Swedish/Dutch food

I need your help Euro bros. I'm an American visiting Stockholm and Amsterdam next month, 5 days in each. What are some of the signature foods or restaurants there I need to try? I don't want to go to Europe and order a fuckin cheeseburger

Other urls found in this thread:

yelp.com/biz/tradition-stockholm-4
pelikan.se/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kebab pizza

Try the McChicken.

Pot brownies

"No!"
try the Chicken Legend

Never had a prostitute before. How are the Amsterdam whores? I wouldn't mind getting blazed at a coffee shop and bangin' a sloot

bump

>Stockholm

For what possible reason? Only place worth visiting there is the Old Town. Everything else is boring and/or infested with gypsies.

Sadly these are two of the worst European countries when it comes to food.

swefags ruin köttbullar with faggot fruit sauce. They're best with spicy potato wedges and nothing else.

If you want traditional swedish food you, you wont get it in restaurants.
And Stockholm is the shithole of sweden, just cancel the trip and take 10 in amsterdam

For Amsterdam.
Try some freshly made kibbling.
A lot of people fan over the dutch fastfoods like kroketten and frikandellen and the like, you can try those.
Get some of the cheese, go peek around at a cheese store or at a cheese stand at the market.
Try visiting the market if they still got those there.
Traditional dishes are composed of a lot of farmer/poormans dishes, but they can be quite good even if their simple, like pea soup/snert with ryebread, boerenkool, you'l be at a city with a harbour so try to find a fish restaurant in the harbour and get a fresh fish dish.
If you like bitter then try some "witlof" if a place serves it, if asperges are in season (I don't keep track of that but if they are then so many places will advert them)
then definately try those.
Other then that, try some licorice, partly to see if you can take it and partly to see just how much kinds there are. (Its always fun to give double salted licorice to foreigners, it even staggers locals here)
Other then that, go walk and see what you can find, these are all suggestions and Amsterdam is jam packed with restaurants.
Also the pancakes are diffirent then over there.

Tradition is a restaurant in old town of Stockholm that serves swedish food

yelp.com/biz/tradition-stockholm-4

If you want to get stoned in Amsterdam and you don't smoke.
Find a coffeeshop that serves "spacecake" or other kinds of weed edibles, try the restaurant greenhouse munchies if you want to get high and stuff.
Also, dutch people are direct and are usually seen as rude.
They however prefer to be honest and to the point without any bullshit or fumbling around.

Since it is summer most restaurants will serve seafood dishes in both Stockholm and Amsterdam.

Dutchfag here so can only help you with Amsterdam. First of all, don't expect to get great food in the Red Light District. It is just a huge tourist trap, and so are the restaurants there. However, you will find some signature drunk mens deep fried shit you buy at a "snackbar". Try kroket and frikandel speciaal. Eat your fries "patat oorlog". Especially great when high.

Try the street food fish like smoked eel and the salted herring. Never eat your herring with pickles. With the herring goes a Dutch gin Korenwijn.

Drink Dutch and Belgian beers at the bar. La Trappe and Jopen are easy to get Dutch beers. Try La Trappe Quadruple. I prefer a Belgian beer though, like Rochefort 8. Probably also available in the US, but hey way cheaper here and it opens a whole new world of beers.

Lunch menus are rather "meh" everywhere in Amsterdam. Just eat a pancake with syrup and bacon or whatever, it will keep you alive. For lunches that are not just sandwiches look for a bistro.

As for dinner you can get anything you want, if you have the money. Seafood is the best, make sure it is local from the North Sea. Usually goes with some glasswort and lamsoor. There is a restaurant which serves food Dutch people would eat at home Haesje Claes somewhere behind the Royal Palace on Dam Square. It is mainly for tourists, but the food is good though. They have some signature dishes. It is also not expensive. Locals don't go to a restaurant to eat what they already eat when cooking at home.

5 days is long. You could go to Leiden from Amsterdam to see a cheesefarm for real Boerenkaas Gouda, which is nothing compared to factory Gouda. It is an easy daytrip.

Have fun in Europe.

>>Inb4 you stupid faggot Veeky Forums is not for serious replies.
I don't care

This is actually not a troll, OP.

Eske teske

I was in Bagenkop, Denmark and had some dank æbleskiver earlier today. Good stuff

This is.

Not even the guy going there but I enjoyed the post. I like seeing what locals have to say about their scene.

