What is your favorite hotsauce and why is it some form of pic related?

What is your favorite hotsauce and why is it some form of pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

chillialchemist.co.uk/regular-bottles/jalapeño-green-tea-matcha-hot-sauce-chilli
yelp.com/biz_photos/lolitas-taco-shop-san-diego
google.com/amp/www.bonappetit.com/people/out-of-the-kitchen/article/secret-awesome-hot-sauce/amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Staying fresh
Fuck the rest

It's not but the chipotle tobasco is bretty gud.
Pic realted is my fave.

BUT WHO TOOK THE PICTURE?!?!
Obviously homemade is god tier but sometimes you just gotta throw some hotsauce on your egg and avocado sandwich.

tabasco is life

You have good taste friendo. Its one of my backups in my cabinet.

Much too mild for me to be used as a condiment. I do put it in scrambled eggs before I cook them though.

At the moment it's this one
chillialchemist.co.uk/regular-bottles/jalapeño-green-tea-matcha-hot-sauce-chilli

Not particularly hot as such, but absolutely delicious. Really nice with white fish.
Could p much drink this stuff

These are new to me. I will have to order the full set for science purposes.

favorite is plain old tabasco. Its a flavorful treat.

I win Biznitches

Kinda mild on the heat but makes up for it with flavor.

Because it tastes good, balancing flavor and heat, and it literally costs a buck 50 a bottle.

this desu

OG Tabasco is the best hot sauce overall

I like this with certain Southewstern/Mexican type dishes.

Nope, sorry. Tapatio is the answer here.

Frank's is good on your McChicken, but that's about it

Best sauce coming through

Now, we may not agree what the BEST Hotsauce is

But we can all agree Franks is the worst, right?

pleb

this, but it's only like 88 cents here

Tabasco is the only non store brand item I buy.

It seems impossible for competitors to duplicate it for some reason.

That shit is literally dyed green.

Literally nobody else cares.

am ausfag, supermarkets generally offer a very scant selection of hot sauces. tabasco obviously, cholula becoming more common, occasionally see tapatio, also franks redhot. i have never seen louisiana, valentina, or el yucateco for sale. obviously you could find it online or more specialty shops, but for every day shopping, that's the common lineup.
tapatio and cholula are nice
tabasco is ok
i tried louisiana the other day and it's good but not much different from the above
also went to a mexican restaurant and noticed they had el yucateco. tried it after seeing it raved about on here; it's pretty shit tier

and finally frank's redhot: fucking DISGUSTING. the heat is ok, but the taste is absolutely repulsive. i'm not sure what ingredient it is specifically, but whatever it is, is fucking appalling. easiest way to spot a pleb

I don't like the watery shit, it's disgusting. I eat ABC brand extra hot chilli sauce from the asian isle in Coles.

top tier

So good

i can't stand that stuff. not as bad as that crawfish stuff.

a n g r y
c h i n a m a n

Best chilli

All of these.

this is #1 commercial hotsauce
it actually has a nice chili taste and not a disgustingly overpowering vinegar tang

Never had this one, but the black label (extra hot) version is my absolute favorite hot sauce. Can't eat eggs without it.

Tabasco
Mango Habanero Tabasco
Crystal Extra Hot
Louisiana
Dave's Gourmet Scorpion Pepper
Melinda's Naga Jolokia

That's just normal stuff. I also have a few novelty sauces that I found through Firehouse Subs.

i like this stuff, it is nice and mild and sweet, but still has some heat
my stomach is fucked and if i eat something too hot i get horrible acid reflux
i used to practically drink hot sauce but no longer

Franks is alright on chicken, but terrible for everything else. It is after all buffalo sauce.

My favorite hot sauce in the world is actually made by this little mexican shop around the corner from me. I've tried them all and nothing holds a candle to their hot sauce. There are a few guessipes online on how to make it, but I've never tried myself because I don't have access to the types of chilies they use. I'll post the except, although having never attempted to make it I can't say how close it is to authentic in comparison.

4 med. dried chiles guajillos, stemmed, seeded and deveined
2 cloves unpeeled garlic
1 large, ripe tomato (roasted on a griddle until blackened, then peeled and seeded)
1/2 of one chipotle chile (the canned kind, seeded) (optional)
Salt to taste (about 1/2 tsp.)

Tear chiles into flat pieces and roast them on a griddle -- be careful not to burn them.

Toast garlic on the griddle until soft and browned in spots. After cool, peel and quarter.

Break up the chiles and put in blender dry, cover and blend on high until pulverized. Add the garlic, roasted tomato, optional chipotle chile, and 1/4 c. water, and puree until very smooth.

Strain the sauce through a medium sieve, then add salt to taste. If needed, add a little more water to get the consistency you desire. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving to let flavors blend.

Rather than make my own thread I'll ask here

Are there any guides or intro recipes to making your own hot sauce? I'm finishing growing my own peppers for the first time, I've got habaneros, jalapenos, and serranos but I don't know what to do with them. And I like it hot so the habanero would be the main pepper

yelp.com/biz_photos/lolitas-taco-shop-san-diego

The hot sauce is so good people actually try and get it by the cup/pint. Pic related.

