BEANS

Trying to get more fiber in my diet. Post some fucking bean recipes! Especially the best baked beans you know.

Other urls found in this thread:

mygreekdish.com/recipe/gigantes-plaki-greek-baked-giant-beans/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To get enough fiber you don't need to load up on beans. There's tons of other high-fiber foods out there that aren't flavorless with the texture of garbage.

how about leafy greens instead?
whole cereals?

beans are not high in fibers

>beans are not high in fibers
Don't quote me, but I'm fairly certain that beans are extremely high in fiber. They are just a shitty food.

>I'm fairly certain that beans are extremely high in fiber
lol quoted you

what, yes they are

also, I'm eating other sources of fiber, but I like beans too, and want some good ideas.

fuck, this isn't about me, this is about BEANS. post some goddamn beans!

White bean soup with a hambone or hamhock. Saute onion, celery, carrot until soft. Add garlic and cayenne. Add water or stock, soaked great northern or navy beans and hambone. Simmer for 3 hours.

how could anyone be so wrong about something?

make grah

Here's a baked bean recipe I do but I don't have measurements. Saute green bell pepper, jalepeno and onion. Add garlic and thyme when tender. Add tomato paste and saute a bit. Add dry mustard and a few drops worcestershire sauce. Add stock, molasses and a bit of brown sugar. Add soaked white beans. Add some chopped ham or bacon. Put a few strips of bacon over the top. Bake covered in oven @ 350F for 4-6 hours until beans are tender, topping up with more stock if it starts drying out. Unvover for last 30 minutes.

>shitty food
Beans are extremely good and healthy, the fuck are you on about?

poor, tired, huddled masses, pls leave

Poor and tired maybe, muddled definitely not. One of the reasons beans are great is that they're cheap as fuck. What more do you want? Cheap, healthy and delicious if you know how to use spices.

>"delicious if you use spices"
>add spices to something that tastes like nothing
>it tastes good now so it's a good food

The capacity to effectively take on flavour from spices is not ubiquitous, making it a valuable property.

Guess what most things taste boring on their own. That's what cooking is about yo uretard.

The issue is they have no natural flavor to compliment the spices. Also, any value this property gives them is made obsolete by them having the texture of vomit. They contribute nothing to any dish and are pure sustenance.

>they have no natural flavor

You sound like the kind of tastebud deficient guy that thinks plain rice has no flavor. Beans have a shit ton of flavor. Different varieties taste very different from each other. Try a bowl each of plain pintos, great northern, chickpeas, and black beans and try, just try to say they don't have different flavors. If you can't detect the flavors you need to lay off the HFCS and cigarettes for a month.

Refried beans recipe. Simmer soaked pintos with a quartered onion and a few cloves of garlic until tender. Heat some lard in heavy skillet. Add beans and mash coarsely or smoothly. Cook on low adding stock if they start drying out.

i see we have a vomit connoisseur in the thread boys

I like to roast bake the beans in the oven with lime juice and tajin(or make my own custom chili powder) to make delicious snacks. You can do it with garbanzo beans, Hava beans and even peas, peanuts, cashews.

leave this board, holy shit

Chocolate beans and Lay's Lime Chips.

1. Cook refried pinto beans and smash them.
2. Add your favorite kind of chocolate powder while continuously stirring on medium-low heat(Hershey's dark chocolate, Nestlé Abuelita hot chocolate powder, Nesquik chocolate powder, chocolate mole paste, or anything else)
3. If you added a nonsweetened chocolate powder then add your favorite sweetener, I use maple syrup.
4. Add plain white salt or any nonseasoned salt such as pink Himalayan salt.
5. If you want it with a tiny hint of spiciness then add 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
6. Serve yourself in a bowl and eat with Lay's Lime Chips(or any lime flavored chips, it also taste good with salt and vinegar chips)

Important Note: If at any time you are cooking and the beans start getting dry add 1/2 cup of milk or water.

It might sound gross, but all my friends liked them. Everytime they come over, they ask me to make them.

>Especially the best baked beans you know.

This recipe turned out pretty well for me:
mygreekdish.com/recipe/gigantes-plaki-greek-baked-giant-beans/

jamaican black bean is god tier

Make chili, obviously.