>I don't want to go to Europe and order a fuckin cheeseburger
Why not? I'd do the same if I visited America.

>æbleskiver
Fuckers stole our poffertjes.

stop stealing our racuchy you fucks

Whores are good and so.is weed. Food is.shit.just eat their pankakes and the fish sandwiches

recipe now you foreign faggot elsewise get off our punctuationless american wicker board

4 servings:
1/2 l milk
2 eggs
1/2 kg wheat flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 large apples
some kind of oil for frying
powdered sugar for applying after frying

1. strip the apples and chop them into slices
2. mix the other ingredients in a big bowl, then add the apples and mix it all up. the dough should have the consistency of thick cream.
3. fry until they're golden using a small amount of oil

you're welcome amerikanski faggot

There aren't too many places in Stockholm that focus on traditional Swedish food, but restaurant Pelikan has been in business since the 1700s and serves really good traditional food. The västerbottensostpaj is to die for and they also do a mean meatball, if that's your thing.
pelikan.se/

Get some Stampot and Snert. Stampot is like nice Dutch home cooking. Mashed potatoes, sometimes carrots and other veggies mashed in. Then sausage or pot roast.

Snert is Dutch pea soup, but it's often made super thick. It is also full of sausage and bacon. Very good stuff.

Get lots of rookwurst. It's a popular sausage in the Nederlands and it's hard to come by in the US depending on where you live (none here in new england)

Good luck on your travels, stay safe and enjoy. If you are lucky and get to go up to Friesland, get yourself some suikerbrood. It is bread full of sugar. Very Very Very good.

Swedish.... Food...?

Just eat a lot of things out of tubes, and jars of preserved fish products.

Enjoy.

You definitely need to try fresh Stroopwafel at the Dappermarkt in Amsterdam. If you want good herring look for stands with "Hollandse nieuwe" herring.

"Restaurant Pelikan" And "Tradition" serves Classic swedish food. Ask people if they know any places that serves HUSMANSKOST (homemade robust food)

Swede here, you should, in Stockholm, try one balkan resturant, go to IKEA and eat lunch, kebab and pizza. If you are capable of cooking your own food you should buy some färskpotatis and senapssill. Also, try Max hamburgare, a Swedish burger place, it is like our domestical McD.

not sure about dutch but in sweden try at least toast skagen and gravad lax. seafood in general is great.

-t. American who spent 6 days in stockholm

The natural history museum's cafeteria does a really decent swedish meatball. A much nicer version of ikea's basically. My swedish friend had a bite and declared it to be really good.

Definitely get some seafood options, yelp or use some other "top places to eat in stockholm" list for a spot convenient to you. Do the same for a couple of kebab spots to give them a shot. Also, do kebab pizza as has been mentioned.

After that, pick whatever. Stockholm is an international city, so there are plenty of good non-traditional swedish places to go. Ramen joints - even a chain like wagamama is decent. Sushi. Indian. Afghani. French. Hard to go wrong using the infinite listicles and review sites out there.

the restaurants are great in stockholm albeit expensive, if you want some "traditional" you should either visit ulla winbladh, gyldene freden or prisen (though the two last ones are have quite a lot of french influences so they're not that traditional tbqh).

you should definitely check if you could manage to snatch a drop in table at lilla ego, best place in stockholm imo. some other good places include shibumi, punk royale, nook, oaxen slip, pubologi, woodstockholm, volt & sushi sho. just have a look at the tripadvisors top ranked restaurants, it's pretty good with some exceptions like AG and rutabaga which are overrated. if you like coffee you should get a cup at drop coffee if you're ever nearby.

also, if you want good beer, visit omnipollos hatt (they also serve pizza) or mikkeller stockholm

the one swedish man I've met told me they have something called nigger balls.

You should try them

Literally two of the worst countries in Europe for a foodie to visit.

Lived in the Netherlands for 3 years for Uni.

Unironically the worst food I've ever eaten. I'm in a town of 200 000 and there is not a single good take out place. That is not hyperbole. I've ordered pizza from 20 places in the past few years and it has never been good.

Amsterdam is expensive as fuck and there are next to no good restaurants. Don't expect to be able to get a burger or something on the street for a decent price.

I suggest going to a sushi chain like Sumo sushi and getting the all you can eat menu. You'll pay the same (~20-25 euro) you would for a shitty """"""""argentinian"""""" steakhouse but you get unlimited food meaning you can try everything they have. The rolls aren't that bad and the non-fish stuff like gyoza and loompias are pretty good.

