Cheap Food Ideas

So I basically have $100 that's supposed to feed me for like 3 weeks. Tonight I was planning on making chili dogs, and tomorrow probably some spaghetti and meat sauce. I was wondering though, are there any other good and cheap recipes you guys know about? I'm assuming this topic comes up a lot, but I would really appreciate any ideas.

Assuming you have some cooking ingredients already in your house, brusselspouts. Coat in olive oil, balasamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook at 400 for 15 - 20 minutes or pan fry to liking. There's often buy one get one deals on them at stores. So you can get 2 pounds of em for 3 bucks.

This is a joke thread, right?

Like "I only have $6000 to last me this weekend"

those are not cheap meals.

10lb bag of brown rice
beans
go get fresh veg every few days
maybe some eggs and whole grain bread loaf and some fruit for breakfast.

last you a whole month on $100 and very healthy.

I suggest adding varying spices to each meal you eat otherwise you're gonna start h8in life if you aren't used to eating this way.

I get $20 in food stamps a month. You'll live.

Thanks for the idea, I'll check those out at the grocery.

While I do appreciate the effort I was looking for something a step above "eat rice and beans"

It's less than $5 a day, sorry if that's just way too expensive for a cheap meals thread

Some stuff to consider on your shopping list:

>Bulk chicken quarters. Can be $0.79/lb in some stores
>Lentils. It's a meme but has good nutritional value and can also be used to thicken stews.
>Spinach. Not the bullshit expensive baby kind but the $1/bunch kind. Can be used for salads and can be cooked.
>Other cheap produce: onions, scallions, plum tomatoes, kirby, white mushrooms, ginger root.
>Seasoning mixes: curry powder, adobo, Lowry's garlic salt
>Filler: bulk rice, cheap spaghetti, russet potatoes

You could make tons of stuff this way. Curries, soups, stews, pastas. Way cheaper than fucking chili dogs.

Depends, give me a zip code so I can look at local adverts for grocery stores

I dunno why you people think chili dogs are expensive. It's like $6 to get hot dogs, cheese, a can of chili and some buns. And that'll make at least 8 chili dogs.

These are some solid ideas, gonna buy some salad stuff and chicken quarters tonight.

Rice and beans you dumb fuck. How did you manage to find your way out of the birth canal being this retarded?

Are you stupid? I didn't ask for the cheapest food possible, I just asked for meal ideas. Why are you so angry?

>I dunno why you people think chili dogs are expensive

They're not. But if the goal is to eat on a tight budget you can get a lot cheaper than chili dogs.

100 for 3 weeks isn't even BAD for a single person.

If you can't figure it out yourself you deserve starvation

Chicken thighs, tortillas, cheese, enchilada sauce... eggs and toast... deli turkey for sandwiches, salad items if that appeals to you... bananas, frozen fruit and cheap orange juice. Make smoothies.

I'm single and spend about 900 a month on food lul.

Corn and Beans

>100 for 3 weeks isn't even BAD for a single person.

I agree, I was simply answering your question. I have no idea why people jumped to lowest-possible-budget suggestions when $100 is far from tight for 3 weeks.

Frozen pizza every day $4 x 21 = $84
2 gallons of milk per week $4 x 3 = $12

This guy knows. If you gotta go cheap do Rice or Quinoa. They are miracle foods they literally double. God Bless Asians and Indians

check the budgetbytes blog if it's kind of stuff you like. She put the price of everything and got step by step images.

Buy a bag of potatoes (~$5 for 10lb) diced or wedge them, soak in water, strain out water, package in bags, and then place into freezer until you need them.

"CUT" your ground/minced meat with rice when you cook. About 1/2 cup for every pound. It will fill you up and make the meat go a lot further.

Beans. Do I need to explain, or are you good?

Onions. Buy about 5 and chuck them in the fridge, buy more as needed.

Garlic. Buy a jar of minced garlic.

Meat. Buy chicken legs and quarters. They're usually pretty cheap, around 77cents/pound here. Rub down with spices and bake.

Veggies. Just buy a bag or two of some frozen mixed veggies, and use as needed.

Am I missing anything fellow cu/ck/s?

FYI if you have money left over, don't spend it. Instead, save it.