What is the most expensive meal you've eaten? How was it?

What is the most expensive meal you've eaten? How was it?

Shanahan's steak house in Denver, Colorado (or maybe it's Englewood). Meal was just under $300 for 3 people before tip. Great flavor, great product, everybody was extremely satisfied.

Went to an upscale burger place and ended up paying around $60+ dollars for two burgs + milkshakes.
Tasted great, but in hindsight I should've split the bill.

£140, it was this 12 course thing at a restaurant who thought they were posher than they were

It was nice

You can't split a bill if you're alone user

delete this

there was a japanese restaurant in chicago my parents took me to. i think it was about $200 a person, but that was just because my parents ordered carelessly. it was good but not an incredible experience imho

Gwen in Hollywood. $700 for 3 people. Menu was pic related plus a 46oz steak. It was good and I got to try a lot of stuff I had never had, but I probably wouldn't do it again.

I think it was about 250 ameribucks for two people. Meat & Potatoes in Pittsburgh for Valentine's day. Four cocktails, roasted beef marrow appetizer, Duck breast, Lamb cassoulet, and some desert. Pretty gosh durned good

this is like some advanced form of gentrification

I spent 200 bucks on a date at a sushi place with two asians girls, got to bang one of them

Stop

Not me but I went to a sushi bar with my manager who is fat as fuck, like no exaggeration, and she racked up a bill of £110 on herself and would've kept going if it wasn't for the other patrons who started to realise her gluttony

pic related in vegas
I know it's stupid to go to a celebrity chef place but it was comped
~100$ person not including wine or appetizers
service was beyond amazing, atmosphere was awesome, sides and stuff were great, steak was great but I think most places could make one just as good with that kinda expensive quality meat

just wondering, what does "beyond amazing" service look like

explain

dunno what the cost would've been but probably one of the meals I had with the local restaurant association. meetings are held in different spots and the meal is basically the chef/owner trying to impress the fuck out of their fellows

Um, steak at The Outback. It was alright. I like DnB's better.

Somewhere around £150 a head. More than once.

Not the user you asked but I can't really put it into words. It's just one of those things that you know it when you see it. I've been to a Ramsay restaurant before and had good service, but I wouldn't say "beyond amazing." In fact the best service I've ever had was at a PF Changs once upon a time. I find it's not something exclusive to swanky high class establishments, it's hit or miss across the board.

For me it's that the staff are attentive, but don't hover. They're relaxed, but paying attention so that if they see you look for them, they'll catch your eye and arrive at your table. They're polite but not "Yes sir, no ma'am, certainly my Lord". They're knowledgeable but not stuck up enough to look down on people who aren't. They MUST know the menu inside and out (including any specials or dailies), and they MUST have tasted the core dished and be able to describe them and have an opinion on them.

The Lamb's Club in NYC. Was about $300 for two people, after wine and tip.
Worth every penny.

It was my parent's 30th anniversary, and we wanted to take them somewhere nice, so we went to Cracker Barrel.

Spent almost $60 for the 4 of us.

That's obscene. The nonchalance wealthy people can feel toward money blows my mind.

>somewhere nice

>Cracker Barrel

Lad...

Kill yourself idiot

Been there as well, can confirm best service of any restaurant I've ever been to and I've been to several upscale places, ordered the wagyu ribcap which they don't always have and it was so fucking good.

Basque restaurant in bumfuck Nevada. Was served like 5 courses for probably $50/person. Had veal sweetbreads that had been cooked in a shit ton of butter. Was amazing.

It's not about money, it's about food... well actually the whole dining experience (food, service, music, decor, etc etc)

I've had my share of Michelin restaurants and all of them were great. That being said, if you only focus on the food, there are other restaurants that serve better food (still expensive), for a better price.

Recently went to a place in Belgium. I had the meat platter with chicken, sausage, lamb and steak. GF had unlimited ribs. Came out to about $70 with the exchange rate. Most expensive meal I've had in recent memory but I wanted to go back for a second night.

occasionally my family goes out for sushi. bill comes out to like 250. i dont think wed eat at any nicer places because my dad is... a fucking mexican otaku. i dont know how else to say it. years of having Mexican helpers has made him love their culture and he legit wants to be a poorseeming rough type.
my mom probably ate at nicer places when she was younger.
i like home cooking and junk food. i am tempted to sneer at foodie places and cant relax next to instagram thots.

I've been there. It's amazing.

The restaurant at the top of Namsan Tower in Seoul, South Korea. My inlaws insisted that we eat there (they have a lot of money). The food was good, but not worth the almost $1000USD price for four people. Another was the High1 Resort's breakfast buffet also in South Korea. Four hundred dollars for breakfast seems a bit excessive, but I got every dollar's worth with smoked salmon, lobster, steak, and crab legs that morning.

