Anons, can anyone advise me on how to effectively slice cheese...

Anons, can anyone advise me on how to effectively slice cheese? Right now I slice it with my regular knife (not the sharpest desu) and it's annoying and hard. Is there some smart way to make it less tedious?

A wire

i sawed away with this for hours, back and forth and back and forth, and barely got anywhere, fuck this meme

a katana of the finest nippon steel folded over 1337 times

Wire cheese cutters are meant for soft cheese, not a fucking block of Parmesan.

>how do I cut the cheese
the absolute state of Veeky Forums right now

for parm you use a special tool to cut in a few places, then split along the cracks you make
You are right though. Semi-hard should be cut with knife and everything under is okay with a wire

it was velveeta

and the joke was that i was sawing instead of pressing down you autist cant appreciate great comedy go back to /asshole/

Try grating it?

>great comedy

that was a joke too you spectrum surfing thimerosal injecting two balled bitch, you probly have ovaries

Haha, I'm just wondering how shit your life must be to act like this.

>baiting yourself into a raging tizzy on the court of pro humor

Stop projecting and go back to looking for ways to spice up your rodman noodles

>grate comedy

Use a cheese knife. Preferably one with two grips. They have a wider edge and arent really sharp. But it makes it easier for big slices.

For thin slices, get yourself a proper cuttin machine, like they have in meat shops / delis,

0/10, you're trying WAY too hard.

Exhibit A: autism

This. Those things are great for consistent cuts.

>fucking block of Parmesan
Sounds painful; I prefer dogs.

>the joke was that i was sawing
Yeah, I got that, but it didn't qualify as a joke because it wasn't funny.

Problem with these is the relatively narrow slot. They're fine when your cheese is one of those little grocery-store miniature chunks about an inch wide, but useless on Costco sized blocks.

sharpen your goddamn knife.
is good for soft cheeses and for hard cheeses specifically for serving alone, but desu neither are that nice for sandwiches and neither is a knife. there's a reason things like provolone and mild cheddar live at the deli counter.

freezing would make slicing 100x easier.

but does it fuck up the texture?