Vegan Food Thread

What vegan foods have you eaten recently?

I just made a pizza with Trader Joe's pizza dough, Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella, and sauteed green bell peppers and onions, and obviously tomato sauce. So freaking good.

Then I made cookies using Betty Crocker's chocolate chip cookie mix, and about a thumb's length of banana and equal amounts peanut butter in place of the egg, and Earth Balance instead of butter. People who use egg don't know what they're missing.

What about you?

Also, vegan food inspiration:
www.pinterest.com/vfortheanimals

Other urls found in this thread:

bettycrocker.com/products/cookiemix/snacksizechocolatechip
nasoya.com/healthy-tofu-recipes/chocolate-strawberry-tiramisu/
google.com/search?q=vegan baby malnourished&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>bowl of oatmeal with cocoa powder and vanilla extract
>handful of honey roasted chipotle almonds
For lunch, I'm gonna make some brown rice with tomatoes, lentils, garlic, chilli powder, onions, mushrooms and cayenne pepper. Maybe some added spinach.

>Betty Crocker's chocolate chip cookie mix,

there's eggs in that... yes the mix itself

No there isn't... I check.

Craving oatmeal now. So weird I started craving oatmeal now that it's summer, but didn't crave it when it was colder.

Enriched Flour Bleached (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), Chocolate Chips (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla), Brown Sugar, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil, Leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate), Salt, Color Added.

time to puke it up OP

bettycrocker.com/products/cookiemix/snacksizechocolatechip

Um yeah that's a different kind. This is the one I got.
Please, I check the ingredients every time.

Jesus Christ, you vegans really get triggered easily.

I have a severe phobia of animal products so I just wanted to be extra clear that I would never stick that gross shit in my mouth.

Sorry for the pic quality but I think you can see that there are no eggs. Might have to brighten your screen/increase the contrast I guess. I can read it though.

Why not turn on your flash or turn on a light?

>"""""""""""""""""""""made""""""""""""""""""""" a pizza
FTFY

I made some chocolate pumpkin thick smoothie/nice cream earlier with about 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2.5tbsp cocoa powder and some Splenda. Although I did end up topping it with some cinnamon toast crunch (not vegan) and cherries

This, OP just make your own dough, its just strong flour, water and a rising agent. I dont know if I could ever go full vegan but I am eating less meat and dairy lately, I like the non dairy milk alternatives but as far as cheese goes I cannot imagine they would be any good.

Yum. Sounds good. Though not a big fan of Splenda myself.

Maybe I'll try making my own next time. It seems like all the stores near here just have regular baking flour though.

It's super easy to be full vegan so I'm sure you could if you wanted to. And the blocks of Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella are delicious shredded and topped on a pizza, then when it's almost done baking I wrap the crust in foil so it doesn't burn, then broil it and it browns and bubbles like this.

I forgot to say that I put in a few handfuls of ice

As a vegan, i was able to get a nice healthy meal out of my wife's boyfriend's semen this morning while my wife's son ate a disgusting breakfast of bacon eggs and toast. How can people eat that stuff?

Just a suggestion but why not be retarded on /b/? You'll get plenty of (You)s there.

i could ask the same question about the creator of this thread

FUCKIN KEK! Shadilay, brother! Mind if I screencap this for The_Donald?

>thread about vegan food
>on Veeky Forums - Food & Cooking
?
Are you retarded?

I eat plenty of vegan food, it goes well with meat and cheese and eggs all mixed together so the gravy gets all over the vegan part

>being vegan
?
Are you retarded?

>vegan
>""""food""""

>vegan food

This is why people consider vegans to be psychotic. What is vegan food? I'll let you in on a secret: Vegetables, mushrooms, nuts, fruits and grains. It's not imitation copycat meat products and sugary processed shit. So make vegetable curries, soups, stews, breads and roast root vegetables. When you've exhausted all the possibilities and variations out of those options, we'll see you again in 90 years.

Get over yourself you fucking autist. Also meat alternatives are actually improvements in literally every single way. But you wouldn't know that because you fell for the "hur dur why do vegans eat fake meat it tastes like shit lol they must miss meat so bad" meme. No. I don't miss meat what so fucking ever, but meat alternatives like Gardein taste better, never have any of the nasty bits you always get in meat, and you don't have to fucking torture animals to produce them. Anyone who would argue over this is a mongoloid of the most degenerate sort.

Had a Field Roast burger. Delicious.

I want this.
nasoya.com/healthy-tofu-recipes/chocolate-strawberry-tiramisu/

I like to eat Bush's vegetarian baked beans with vegan hot dog slices thrown in.

First of all if you eat meat and wan't to try 'vegan' foods that's something you don't do or say that way. It's nothing special about 'vegan' foods if you eat meat and animals. It does not matter for you.