I don't like fancy eating. I have a blue collar middle class upbringing, but work in an upper middle class white collar job now that I finished grad school a few years ago, and I hate "posh" food.

Probably either my college graduation dinner at a fancy Italian place, seared tuna and some kind of pasta along with a salad and an appetizer of sausage and peppers. Was delicious, but I realize I'm not huge into delicate, facy italian food that much.

Other than that, for a friend's graduation, I had Tejas de Brazil. I didn't pay for it but it was must have been a pretty penny for how much we ate

>being poor

I mean 200, 300 dollars per person? Is it really necessary to be that pricey? I think these prices exist only because people are willing to spend it. Great service and great food can be had for much less.

Is the music and atmosphere worth it? How much does it add to the whole experience?

Cheers!

basically, waiters that are extremely overqualified.
many mich star restaurants cover almost all languages so your waiter can speak to you in your native language, often its people with a dual degree/ during a dual-university-course for hotel/restaurantmanagement or just overqualified immigrants, which are way too nice and smart for the job.
Best 2 experiences i had, besides the basic flawless service at highend places, were:
>busan korea portarea, owner served me and invited me for the whole meal after i was done, without knowing me
>cantinho de avillez lisbon, waiter split every app,main,desert onto 2 plates, each beautifully plated, because he figured my gf and me wanted to share

once i spent like $12 at mcdonalds

>I think these prices exist only because people are willing to spend it.

I'm glad you finally understood the nature of a market economy.

look at this hot shot over here

One time, I bought three McChickens, but that was back when they were $1 each

Went with my grandparents to a place called "the mill pond" in SC once. The food and service was really good, and I liked their wine selection. They have this neat setup in their dining area where you can see the crocodiles/gators (I'm not sure which they were) roam around outside. I spent $450 and it was well worth it, I'd go back.

My uncle was a big wig sales guy living in NYC. I remember him telling me that one night he was out with a potential client and they were having some wine before dinner and that ended up being over $1000 before ordering food. His company was livid, as they were paying for it all. I can't imagine what the food was priced at.

>over $1000 before ordering food
I bet he didn't even leave with a full stomach. That sounds like the kind of place where feeding the customer comes second to impressing the customer.

Your uncle sounds like an alcoholic moron. Bet he died somewhere nestled against a storm sewer.

100% yes, that's what it sounds like

Nah he's still a big wig, but he's toned the drinking down. Still a booze god though.

Michael, stop it. We all know it didn't happen.

I got 3 tacos from Sabrosa, one chicken, one carnitas and one steak. Ended up being like $30 for some fucking reason.

Filling up on food is so fucking easy that buffets can do it for under $20. Nobody is ever leaving an expensive meal hungry. Its very obvious you've never had any meal that even came close to $100

Dominoes.

I binged on two medium pizzas, pasta, and chicken nuggets

$70.

Good, but the finacial shock was horrifying.

Bouchon in Asheville NC. Im at uni in Asheville and it's a good city for food

Ordered the peppercorn steak with some mussles as an appetizer, 100 bucks for the meal. Definitely worth it.

I was at a fancy place but I ordered a $30 fettuccine alfredo since it was the cheapest thing they had. The waiter asked me if I liked truffles and I said I did. My meal came with like $200 worth of complimentary truffle shavings. Was the most umami thing I ever ate without meat. Tipped that fucking waiter well.

Hope those burgers were made with actual Kobe beef seasoned with real saffron, buns made by German monks and flown in mere hours after leaving the oven, and Beluga caviar.

>totally not Gordon Ramsay shilling for his own restaurant

Kobe beef whilst in Japan. Friend paid for everything so we went ham. It was at the top of some fancy hotel, teppanyakki style. The only other section with any other customers was a clearly yazuka looking dude with his sexy ass arm candy.

The meat melted in my mouth with no chewing required. We ordered miso soup and fried rice for an extra $75 each, but goddamn was it worth it.

Last week, I paid $148 for just myself at a really good sushi restaurant. That's the most I've spent recently.

About $80 for my meal on my dad's birthday a few years ago. Had a 22 oz steak, a loaded baked potato, a salad, and coffee.

60 for some duck at an upscale Seattle restaurant for an anniversary. I ended up puking on the way home.

Probably $55.00 for just me at the organic raw vegan place not far from here.

OOps forgot to post the food! I remember ordering the cosmic qasadila, filaffels, and a wrap. The cashew cheese cake is really fucking sublime though. I have easily spent a few hundred bucks there.

falafels*

the fat duck with 7 people

bill came to about 2 grand

ate at Alinea in Chicago with my girlfriend. we wanted to see what a 3 michelin star restaurant was like. the bill at the end was $1000 for the two of us, including the wine flight to go with the tasting menu.
it was worth trying once, but neither of us would do it again. we split the bill. Alinea is known for "molecular gastronomy" so they did some weird things like having an edible taffy balloon filled with helium as the first dessert course. they also lit a small fire on the table that heated one of the savory dishes and used dry ice as a decoration. it was pretty elaborate and the wait staff always had someone doing something to prep or clean when we weren't eating.

