Mmm... rainbow meat

mmm... rainbow meat...

Other urls found in this thread:

atoptics.co.uk/fz734.htm
theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/02/what-causes-beef-rainbows/273534/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rainbow meat.....more like Dangbow meat, amirite boys?

Why is the meat in veitnamese food so shit even if it is in a first world country?

That means it is rancid right?

apparently not

Not necessarily. If it's iridescent like that, it probably just means it was sliced against the grain of the muscle fiber. Looks gross as fuck, though.

I've seen a lot of shit in my day, but rainbow meat has not been one of them until today. Congrats OP, your filthy dollar store shopping has paid off

Pretty sure it does. We had a chef fired at our military program because he served us rancid rainbow meat.

youve seriously never seen this before?

I wondered about it last week but it tasted good.
rainbow meat is ok in my book.

How fast was he fired?

And was it out of a cannon?

Arbys ONLY serves rainbow meat. at least where I live.

No it's not. It's by definition a second world country

Salted beef can be rainbowy. I never gave it much thought but I guess I always assumed it was the salting what did it.

you misread his question

It's quite well documented. See:
atoptics.co.uk/fz734.htm

That's not even possible. Arby's doesn't use real meat; they use a slurry of "recovered" meat that gets shipped in plastic tubes and gets boiled at the franchise.

As others have pointed out the iridescent color is an artifact of slicing across the grain structure of certain meats. Arby's slurry cannot have a grain structure because it's a slurry of particles of "recovered" meat.

If your Arby's is serving stuff that is weirdly colored, then it's probably rotten. That doesn't look the same as these "iridescent" sliced meats, the color on your Arby's meat-slurry crap is most likely from bacterial and fungal growth.

tl;dr: Arby's is shit, don't eat there.

USDA says it's ok

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/02/what-causes-beef-rainbows/273534/

can you make cupcakes with that?

>shipped in plastic tubes and gets boiled at the franchise.
isnt that a urban legend?

Man what a bunch of beefcake homos. Gross.

bro, I'm telling you. their meat is rainbow. Like red blue green and grey and it glows. It looks exactly like the OP.

I haven't eaten at arbys in years, but the gas station roast beef sandwiches are rainbow too. I just assumed it was a quality of shitty beef, not rotten

I don't think it's rotten per say. I've had it happen to chicken and grease that I've let sit in the fridge. I think it just happens to frozen/low temperature oil/grease. Arby's still tastes like shit though.