Anyways, vegetables and fruits are awesome. I don't eat any meat, not even fish. Stopped eating eggs too.

I see no harm in drinking milk from animals since it's natural product and you don't kill it to eat it's meat.

There was a guy on YouTube that cut his own flesh, tiny bit, and cooked it and ate. Under supervision of course. All humans should try to eat it's own meat before trying to eat of animals.

But, not going to persuade you to my opinion. Do what you do, don't get influenced by me.

You do kill to drink milk though. There are so many cruel standard practices in milk production...even "humane" farms.

Don't know what people do to get milk on shelves, but I see it as you have a cow, you milk it, all natural and designed that way, to give milk.

I think it's the complete opposite, milk is as unnatural as it gets unless you actually somehow get organic milk. Ultra-pasteurisiert milk is a disgusting product. Plus you're drinking the breast milk of another species that evolved to perfectly feed calves not humans. If anything we should drink human breast milk but that isn't really realistic.

>All humans should try to eat it's own meat before trying to eat of animals.
That's pretty retarded though. There are inherent issues with cannibalism.

Actually they're bred and manipulated to produce excess milk and have their babies taken away every year so you can drink their milk instead.

So no not very natural at all even under the absolute best circumstances.

Did you know that Hitler also drank water and ate bread? You better apologize too!

Today I had leftover pizza, made with only whole/unrefined ingredients, and rosemary from dad's garden in the whole wheat crust. Dipped in bean pesto. And a large head of romaine on the side. Going to farmer's market with mom today for more.

Having a bowel of oatmeal with chocolate chia berry nicecream in a little bit.

I made some beef stew
I don't often bother with beef but when I do I like to make it a hearty filling dish
Chicken and pork are way better for cooking, more subtle flavors, they mix well with a variety of spice and other ingredients
Maybe it's just me but beef just tastes like beef no matter what you do with it

How come post dissapeared?

Step one
Milk comes out of cow
Step two
I eat it
Seems perfectly natural to me
Look at what other animals go around doing like stealing each other's eggs and shit, that's natural as well
Just because you consider it nasty for some reason doesn't make it unnatural, nature is full of nasty shit

Look up how milk is produced nowadays. It's anything but natural. (Assumign you're not just shitposting here).

Note the difference between 'producing milk nowadays' and 'having a cow and milking it'

Without the internet veganism would have never become a thing
Internet just facilitate crazy people finding each other

He said "produce" so I figures you meant the milk they sell commercially, pretty sure it's even illegal to sell unpasteurized milk. I think raw milk tastes bad and weird but I can see it being fine in this context. Just that it's extremely rare.

It's only vegan if he willingly gave you that semen

>deserted islands have to be milked or I wont get enough ancestors

fucking what? does this make sense to vegans?
>eating meat is like murdering a bunch of people
no seriously, is anyone friends with a "vegan"? you means its not just a phase an edgy 22 year old girl goes through and is only tolerated because shes mildly cute?

It's completely natural, milk it's extracted from the cow in a pumping manner just like is sucked out of it by a baby cow

Cute girls don't need to be vegan to get attention user

>deserted islands have to be milked or I wont get enough ancestors

The joke is that the meat eater is sperging out trying to think of a justification and has a seizure trying to use all the cliche retarded arguments against veganism he has in his tiny brain at once.

The arguments are: "What if you were on a deserted island and the only thing there to eat were pigs?"
"Hur dur but cows have to be milked or their utters will EXPLODE."
"Our ancestors ate meat."

You don't have to tell me twice but during the stone age

Also "wouldn't get enough protein on a vegan diet".

Not true. That's numbers.

Really haven't understood the comic, also understand it a bit more cause of this post, but still don't understand it.

I have eaten a few pounds of dates and some granola the last few days.

Udder puss is in your milk. look it up.

>Adults don't like breast feeding so we must be crazy people.

Ever watch forks over knives?

Protein defficiency is not a thing, it's near impossible.

Those documentaries aren't great to be honest.

Basically it's this:
>Meat eater criticizes vegan for enjoying an alternative that doesn't harm others and obviously isn't the same thing so it's retarded to criticize them for not "just" doing the thing that harms others.
>Vegan turns it back on them criticizing them for enjoying an alternative that doesn't harm others and obviously isn't the same thing so it's retarded to criticize them for not "just" doing the thing that harms others.
>Meat eater has to try desperately to find justifications and has a seizure in doing so.

Have not watched them.
I read a book and stopped eating animals.

I know. Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant another one of the arguments the meat eater in the comic is having a seizure trying to say is "wouldn't get enough protein on a vegan diet".

