Who else runs their ice cream under hot water for a minute or two to get it melty around the outside?

Who else runs their ice cream under hot water for a minute or two to get it melty around the outside?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7WXW2bBWBEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Microwave for 10 seconds. Literallly ten times faster.

>microwaving paper
this guy

What? Do you think it will catch on fire or something retarded?

me!

Professor Grunschnabel > Häagen-Dazs

Put it in the refrigerator when you start cooking dinner.

I usually put it in the microwave to get it all melted and hot then eat it like it's vanilla bisque.

That gooifies the insides too much as microwaves penetrate bodies of water to the core in a way thermal heat doesn't.

Why do you want it melty anyways?

>as microwaves penetrate bodies of water to the core in a way thermal heat doesn't.

Put down the dictionary and pick up a chemistry book. Heat is heat. In the case of microwaves, the heat is generated from within the ice cream instead of conducted to it from the outside, but even then, microwaves only penetrate an inch or so of material, so it's easy to regulate. Nothing is getting "gooified" unless you were retarded and bought some kind of ice cream with guar gum/carob gum/other stiffeners and you also microwaved it for too long.

this, the patrician way to eat ice cream is to eat it as a thick milkshake
microwaves heat solids unevenly, so you get patches of ice cream more melted than other bits, which isn't enjoyable, you dumb fucking weeb

>he's too poor to afford a microwave with a rotating plate
Point and laugh, people.

a rotating plate only helps slightly with that as heat builds up quicker in already heated pockets
i hope you're the same person i replied to before because i dont want to believe more than 1 person on this board is THIS retarded

>tried to say the heat microwaves make in food is different to "thermal heat"
>calling others retarded
Hello, reddit!

No, the rotating plate solves the issue. You don't need to cook your ice cream, only soften it slightly. 10 seconds is literally all it takes. If you think uneven heating is an issue at all in that situation, then you probably have brain damage. What is even the alternative? Leaving it out for 10 minutes? Are you completely fucked in the head?

sorry i dont like the excitement of not knowing whether my spoon is dipping into a volume of molten sugar or a block of ice

They do this shit in high school lad youtu.be/7WXW2bBWBEg

How old are you?

I just leave it out for 5 to 10 minutes desu
my microwave broke and I never bought a new one, it's useless for cooking and reheats unevenly all the time, a pan or skillet does the job better

the true sign of someone getting btfo

>actually arguing this seriously against zapping a pint of icecream for a few seconds on the microwave
You autists will argue about anything.

>a chemistry book
>about microwaves
i know you think you present as smart, but every one knows that you're really quite the opposite

Ice cream is best enjoyed at freezer temperature so you experience the full melting process in your mouth.
Also heating up the entire pint and then putting it back in the freezer will cause freezer burn.

>heating up the entire pint and then putting it back in the freezer will cause freezer burn
why?

>using radiation to agitate water molecules at the atomic level falls outside the purview of the subject of chemistry
wewlad.

>atomic level
molecular level you mean, you absolute fucking fool

Do you think the atoms aren't vibrating?

>molecules are too big to be considered "chemistry"
Ah, I see. You're actually retarded.

No you fucking mongoloid, heat up the ice cream scooper.

Because you just liquified part of it and lost the airation.

why does it not being airated cause freezer burn?

Why are you trying to reason with someone who actually thinks that ice cream is best enjoyed "at freezer temperature" as if he is capable of using reason and evidence?

Air is what stops large ice crystals from forming.

i'm not trying to reason with anyone, i'm a brainlet and want science explained to me

Microwave 15 - 20 secs for a pint. Perfect every time.

Don't you know that microwaving paper is a BIG no-no, and it gooifies your ice cream, and microwaves will only heat up little melted "pockets" of liquid in the ice cream while leaving the rest solid, and also chemistry is not related to microwave ovens at all???? It's far better to eat ice cream at freezer temperature to unlock the most of its flavors. I am a self-identified patrician, so I know a lot about these things.

Are you upset dude?

Listen, faggots: when you melt ice cream then freeze it again it's no longer ice cream. The liquid bullshit just freezes into flavored ice.

Jesus fucking christ, just let the icecream sit on the counter for like an hour.

Do you actually think people are putting ice cream into the microwave until it has fully returned to a liquid state?

Do you not understand what happens when ice cream melts?

>melts
>softens
>these are the same concepts
WEWLAD.

>an hour
I'm not trying to drink ice cream soup user

>Hot water for a minute
>60 seconds
>Microwave for 10 seconds
>10 seconds is literally ten times faster than 60 seconds

You get out of summer school early?

>>Hot water for a minute
>for a minute
Is that what he said, or are you just illiterate?

AROUND THE OUTSIDE
I SAID I WANT IT MELTY AROUND THE OUTSIDE
NOT INSIDE, OUTSIDE
BECAUSE I LIKE SCRAPING A BIT OF MELTED ICE CREAM OFF WITH MY FROZEN ICE CREAM

That happen when you microwave it for 10 seconds.

Freezer burn is evaporation of the product, during churning the aeration doesn't cause evaporation because the general environment is moist and warmer than general freezer temperature.

>literally ten times faster.

Or, y'know, 6 times. Your point is valid, but your execution leaves a bit to be desired. 7/10 for getting me to comment

I'm American, ice cream is the dinner, a tub each and a little one for the baby.

I'm american too and you're
OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

"1-2 minutes" is what he said. That's 60-120 seconds. I rounded off to the nearest 100. So sue me.

I'm European and I pretend to be American in chinese cartoon paintings so I can strawman them and make them look like the stereotypes I believe to be true.

It makes mustard gas

autism

O B E S E
B
E
S
E

>O B E S E D
>B
>E
>S
>E
>D

They are?

they're not tho

No, I actually agree with him. is grade A fucking retarded

steamed

They only aren't if you're eating shit with preservative "architectures" like bryers. Whenever real ice cream softens, it's going to be denser when it's refrozen, because the air pockets whipped into the cream have nothing preventing them from being filled by the adjacent cream.

I don't fucking refreeze it I eat a tub at a time

What was the point of ? It's basically the equivalent of drawing a stick figure with an arrow pointing to it that says "BAD ARGUER". There's nothing in your "diagram" that communicates anything more than "it heats unevenly", yet you still felt compelled to draw it because you couldn't realize that. But unlike , I'm pretty sure you're just retarded.

the guy i was replying too didnt understand what "heats unevenly" meant, so i drew it for him
clearly you're a very smart boy so you know and don't need my art

I think he did. I think everybody knew what that meant. Even if they didn't, you could've used your words. But instead, you drew a fucking diagram of unevenly heated fucking ice cream to explain the concept of uneven heat when someone disagreed with you. That's why I called you retarded. Disproportionate effort to level of communication, and not having the scope to realize you spent time creating an image which doesn't tell anyone anything.

took me like 20 seconds bc im a genius, stay par boiled friendo ;)

o shit a genus, i should have nown

Wouldn't your ice cream get wet?

>wristlets can't spoon into frozen ice cream

I find that Haagen-Dazs melts pretty quickly anyway, so there's no need. Perhaps I just have exceedingly warm hands.

I just put it into a ziplock bag before I put it in the freezer

>teethlets don't eat raw chunks of ice straight from the freezer

Microwaving ice cream is one of the more reddit things I've seen

>Perhaps I just have exceedingly warm hands

daddy

Just run your ice cream scoop under hot water before scooping.

I just microwave the scoop.

Or just use a Zeroll