Went to Jiros in Tokyo.

It was alright for $300

bells and whistles. pathetic how they create a confusing scene to try and justify their outright robbery of you and your sweet, sweet gf.

>raw vegan quesadilla
Isn't that just... shit on a tortilla?

Went to a work xmas party at one of Kobe's most highly awarded restaurants. The hallways were lined with hundreds of plaques of awards they'd won. It was $100 a head for a pretty generic-sized portion of meat with the centerpiece being a steak of Ishigaki beef. It tasted pretty fucking amazing.

Did you see the Sushiman himself?

yeah

I ate at Alinea, $355 per person including wine pairings. It was pretty good,.

Asheville! My girlfriend and I live there and recently splurged on Curate. Their mushroom fritters are godlike, like the best fried mushroom combined with the best cheesestick. Amazing octopus over perfectly creamy mashed potatoes, homemade blood sausage, Iberico pork sandwich, grilled lamb skewers with challenging Moorish spice blend, dark chocolate rosemary custard. $120 with tip and drinks, worth it.

They marinated the mushrooms in soy sauce, the tortila is made from coconut meat and usually some spices, they make it all fresh and in house. The sauce is bomb as fuck. IDK what it is but they did it right.

Gourmet raw food is not your average carrots and celery or mack n cheese meal.

Not the most expensive I've ever had but the most expensive item I've had was a $60 seafood soup in Australia. This was probably about 8 years ago and I can still remember it to this day.
Was a truly awesome soup, had scallops, small clams, prawns and the broth was heavenly. I was unemployed at the time and someone else bought it for me so it was such a treat.

Damn. How did you manage to get a seat?

Le Bernardin at around $300 was very good, and I suppose interesting, but it wasn't the most delicious or inventive thing I've ever eaten. Beautiful place and very good service though.

L'Osier in Tokyo blows it away though, IMO. Was closer to like $220 a person (I am bad at yen conversions), and it was the single best dining experience I've ever had. There were like 9 courses, 3 of them were various stages of dessert, and 1 was cheese, and every bite was unimpeachably delicious. And owing to the Jap adherence to French formality, it was also the best service I've ever received. The chef came out at the end to every table in the restaurant to have a chat about what people liked so they could improve the menu.

My mother and I once went to Normandy for vacation and we took a day to go to Mont Saint-Michel. My uncle recommended that we have an omelette there, which they're famous for. He didn't specify that we should have gotten a back street one so like dumbasses we went to one of the restaurants closest to the entrance.
We wanted to split one and we looked at the menu but the most basic one was €90, so we got that. We didn't see that that was the one with lobster and that the actual regular one was hidden in the back in small print for a still steep €28.
It was pretty bad. Half butter and way too fluffy and fatty, almost tasteless because of it. The lobster was really bland and gross too.
It was all our mistake but I'll never forget how bad it was.

Melting Pot's Pacific Rim
Everything there is expensive.
The experience is unique though.

Hey dumbass, the waiter didnt do shit regarding the plating of your food.
Show some proper fucking respect for the cooks you cunt.

That should only be about 30 bucks with tax

travelling europe with my then girlfriend over the holidays and I'm in rome on christmas day. nothing in the area is open so I bit the bullet and paid 80 euros (each) for 6 course meals at our hotel. It was nice but probably only worth half what we paid.

Booked months in advance using a concierge as a present to myself after graduation and winning a few thousand bucks. I always wanted to go have expensive sushi in Japan and so I went.

I thought 300 was normal price, not a steal. have prices skyrocketed?

~400 dollary doos at a really nice sushi place in japan.

I paid for myself and the neet local that I hijacked to be my tour guide. Was thoroughly impressed with their food. Would go again.

>hello can you speak english
>y-yes I can w-why?
>come with me you are my tour guid
>what pls no

Went to Sokyo in Sydney last year and I think we spent about $300~ dollars, which was a surprise to me.

But it would have been so much better having the seat where the chef handpicks for you.

i spent 35 once

waiter made the observation and request

literally any monkey can put food on a plate

I've spent a lot of money on food in my life, but nothing's better than paying $200 for oysters and cocktails. We did about 3 and a half dozen each. Then we went for more cocktails after that. Then yakitori and beers.

$400 in one day. Fuck, I miss that guy and I'm glad he was sent off well.

Here is a man who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Lol

>Lol

What about Dorcia?

That sounds like heaven.

it's spelled dorsia you absolute fucking pleb

How the fuck would you know? Do you have reservations?