Typical dutch things to try when it comes to snackfood:
- a kroket
- fries special, patat speciaal: has majo, curry sauce and raw onion on it
- kibbling; deep fried fish
- haring; raw herring fish with onion on top

If you want to eat out there are some typical dutch restaurant in Amsterdam, ut food is a mix of what I presume you can get everywhere with perhaps some dutch food. If they have things like stampot on the menu that is a good try. Stampot is basically potatoes cooked, added milk and some cooked veg then stamped together like mashed potatoes.

't Zwaantje is pretty okay. But in Amsterdam a lot is shit.

There's a great Chinese spot near the Dam Oriental City but extremely busy all the time.

Also stroopwafels are a thing, they are crispy waffles with thick syrup in between like a cookie. You can get those at any supermarket.

Restaurant Prégo in Amsterdam was pretty good also.

OP don't try any of those snack foods. They all suck ass, every single one of them.

Sorry Ali. OP you should only try kebab, it is the best dutch food there is.

Sorry I don't like deep fried gray sludge or french fries with a mountain of fucking mayo and curry.

Kebab fucking sucks in NL as well. You literally cannot make a single dish well.

Forget kroket, OP. Try bitterballen instead.

>kroket
there is literally nothing wrong with krokets

>Kebab fucking sucks in NL as well

That is something we both can agree on.

Another recommendation to OP is to try Indonesian food. Cause of colonial days Indonesian food is here also quite popular. Rijsttafel is basically a lot of small different dishes that you can order if you are with multiple people.

Don't go to one of those fuck ass cheap spots with bamboo in front of the window.

I know a lot of you expats and you are all retarded arrogant pieces of shits who think you should be able to eat like a king for only 3 euros. If you don't have any money than go back to your own shithole country.

Kroket and Haring are quintessentially Dutch snack foods, there's some specialized spots for the former.

We have a few potato dishes (hutspot) and stews (draadjesvlees) which aren't completely disgusting either. Just search for Dutch cuisine on some tripadvisor.

Go in with low expectations.

falafel

The only food that matters in the Netherlands

>Amsterdam is expensive as fuck and there are next to no good restaurants.

All major European tourist traps are expensive. There's 22 Michelin star restaurants and 18 Bib Gourmand ones in Amsterdam, this isn't bad.

Seafood is definitely a must. Get some herring for lunch from a fish stand. It's traditionally served on white bread with onions, with milk to drink.

Get a smoked eel if you can.

Why is our food so depressing.

Swedish food is depressingly mundane. Do you like herring, surströmming, blood pudding, potatoes and meatloaf?

groningen?

It's just pancakes you fucking eurofaggots.

apparently you know dick about swedish cuisine.

chocolate balls with coconutflakes on top. i personally don't like them cause i dislike coconut but they are pretty popular. pretty sure they are called chocolate balls these days, what with the politically correct bs

I don't know where they serve good kebab-pizzas in Stockholm. But you should try one at least.
Here's my favorite

>I need your help Euro bros. I'm an American visiting Stockholm and Amsterdam next month, 5 days in each. What are some of the signature foods or restaurants there I need to try? I don't want to go to Europe and order a fuckin cheeseburger

Heres some typical food from my country, OP! Enjoy your stay.

Maybe you should specify the country. If this is dutch that youre talking about then it isnt drank with milk nor served with bread.

>This

Fucking love this shit cheap af and easy to make. Not a typical dutch food but ive never seen it in a different country. Be sure to take home a couple boxes from albert heijn. Youll love me for it

Edibles are a way different experience. Do not do edibles whilst youve got your wallet/jewelry on you. Also dont accept free snacks like cookies. Theyre edibles and you will get robbed when youre zoned the fuck out.

>I'm an American visiting Stockholm
Bull's semen served on your wife's beef roast

>Suikerbrood

Can also get this at the supermarket but wont be the authentic flavor ofcourse

Also
>wurst
Dont compare us to the filthy germans, its worst.

This

Of you can, get it freshly made from a market stall and make sure theyre nice and warm. Such a beautiful smokey sweet flavor when you get them fresh

this

these are so damn good.

but german wurst is the best wurst ever.

>Trocadero

Min neger

Sweden has best za

Korvstroganoff

Yeah! Everybody know that Trocadero is the only beverage for Pizza
I'm getting hungry!