Irasshaimase!

Irasshaimase!
What do you order when you go to sushi?

Other urls found in this thread:

crimeresearch.org/2016/07/new-study-14-5-million-concealed-handgun-permits-last-year-saw-largest-increase-ever-number-permits/
time.com/4499088/guns-us-super-owners-report/
youtu.be/odXVHJILMCM?t=46
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bluefin Tuna, Yellowtail Cheek and an Oyster shooter to start please!

I usually get a spicy salmon roll and then pick a second roll based on what I'm in the mood for and what sounds good on the menu. Probably an eel roll or something like that.

I'd order a bullet because I'm not a weeb

I fucking hate those sushi places where the chef yells that shit when I enter the place.

Ban evading I see

I don't see any sushi in this photo.

Is that why people post that sometimes? I see it all the time around here, but I never see anyone say anything about it.

Usually the restaurant will be called a sushi restaurant, but they serve sashimi. I think of it as sashimi, nigiri and rolls are different forms of sushi. I'm probably wrong, but I won't change

sushi pizza with extra spicy mayo
california dragon roll
pizza roll
and asian chicken salad

I usually order something different every time. My one standby that I get every time is a single Toro Nigiri. And green tea of course.

I turn 360 degrees and walk out the door.

My go to is an eel roll and mackerel nigiri

dunno the english word for it, but hamachi, especially when fatty, is the best. Tuna marinated in soy sauce is alsp good.

>western sushi
get out

1 of everything and a 2L bottle of Coke Zero to wash it down

>bluefin tuna

Holy shit when will this meme end? When will people stop paying $1 gorillion shekels on shit that is indistinguishable from ordinary maguro and is driving a predatory animal to extinction?

chef's choice. he knows what's good today. if it's bad, never go back. if it's all expensive, go back once and see if that wasn't just a day with fuckmazing otoro or some shit. if it's all cheap, appreciate the honesty but assume that they're getting second pickings at the fish market and never take a date or client. if it's a good mix, i've found my place.

One roll with Eel
another with salmon
They make a good combination

egg nigiri
tuna sashimi
roll with eel in it

Something else

>cut up some pieces of raw fish
>place them onto a plate
>considered a "chef"

why is this allowed?

Wasn't funny a few days ago, isn't funny now
1/10

Because of heavy application of concentrated autism, like most cultural things in japan. The original sushi in japan was literally just finger food sold by street vendors in the city. Due to sumptuary laws that restricted what the rising merchant class could spend their money on so as to maintain the political and social position of the Samurai families, many of those who had wealth had nothing to spend it on but clothes and food. In the port city of Osaka, this gave rise to the concept of Kuidaore, or 'to eat oneself bankrupt', a sort of bon vivant philosophy centered around making food the central luxury of ones life. With the money there came the talent, and ever increasingly ostentatious ways of demonstrating that wealth, both with lavish feasts and fiddly haute cuisine.

So you had a wealthy merchant class blowing loads of dosh on food who wanted new and ever more fancified or exotic ways to eat said food. Hence why Osaka is a centre of japanese Food Culture, and why Sushi - itself originally a dish of the lower class - would find itself elevated by severe OCD attention to detail to 'justify' the enjoyment of it.

In short, people wanted to make Sushi fancy, and had the money to pay for it, so it happened

Nigiri
>real red snapper
>yellowtail
>eel
>salmon
>inari
>mackerel
>wasabi marinated tobiko

Maki
>spicy tuna/yellowtail/salmon, add negi
>salmon+cream cheese+krab+avocado wrapped with cucumber, no rice, ponzu drizzled on top

I ordered umeboshi (pickled plum) at a sushi restaurant. seriously, how do people eat those fucking things?

War crimes.
As an American whose great grandfather fought in the Pacific and was a POW for 2 years I will never buy anything from those savage monkeys.

thank you come again

Ich kriege einmal das wiener schnitzel.

Salmonella on a plate.

Always get some uni and cuttlefish or squid if they have it. Also a big fan of salmon belly and mackerel

My grandmother watched Japanese soldiers literally rip babies out of their wombs, and yet didn't have much of an issue sending my mother off to study at Handai in the 1960s. Grandma doesn't like sushi but that's just because when she was growing up raw was dangerous.

But white Americans are a sheltered bunch, so one little spate of violence 3/4 of a century ago gets passed down from generation to generation and is just reinforced by Hollywood movies that define the essence of American-ness as getting involved in a CGI battle starring Matt Damon.

Just like how white Americans are afraid to go out and get some tacos without the reassuring heft of a loaded gun in their pocket. Their view of reality is warped by dramatic action films that they mistake for documentaries.

All you can eat, so a little bit of everything

I just tell them to give me a few pieces of pink fish rolled in grass

What is the evasion method? It's been deleted.

I walk in and hand the chef a piece of of paper with お任せをください written on it. if they fail to understand (which they rarely do) then I sheathe my katana and walk out.

Salmon maki, gomenasai.

This may come as a surprise to you, but the majority of Americans don't carry handguns in their day-to-day lives. In most states a permit is required to concealed-carry a handgun, and as of 2016 the government has issued 14.5 million of these permits. A large number to be sure, and it's no doubt increased since then, but mind you reaching this number in 2016 was a notably huge increase since previous years. In addition, 14.5 million is only around 4.5% of the USA's current population, and it can be assumed that not all of these permit holders actually carry their handguns every day. A lot of Americans own guns without a concealed-carry permit, but most of these gun owners just have a few hunting rifles and shotguns they keep locked up at home when not in use for hunting or target shooting. An even more interesting statistic, as of 2016 half of the estimated 265 million guns in the USA are owned by about 3% of the population. So contrary to the stereotypes, the majority of Americans don't carry guns with them at all times, and a sizable chunk of them don't even own guns at all.

