Do you salt your pasta water?

Do you salt your pasta water?

Yes. Salt literally costs nothing and putting in a bit doesn't harm anything.

no usually I just boil my noodles in the microwave for a few minutes.

Yes. Unlike oil, the salt actually does something.

Depends on the sauce. Honestly I don't even bother if I'm using marinara or a rich creany cheese sauce. But for something lighter like white wine/garlic/butter I will salt the pasta.

Yeah, I like the slight saltiness it imparts the noodles with.

This. There's enough salt in most sauces.

Yes, for pasta to go with a ragu I use Beryllium salts, and for cheese based salts typically an Cobalt-Thorium salt.

I put a lot in the last time I made some because some guy ruined a thread crying about how wops use so much salt it's like seawater. It wasn't so bad

You add the salt to the water because it affects the texture as it cooks.

you should always salt the water

stop buying pasta sauce and make your own with less salt

No it doesn't. At least not enough for me to notice or care.

The stuff I buy tastes good. I'm also on mandatory overtime and have better things to do with my free time than watch sauce simmer for hours

No
It changes the boiling temp and also gives the noodles and the pasta water, which you are hopefully using to aid in emulsification of most of your sauces, a bit of seasoning.

no, the stuff you buy is industrial garbage
you can make a good sauce in 10 minutes

I either salt the water or add one of these flavour cubes (which are naturally salty already).

Depends on the sauce.

And what does adjusting the boiling temperature allow?
>cooking at higher temperatures
And how does this affect the pasta?

don't put that shit in the water
you're not making tortellini

Tastes good to me. I've made my own before, had others homemade sauces too. I personally don't think it's worth the hassle most of the time. Cream based sauces are better homemade, but I rarely ever use them.

is it considered lazy that i just take tomato puree season that up and call it good

you can buy a decent sauce if you look hard enough
it's still lazy as fuck and the good ones are always expensive

ever so slightly faster cook time

typical american

Yes. We actually work so we treasure our free time.

just cook the tomato puree in a pan with the seasoning while you're cooking the pasta
that's what i do

a good sauce takes 20mins to do on a sunday afternoon and you can freeze portions for as long as you want. you are just lazy and brought up in a culture that does not appreciate good food

Here's a protip:

1. Get a sauce that is very basic
2. fry garlic in olive oil
3. get some nice green olives and throw them in the garlic (only for a few last seconds don't fry)
4. chop some basil

Throw everything in the saucepan and let it simmer for 30 minutes.

Of course if you are doing a meat sauce you need to figure out the meat, onions...etc

i realized that i don't boil pasta because i think that my tap water is kinda not the good quality

Your supposed to salt it because in old italy they would take the salt water from the Medittrranean sea and make pasta with it I put so much salt the water changes color

Sure thing pal

Yes, i always add salt and oil to the water.

>composts his own fertilizer for his tomato garden
>grows his own roma tomatoes
>uses an authentic nippon steel knife folded over 10000 times to cut said tomatoes with
>grinds homegrown romas in mortar from Palestinian cave where jesus was born
>gets on Swahili sweater knitting forum to bitch at others who use dare use commercial products.

MAMA MIA LUIGI!! goah eazeee on dah amerikahns

>I can't labels and then act like a histrionic drama queen when the "surprise" ingredients are, unsurprisingly, not good
yes, we know

name one (1) good ready-made sauce

>how to douchebag

Yes I correctly cook my pasta.

how to lazy american

I add semen

>how to be so dense you don't realize I was referring to your attitude, not your point
>autism

Amerifats btfo

Either you're lying or your tastebuds have been prison raped into oblivion

Salt should always be added to pasta water.
even if it's going with a salty sauce. there's nothing worse than eating a bland pasta and a tasty sauce.
If I go to a restaurant that don't season the pasta water, I won't go back a second time

I use to work at a place that made a great mac and cheese sauce. but they never salted the cavatappi and it definitely showed. I would just use the cheese sauce for fries and it was amazing
here's the cheese sauce for ya'll
butter
maple syrup glazed bacon
heavy cream
cheddar
smoked gouda
and the house seasoning which had a ton of spices but even salt pepper and garlic powder would be good

too ez, and it's probably better than your homemade bullshit.

The oil stops the pasta sticking together and to the pan. I literally found this out 2 weeks ago and it's way better using a splash of oil

>store-brand sauce

Mah frugal nigga

but it's actually fucking amazing for commercial, it is way better than classico, newmans own or any of that other over priced yuppie bullshit.

lmao

You should salt it like the ocean. That's the rule of thumb.