Been putting this on everything lately

The chipotle one is my fav. Which is wierd cuz im not usually a fan of smokey stuff

I made some last year out of tabascos. I chopped them, placed in a large sanitized jar and covered them with a 4% brine (4 grams of salt/100 grams non-chlorinated water). I put a small plate on top to keep them submerged and placed a loose fitting lid on top so gas could escape. After 1 month the fermentation activity was done and I blended it fine and added about an amount of vinegar 1/4 of the volume so I could keep it on the shelf. I think it tastes. This year I'll be making a habanero/garlic when my peppers ripen.

This, it's pretty unappetizing. Plus, it's weird to see "blue" and "yellow" in the list of ingredients on a bottle of hot sauce.

I care

It's not even a natural green color. Plus, there's food dye in the ingredients.

>one drop does it!

Go fuck yourself.

I recently bought two of pic related and they were delicious! Much better than tabasco imo.

Fuckin forgot my pic cause I'm drunk, fuck me

For me it's the original red Tabasco, the best hotsauce.

>I think it tastes.

>pic related

Ow, my OCD!

saw this on amazon once and ordered some and its actually sooooo good. its not that spicy but it does just make everything taste like vinegar like the normal ones do. highly recommend, again not good for your favorite real spicy one but for things like eggs this stuff is unbeatable.

You only care because you weren't hit enough as a child.

Only hot sauce I use.

I've made my own several times.
google.com/amp/www.bonappetit.com/people/out-of-the-kitchen/article/secret-awesome-hot-sauce/amp
While not a guide necessarily this guy explains the process.

>easiest way to spot a pleb
Goes on and on about hot sauces when salsa's are the actual only real good option

Or they're both amazing comdiments for different situations.

Tobasco is a shit hot sauce

Dude makes some of my absolute favourites. The smoke potion one make sure you get the magnum opus version. Has smoked ghost peppers, mustard and honey bourbon added to it and is way better than the original blend.
Shit's amazing on charred meats

REEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I'd suggest what this guy is saying:
Having decided to try the fermenting method myself, I went to the farmers market and got some fresh jalapenos and tomatoes and submerged them like this guy said. I used a 6% brine is the only difference.
Pic related is my first batch that I just finished. I actually drained the brine (some say to use it in the sauce) and I only fermented for 3 weeks (some say do a month). I blended it after 3 weeks and now I'm letting it sit in the fridge for a few days.
It tastes damn good. I didn't strain it so with the seeds and stuff it's pretty damn hot.

Next time I think I'll do another batch strain it just to see how it turns out.

WHAT THE FUCK AUSTRALIA WHY DO WE ONLY HAVE 3 OF THOSE AND NOT THE WHOLE FUCKING RANGE

a local favorite

Been using this a lot recently. It's really good, but I prefer it to be a little bit hotter.

My nigga

What's the difference if I just throw everything in a blender and let it sit in the fridge vs fermentation? I know the flavor will be better with fermentation but what's the shelf life like if I don't?

Chipotle is clearly the superior flavor. Damn good

When storing this stuff in the fridge after it's done fermenting would you say vinegar would only be required if you don't plan to use it within a certain timeframe?
Specifically, I made a small batch and I'll be done with it in 4-5 weeks. I'd like to avoid adding vinegar if I can.

Any recipe suggestions for this? I got it as a gift and I really want to make something good with it but I don't know what.

Guys what's the general consensus on extract sauces?
I have a 6.4mil extract ghost based sauce I use as a dipping and finishing sauce and a 9mil extract carolina reaper + habanero one I use as a cooking additive.

you have my interest

Looks like different ratios of jalapenos, carrots, herbs, and brine sealed to ferment then blended afterwards. Which is one way make a good hot sauce without vinegar.

undeniably the best hot sauces

Yes please!

learned about these in Belize, never turned away.

The only answer

Ahuevo

texas pete with a shitload of cayenne and red pepper flakes added and a pinch of garlic powder

This and only this.

Tabasco is shit. Pretty much any other Louisiana-style hot sauce is better. Every time I'm at the store I grab a bottle of something or other, since most cost only $1 or so. I'm partial to the jalapeno sauces, usually just called "green hot sauce" or something.

Also, Asian chili oil and chili pastes are the fucking tits.

Goes great with poultry.

Try Crystals Louisiana Hot Sauce for beef.

> goes on and on about hot sauces
> in hot sauce thread

ah, i see your point

>tobasco
I see this a lot on here.
Is it a regional spelling?

They really don't have a good selection in my local supermarket. Then again the UK is a shithole for hot sauce.

What happens when they fug? Is their child?

Trendy faggot.

Currently using: mad dog 357 gold edition @1M SHU

Got a really good up front taste and a pretty nice little burn too.

Pic is my breakfast/lunch - some cheese dip with mad dog added

tell me how your deodorant dipped in that tastes

Not as bad as you'd think but I just sort of licked the cheese off the deodorant so it was a minor soapy taste behind the cheese dip flavor

Endorphin rush was the first really hot sauce I tried. It holds a special place in my heart.

I don't use it so I didn't know how to spell it

>Is it a regional spelling?

Nope, it's just retards who can't spell. Since when is it surprising to see incorrect spelling or bad grammar online?

Literally the best fucking hotsauce. Tobasco is literally garbage water

You're looking in the wrong places then, hot sauce has skyrocketed in popularity and accessibility here.
Or maybe that's just in my are. The south west is one of the best places in the world for chillis