Yesterday was the worst dinner I have ever had. I make a rule of not socializing with coworkers...

Yesterday was the worst dinner I have ever had. I make a rule of not socializing with coworkers, and I should not have broken it. This may take 2 posts, it was THAT bad.

6 coworkers met at someone's house yesterday under the pretense of "Irish stew". I grudgingly accepted the invitation and arrived at 2 pm (when I was told to come). I brought traditional soda bread that had to be baked first. The host made a bit of a stink about using the oven when he had other things in there, but I told him I wanted it fresh.

The stew was still cooking and the host was already drinking alcohol at this time. In the middle of a conversation with a member of the opposite sex, the host tells me, "Please, no talk about politics. PLEASE not today". I said if more people talked about politics we would be in a better country, and he got very argumentative so I just dropped it.

I was drinking apple juice that I brought over and the host kept trying to get me to have a beer. He was obviously intoxicated and starting saying how maybe I would be relaxed and "cooler" if I had some alcohol. It was pathetic, like peer pressure from a high school TV show.

Anyway, at that point I became withdrawn and went for a walk. I came back right before dinner, and that is when the fun started.

He made "Irish stew" with beef, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, hot sauce, oregano, tomato, and various ingredients. I started telling others that proper Irish stew should only contain mutton, potato, onion, and water, and that beef, tomato, black pepper, hot sauce, and other ingredients would not be available then and therefore it was a modern stew, not Irish stew.

We started eating and someone asked me about what I had said about real Irish stew. The host looked annoyed so I told him. He turned red and told me if I didn't like it I could "get the fuck out and take my apple juice with me".

>He then told me to get out and take my "fucking juice and shit bread" with him. A second loaf was still in the oven with 7 minutes left, and I said I wasn't leaving until it was cooked and I could take it.

you'll be known as a legend to your coworkers now. To really shit on him you should host a dinner with real Irish stew.

I was shocked and speechless. He left the room and his girlfriend (they are unmarried but live together) apologized. Eventually, people started talking more comfortably and he came back and was brooding and drinking more.

The stew was okay, but not authentic. I asked him if he knew that mutton was on sale at a local store and he flew into a tirade, bringing up any small error or faux pas I have ever committed at work. People were trying to calm him down, and I simply responded to him in a quiet and calm voice, and said that I appreciated his invitation and his "take" on Irish stew, but it would have been nicer if the company had been more warm.

He got up and pulled me out of the chair, stretching my sweater at the neck. He was literally screaming in my face and had his fist up in a threatening manner.

I told him I would call the cops if he hit me. He then told me to get out and take my "fucking juice and shit bread" with him. A second loaf was still in the oven with 7 minutes left, and I said I wasn't leaving until it was cooked and I could take it.

He shouted at me to leave or he would call the cops ON ME (imagine) and then threw the bread out of the oven on the ground. I was shaking with emotions and told the group that I enjoyed my time with them but I couldn't say the same about the host.

It was a horrible affair, but I decided to make authentic Irish stew today, because I was let down yesterday and had a hankering for it. It is simmering on the stove and I plan on bringing it to lunch tomorrow, one bowl for me and some for the host. It will be a subtle form of revenge as well as a way to show him that I am a better cook and am the more mature, forgiving person.

Any other stories of hosts from hell? People who cannot act respectful towards others in their own home should not have dinner parties.

Should I invite him?

Should have just taken the beer, autist.

Beer makes me quite gassy, not good for a social setting

Good pasta

>I said if more people talked about politics we would be in a better country
Brilliant satire, OP

Irish stew user, Irish stew

I think the night would have gone a lot smoother if you had worn your hat.
I mean, really, the host was out of line. He was probably putting himself under a lot of stress to perform and impress his coworkers, and couldn't deal with you talking down about his food in front of everyone.
You should have realized this, shut up and eaten the free food and drink. You also should have called ahead to ask if you could bake your bread with his stove.
He was a drunk dick, but you were an autist.

People can be faggots. They typically don't give a shit about authenticity. The more sneaky cooks will claim they are giving a traditional dish "a modern twist" (ugh) - but that's just their way of saying they want to add their personal favorite shit. And greedy fatasses go along with it. What % of people would honestly want true Italian pizza over their plastic fat-crusted pineapple-infested microwaved monstrosities?

You dumb

Invite co workers over for Irish stew. Including him. Post results.

I miss Irish Stew Guy. I wonder what he's doing now.

I actually have assburgers, why would g call it an IRISH stew if it's not in the least bit Irish?

Did you just assume its ethnicity, bigot?

I enjoyed that copypasta inspired post

See how easy it is to seem pleasant.

I'm a mild mannered guy, but even now I want to reach through my monitor and pull you out of your seat, stretching your Mr Rogers sweater and spilling your juice

No juice just trendies? Won't mommy take away some of your gbp for being a bad boy?

NIGGER!

See how easy it is to scream racial epithets with a belly fully of pheasant?

I just ate 3 whole pheasants you fucking nigger. Report this post go ahead, I'll be back quicker than you can say pheasant schmaltz.

This is pasta you goddamn retards. I hate you guys.

It's stew. How stupid are you?

>complaining about the Irish stew not being authentic while not being drunk

Oh the irony.

So go back to your hug circle at reddit or start a mcchicken thread. Idiots calling out pasta takes all the fun out of it

Nice pasta, faggot.

pls no f-slur pls k thx :-)

It's an old pasta sir, but it checks out.

Someone post the Tupperware guy screencaps

I wonder how McDonald's parking lot guy is holding up.

Personally I find the superbowl foods pasta to be the best one of the bunch

Old pasta is old.

Stfu newfaggot we know

If you duct tape a flat surface over your nipples every night before bed (think like a circular piece of plastic a bit smaller than the back of your hand), it will gradually flatten them out over time. It's a bit uncomfortable to sleep with at first, but over time you will get used to it, it helps that I sleep on my back anyway. I used some small coasters at first, but they were a little big so I cut some circles out of tupperware lids and they were much more comfortable to use. After doing it for about a month and a half every night, they stopped showing through my shirts as much, but I still do it every night because last time I stopped for about a week they started to show again. I hope it helps bro :)

But how else are we going to get people to stop posting this shit if we don't point out how stale it is each time we see it?