Does Veeky Forums know about Mate?

Does Veeky Forums know about Mate?

What is it.

Tell me about Mate

A type of soda which is pretty popular in Germany.
It's made from mate-tea

It's really popular among computer hackers, apparently. I keep thinking about ordering some but it's really expensive to get in the US because of shipping and shit.

Im guessing it is an acquired taste, but to me it tastes like carbonated bitter tea, which it is.

Nah mate. Tell me about Mate, mate.

club-mate is alright, but the real thing is better

I literally live in a mate drinking society, and people usually carry hot water to drink it.
But for a cold drink I prefer guaranĂ¡ soda.

No, mate. What is Mate?

It's pretty shit, the pomegranate one is decent though.

I love regular mate, as it is much healthier than coffee, and has a ritual to it. Although people in eastern europe look at it and go "woah, the fuck is this?", so I rarely use it outside of home/office.

are you polish or did mate finally manage to spread to the other slav nations?

YERBA MATE IS THE NEW MEME

YALL BEEN PUT ON MATE-WATCH

IN 6 MONTHS MATE WILL BE THE NEW KOMBUCHA

I keep getting these fucking weird cups and metal straws as gifts from my BR relatives. What the fuck is this and how do I use it. I thought it was some sort of drug originally but from what I'm seeing here it's like tea?

>guaranĂ¡ soda
it's too sweet

I have plenty of mates. Don't really know what they have to do with Veeky Forums but.

>put a shitload of the stuff into a cup (I recommend a small cup)
>stick the straw in there
>steep it for a minute in 70-80 degrees celsius water
>steep many times, until it loses it's flavor
>wa la
>you will be stimulated and relaxed for the next 5 hours
more advanced techniques are possible but not needed

Should i get yerba-mate or is it a meme? I'll see if i can get some when i go to the store.

I drink this nearly everday and lots of students drink it in my area (Norhern Germany).
It's the best way to get some caffeine you're studying in the library and can't take coffee with you.

Enjoy your lead poisoning.

>is yerba-mate an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
Retard.

Order it online by the kilo. You can join a kilo of the month club if you drink that much.

Eat a dick, moron, you know what I mean. Meme has become a coloquialism for something that's popular but is actually relatively low quality compared to the amount of attention it recieves. That's how language works, fucking deal with it.

Cool, I'll check it out.

>Meme has become a coloquialism for something that's popular but is actually relatively low quality compared to the amount of attention it recieves.
Are you really this dumb?

>ur stiuped
Excellent argument

Not him, but he's totally right. Lurk moar.

it's a great coffee substitute
just make sure you're buying originally packaged south-americna brands or else you're probably getting ripped off

It's just strong tea..... I prefer coffee with milk for the same effect.

except it's not the same effect at all unless you use teabag mate