Burn Skin (Hand) From Hot Pot Handle While Cooking

Any /cooks/ ever burnt their hand while cooking? Could use some help here please.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/first-aid/tc/home-treatment-for-second-degree-burns-topic-overview
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why don't you talk to a doctor instead of talking to Veeky Forums you fabulous idiot

Nice shitty link that doesn't work
I hope your hand gets infected

1. I don't have insurance.
2. I could pay $150 to see an RN or nurse's assistant at a minimal care "emergency" clinic, but I think I might be okay.
3. There are actually some smart people here that can help believe it or not.

That's not very nice, senpai.

You don't need any care dude, this is a tiny minor burn. I've done something like this a dozen times and don't even bother to run it under cool water anymore. It'll be a minor annoyance for a couple days while it blisters and then scars.

That isn't shit. Just suck up the pain like a man, and quit being a little bitch.

>2. I could pay $150 to see an RN or nurse's assistant at a minimal care "emergency" clinic, but I think I might be okay.
She should charge you 200 bucks for wasting their time on this shit.
Do you want her to kiss it to make it feel better? Just take an aspirin and hold some ice cubes you fucking baby.

Thank you. Makes me feel better. Hopefully it doesn't scar.

>That isn't shit.

Thank you.

>Just suck up the pain like a man, and quit being a little bitch.

Will do.

>She should charge you 200 bucks for wasting their time on this shit.
>Do you want her to kiss it to make it feel better?

That would be nice.

>Just take an aspirin and hold some ice cubes you fucking baby.

Thank you. I'm going to apply aloe,

theres nothing wrong you stupid faggot

if/when it blisters, don't pop it

should take about a week before the blister breaks and the skin underneath is good to go

>Hopefully it doesn't scar.
Chicks dig scars.
Get one across your eye and you will be swimming in bitches.

Thank you. Won't pop it.

I had a similar burn on a smaller area last week (just a finger)

the best thing is to run it over cool water for a bit like you did, then put ice to it for 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off

It hurt like a bitch for a few hours, and it still hurt the next day but wasnt that bad then improves quickly

>Used to have flaming plastic drip on my hand.
>See OP.

Thank you. I thought ice sounded good, but haven't seen anything online recommending it.

First aid for minor burn is to remove the heat source, run under cool water, and leave unbandaged. Don't apply ice, don't apply ointments, and don't do anything that would turn your burn into an open wound.
You'll be fine.

Go grab a small bottle of the green aloe vera with lidocaine. Apply that stuff and keep it on for several hours. You should be fine. Your hand may blister and it may not, but it seems like a relatively minor injury.

Looks like this is a small problem that's already gone away on its own, but here's some future info:

First degree burns, like the one that you have, are a nothing sort of problem. This only fucks up the tiny part of the top of your live skin, or dermis. Some ice and a bandage over your blister, and some antibiotic ointment to keep it from getting infected if/when the blister pops.

Second degree burns will have a darker red color, obvious blisters, and much more pain than you have now. You will need the antibiotic ointment. It can be over-the-counter, but it's not optional. Make sure that your bandaging can breathe well.

Third degree: Congratulations. You have burned all of your way through your dermis. There will be no pain in this area. Go to a doctor immediately.

Cold compress. Stay away from oil based salves, keep it wrapped up for now, but air it out the next morning. You did not burn yourself that badly.

webmd.com/first-aid/tc/home-treatment-for-second-degree-burns-topic-overview

Do not use ice.

It's first degree, kiddo. He can't really do much to fuck it up. Lukewarm water would have been better, but I bet the ice felt very good.

I'm so fucked up.

>Could use some help
Dont touch the pot user