Sources:
crimeresearch.org/2016/07/new-study-14-5-million-concealed-handgun-permits-last-year-saw-largest-increase-ever-number-permits/
time.com/4499088/guns-us-super-owners-report/

>Coke zero

Yellowtail, salmon, tuna for sashimi.

Then your typical American rolls that everyone hates, like sakura/pink lady/whatever seems appealing at the time since it changes from day to day.

I don't really like shrimp, red snapper, mackerel, or octopus, and I usually get a spicy kani salad, miso soup or tempura yam as an appetizer.

There is a place I go to that gives you whatever you want for a flat rate and it's pretty awesome, but I stopped going because I can't go out in public with my dad, it's too embarassing, he is terrible with the staff and his habits are awful.

I really wish I could go sometime soon with someone else, but they either won't eat it or never have any money so I'd have to pay for us both.

youtu.be/odXVHJILMCM?t=46

Anything with Eel and lobster. Eel is my favorite though.

I always say 3 orders of any nigiri, chef's choice.

Always get good shit. Though that's how i found out about the mess that is squid sashimi.

why does sumimasen sound like shimoshe when spoken?

"Omakase!"

I've never heard it spoken like that.

I'd rather have sukiyaki or shabu shabu desu

>Herro. What wourd you rike to sushi?
Gimme a spicy tuna, an eel, and a shrimp with some wasabi and two small bottles of warm sake. Wasabi and ginger on separate plates, please.

>360 degrees
Dumb ass.

Newfag.

california with no cucumber because Im a piece of garbage

I never understood the cucumber in sushi meme

It ruins the whole texture

Shit, that's actually sound research and arguing.

I like quality posts like these.

I often just get the chirashi, but if they have it I'll sometimes get hamachi kama, with oshinko maki, a couple nirigi, and maybe Inarizushi.

my go-to is salmon and yellowtail nigiri, tuna is also great

but the other thing i do is that thing where the chef just sends you a bunch of stuff, usually only at really expensive sushi places where a rich relative is paying. its always amazing but not quite worth the price

Hard to go wrong with chirashi, but I find it annoying when I'm going out with other people who want to get rolls and share their rolls with me and eat my sashimi, leaving me with less good stuff and having to eat their mayonnaise-covered garbage, so I'll often try out the other side of the menu (yakisoba, ramen, udon, gyuudon, etc.) as a way to prevent people thinking they are going to share some of my food with themselves. Only problem is that most sushi restaurants in my city have absolutely shit, Americanized B menus. When I do find somewhere that has miso ramen, they are just using the stock from miso soup, with no chicken or pork broth added and non-traditional toppings. Soooo many sushi restaurants are run by Chinese chefs who don't care about matching their food to Japanese flavors.

A major consideration for me going into American sushi restaurants is quality of fish. Living in Japan spoiled me for American sushi, which is generally less fresh and has always been frozen, thanks to our food safety regulations, which hurts its texture. It helps to talk to the chef to find out what kinds of special cuts of fish he has for the day.

I hate to burst your bubble dude but most of the serious gun owners do not acknowledge that they are gun owners. Of course you get mall-ninja types that want to use the fact that they own guns as a "look at me!" tool, and hunters, etc. but most of the people who own guns for 2nd Amendment reasons (IE not home defense or hunting but defense from the State) will never, ever acknowledge the fact that they are armed to a stranger. Why is this? Two main reasons: Firearms are a valuable and powerful tool, and flaunting the fact you're armed may make you a target for violence and robbery. The more important reason is the element of surprise, if you believe that the government is your enemy, why tip your hand by telling the government employee "Yeah, I have like 9 ARs and a smattering of handguns"? Doing so would make you a priority in a disarmament scenario,

Also, as for concealed carry, 10 states do not require a permit at all (constitutional carry), many states allow permitless open (visible) carry of handguns, and many otherwise law-abiding citizens illegally carry handguns because they live in a jurisdiction that prohibits legal carry.

Every time someone makes out like gun owners are a shrinking demographic, it makes me lol. We're not going anywhere, we're just becoming less visible.

>if you believe that the government is your enemy, why tip your hand by telling the government employee "Yeah, I have like 9 ARs and a smattering of handguns"? Doing so would make you a priority in a disarmament scenario

You can conceal your weapon, but how do you hide your tinfoil hat?

in my ass of course

Octopus, red snapper or if they have it Uni for nigiri.

Where I go Bluefin Tuna is one of the more economic fish. Plus I don't care about extinction.

Then you have no buisness being interested in food or cooking you selfish fuck, food is meant to be shared among others and cooking traditions passed onto others. How are your grandkids going to be able to eat that delicious bluefin if grandpa fished them to extinction.
Get fucked you selfish cuck

Don't go to Japan then since they do that at every store and restaurant there

>egg

unagi, tuna and crab nigiri.

Yellowtail w/ scallions roll

sweet potato roll

tuna roll

I havent had anything except the roe that I didnt like at a sushi restaurant. I hope to develop a taste for it but damn it tastes only like salt water to me

chirashi.

theyre serving it wether I order it or not. May as well take advantage and eat it while I can.