I have. Was pretty good. Already knew pretty much everything they covered though since I read studies as a hobby but it was well put together and was probably pretty mind blowing for people who weren't as educated in nutrition.

You mean
Vegan turns it back on them criticizing them for enjoying an alternative that does harm others

Statements are the same the difference is meat eater and vegan.

I'd buy those for meat.

udder puss is natural

im tempted to watch all 3 just to prove that i dont give a shit but then you would move the goalpost

Do it faggot.

first of all
>killing animals
>murder
haha

second
You're gonna have to do better than a photo with impact font on it.
>inb4 vegan monthly article sponsored by silk

vegan chili is my go to dish

carrots, bell peppers, zucchini, onions, garlic and as much hot sauce and chili flakes as i can find
instead of meat i put a sweet potato in it, shit is hot as fuck and nourishing as hell

could eat this shit every god damned fucking day fuck me

om nom nom nom

waste of trips you unfunny reddit faggot

I have to admit that does sound good and I'm not even a vegan.

I just had some fresh coleslaw with my smoked pork. It was delicious.

I'll be making a ragu Napoletano later this week and serving it with a vegan pepperonata as a delicious contorno to the braciale and ribs i'll be cooking in the ragu.

google.com/search?q=vegan baby malnourished&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

post recipe user

I said near impossible you retard. Parents feeding their kid shit is always bad no matter if vegan, vegetarian or something else. It's just that the cases where vegans are involved are easy to make a scandalise. I wonder how many thousand kids die to a shit normal diet for every kid that dies of a bad vegan one.

i think the cases of undernourishment are significantly higher under a vegan diet for children. That obvi doesnt not include horrible parents that simply do not take care of their feed i.e. feed them.
vegan is the dumbest thing on the planet if it is for morality's sake. Furthermore, theres is literally nothing wrong with drinking milk harvested from cows the same way there is nothing wrong having honey harvested from bees.
Veganism is a pseudo-morality booster for those who cannot comprehend critical thinking before believing something. Its okay to eat farmed fish and you dont have to eat beef/pork at all bc it is ridiculously high in sat. fats compared to fish and chicken and that could be a legitimate reason.
Pic related: vegans when i eat a Med-rare rib-eye cooked in butter

go back to your self-loathing shithole. Showhorn yourself into some other thread.

guess i hit too close to home

lol enjoy being a weak vegan faggot

>t. assblasted vegan faggot

You realise that scorn is just laughable right? The real question is why are you so offended/insecure by this that you actually opened this thread and replied with a one-liner.

actually i am and those other guys just also know youre a faggot, enjoy never getting pussy and smelling like b.o. tho

dice/slice your potato and nice chunks

olive oil in a nice big pan or pot, medium heat, put lid on it, put potato in it for a couple of minutes, don't let it get too tender

put your carrots in it for a minute or two

put your onion in it for a minute

put your garlic, peppers, chili flakes, hot sauce, herbs and spices (i use mediterranean shit but if you want mexican shit you do that i'm not the boss of you) in it for couple of seconds

put bell peppers and zucchini in it, stir often until veggies are hot and start to tender

add can of diced tomatoes (and tomato puree if u want) and beans, bring to boil, lower heat and let it simmer for as long as you want

season to taste with sea salt and black pepper

serve with more hot sauce, if you're a fatass add rice but doesn't require it

Made some chocolate cookies. Tastes quite good

You vegan fellas are alright but I'd wish use stopped trying to call certain foods and food items what they aren't. I'll eat it all the same, but tofu ain't a meat. I want what I paid for, not some weird imitation.

>"ha, OP ate eggs"
>no I didn't
>"yes you did, fag"
>here look at the ingredients
>"omg fucking triggered!"

I'm totally fine with vegan nuggets or sausage or something like that. Do they sell like vegan rib-eye or something where you're from?

have you ever added something like ground beef too see how it would come out, might try it with and without

Vegans utterly and eternally BTFO!
how will they recover?

I had a bowl of raisin bran with almond milk.

>nasty bits

The nasty bits are great. Gribenes, pate, yakitori kokoro, dak bal... there's this entire universe of flavors in just one animal alone. It's too bad vegans can't appreciate those flavors, because replicating them accurately is going to be the key to making veganism into anything more than a niche political subculture.

well i'm a vegan faggot so no, but i'm sure the taste will be even better, at that point you're in the realm of a regular chili con carne

fersure, i just wondered if it was something you already made and then quit adding meat. will try

I don't understand why people get so worked up about the definitions of their words. Who gives a shit? Vegan burgers, regular burgers, vegan minced meat, regular minced meat, whatever?
Tofu is complete dog shit tier but seitan and tempeh and great replacement for the savoury and texturey role of meat in a dish.