes. But I don't think there are many kids toting those around.

Alright you got me, I'm a dumbass. My bad. Let's end this side discussion.

I'm with you on the fact that charcoal or wood is superior, bro.

I'm just saying that you were way off with your idea of the fragility/danger of propane tanks.

Yup but imagine your house catches fire and levels a city block when the tank melts. It's happened before. I just don't want a bomb laying outside with thousands of ways to blow up and I don't want my food to taste like gas.

Anyone can turn the nozzle and stick a line of fire staring goo on the ground leading away from it. Accident waiting to happen the second you make an enemy.

life must present you an unending plethora for imagined death.