Risotto

Why is it always such a disappointment?

nobody cares about risotto unless its a gordon ramsay show.

Risotto is great, especially with leek and bacon
Stop being a bad chef

It looks good enough

It doesn't in any way look "good"

When did Chef Boyardee start making Rissoto?

Use a celebrity chef recipe instead of making some improvised shitty dish.

Judging from your pic it's because you don't know how to cook it.

I've never made a bad risotto at home.

If you have good stock, the correct kind of rice, and you pay attention to the dish it's foolproof.

OTOH if you're easily distracted and you don't pay attention to it then yeah, I can see how it could get fucked up.

you fucking suck op, consider suicide as your only valid option at improving yourself.

Mushroom risotto is best risotto

would the flavors get too crowded with mushroom and bacon and the like in one risotto?

Risotto is for teethlets who can't chew crunchy paella. Why do brits deliberately mispronounce foreign foods?

Try Orzo instead, it's a pasta but is sort of like Risotto rice in that it gos nice and creamy while cooking.

The best thing is that unlike Risotto rice you don't have to dick around so much making it. Coat the Orzo in whatever you're using as a base, add the stock all at once and keep stirring, in 6-7 minutes you'll have a meal that looks like you spent a lot of time and effort making.

Plus it's cheap.

Why do foreigners deliberately mispell their food names?

My uncle, who only talks about Apple product and food, thought Orzo was a whole grain.

because you make a bad risotto?

i can partly agree with you, risotto never looks good but it can be tasty as fuck.
the only thing that could be good looking in a risotto would be the garnish or if you have some of the main ingredient on top of the risotto (kind of garnish anyways)

>If you have good stock, the correct kind of rice, and you pay attention to the dish it's foolproof.

This. You if you have that down you can put pretty much anything in it and it will come out great.

I got inspired by Iron Chef and tried to make a "Buffalo wing risotto" once. I used arborio rice, a good strong homemade chicken stock, chopped pieces of chicken thigh, blue cheese, and hot sauce. It was pretty damn awesome, and I'm normally not one for novelty dishes.

Because it's just soupy overcooked rice.

how about you eat proper risotto instead of fucked up risotto?

Why is it red?

Probably has tomato or red pepper in it.