So let's get this out onto a tray

...Nice!

youtube.com/watch?v=SUYXnNilxoQ

Making Kebab Gryte Again

Norway armed forces God Tier, when Burgerland DoD won't even have MRE pizza in their 2018 menus.

>Norway
>Kebab
My inner /pol/ screamed.

Look at all of those preservatives.
Watch him get cancer. It wont be...Nice...

Looks like shit. And judging by his voice and other uploaded videos, I'm going to assume they're all shit too.

Arguing over whose MRE's are better is like arguing whose bucket of human shit is less repulsive.

Are MREs good? They look great in the videos plus they have a lot of food in there.

I worked at a research lab that did a lot of R&D with American MREs for several years so I got to try plenty of them. Overall they were better than I expected, though some are better than others.

But in the end it's still highly processed food designed for a long shelf life so it's certainly not going to compare to fresh home cooking.

They are actually quite good from a nutritional perspective. The menus are designed to make sure that even a solider doesn't like one of the items in a given menu and doesn't eat it they still provide good nutrition. After all, a malnourished soldier is ineffective.

That pizza looked repulsive, though. I know it's an MRE, but there's a damn good reason pizza has proven difficult to make shelf stable. That one might be shelf stable but they've done it by producing something that barely qualifies as pizza, by the looks of it.

Isn't it supposed to be highly nutritional at the very least it's better than fast food, I can't picture America feeding it's forces McDonald's

I don't get if they can make bread, cheese, and tomato then how is pizza so hard?

Actual cheese is hard (and as Steve points out, the cheese on that pizza isn't very cheese-like). Anything acidic like tomato is hard. And bread is hard anyway; shelf stable bread is more cake-like than even Wonderloaf.

former MRE researcher here.

>Isn't it supposed to be highly nutritional
Actually, they are. At least the American ones. The government spent millions of dollars on nutritional research to make sure that the MREs contain what the soldier needs to function correctly in a highly active high stress enviornment. I'm sure that the organic hippie vegans would find things to complain about, but they put a lot of effort into make sure they contain all the essential nutrients. And as I explained earlier, they even went so far as to design each menu with a lot of overlap so even if one of the items in an MRE goes uneaten there is still sufficient nutrition in the other components of the menu.

Those are all correct. And what's hardest of it all is keeping all those radically different foods together in a shelf-stable manner. The acid from the tomato sauce will turn the bread/crust into mush, for example.

The pouches of "cheese spread" in MREs are loaded with additives in order to stop the fat separating out, etc. It does contain actual cheese, but it contains a lot more non-cheese ingredients.

Steve threads always make me happy.
>tfw he'll never throw his arms around you to cuddle you and in response to you accepting his affection say, "No hiss... Nice!"

>The acid from the tomato sauce will turn the bread/crust into mush, for example.

Why not just go the Lunchables route and have a sauce packet separate from the the crust?

that pizza looks pretty tasty actually

>Steve threads always make me happy

OP here. Along with Ashens, EEVBlog, Techmoan, and Big Clive Dot Com tickling my interest glands, I find Steve1989's vids to be very therapeutic. And...

...nice!

Ashens has reviewed some military rations; a few individual items, and this Estoniand one:

...containing a tin of Seagull's Anuses, apparently.

>Ashens has reviewed some military rations; a few individual items

...including this tin of Vietnam War-issue (late 1960s; best before date July 1977) crackers & chocolate (toffee enriched) discs:

>70000

...ooooo, and I've got quads. As Chef Excellence would say, 'This is An Excellent Number'.

Unlike the ration. The chocolate tasted of rot & horror.

Witnessed

Keeping the tomato sauce & cheese stable (and edible) would still be a challenge. You'd be even further away from "pizza", too.