Healthiest oils?

i hear coconut oil is the healthiest to cook food in but my friend tells me its olive oil. which is correct? any other healthy oils out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EDGdMDZA67U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Olive oil is too sticky for cooking.

Lard and other animal fats is the healthiest for super high heat roasting and frying. Non-processed vegetable oils for cold and low temperature. Vegetable oil, butter and olive oil is good for the middle. There is no de facto healthiest oil, but depending on usecase some are definitely unhealthy and carcinogenic/detrimental. If you are a vegan, refined coconut has the highest smokepoint afaik.

Is rapeoil rally that bad för you?

coconut oil is almost pure saturated fat. People just assume its healthy because coconuts.
Olive oil is good but personally i think it taste like shit. Avocado oil is great but expensive. I've been using a cheaper mix of sunflower oil and avocado oil. Both are good for high temp cooking.

It doesn't fucking matter

Who cares. Choose the oil best suited to your cooking tempt and desired flavor profile.

>Who cares

people who care about their health? OP wasn't asking for your food politics. If you have nothing to say on the topic, fuck off.

Why is sesame oil so fucking delicious

whys is your mums cunt so rank?

youtube.com/watch?v=EDGdMDZA67U

gottim

>people who care about their health?
Stressing over the health pros and cons of your cooking oil will have a more significant negative effect on your health than any one cooking oil vs another.

...well played

No

really enjoy various nut oils. Garlic fried in hazelnut oil is so spectacular that, upon smelling it frying, my housemates literally started dancing and singing. Great fun.

its 2017
saturated fat is good for you

Walnut oil is also quite nice. Almond oil is bland.

As it seems I am the only one keeping this alive, I am hijacking this thread.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COOKING OIL?

Mine, and I'm sure by now it's obvious, is hazelnut oil. Y'all?

none of them.

So all your food is dry and flavorless?

Raw olive oil unless you're frying, in that case search among those with the highest smoke temps.
????
Maybe processed olive oil or some mixture, i've used many extra virgin olive oils and i've never had that kind of problem

Yeah the "sticky" comment left me befuddled as well. Do you have an olive oil preference? I mean it is kinda basic bitch as far as oils go, but let's rev this shit up.

Maybe he overcooks and burns it so it sticks to the pan? Idk i am trying to decipher the comment

Preference as in brand? In that case i don't know what to say. I'm a pizzafag, so my family gets most of it from local olive oil mills.
I love it especially when it's freshly extracted and still has that peppery/hot taste

Both are quite healthy in different ways, and for different reasons.

Also consider adding flax oil when you need fat as a base ingredient (I never use it to oil a pan). Olive, coconut, and flax oils are my trifecta.

coconut oil is not all that healthy for you
idk where this idea started but the majority of nutritionists and doctors say it's not so good for you

if you had to pick a best all-around oil it'd probably be avocado or olive oil but like pointed out, it really depends on the situation.

what are you talking about
flax oil is awesome for seasoning cast iron

>coconut oil is not all that healthy for you
Most natural oils are probably fine. The only thing you should totally avoid is hydrogenated oils/shortening.

It's hard to say one type of oil is unhealthy when most people are overweight and eating too much of everything. If you eat too much, then certain oils might be less unhealthy than others, but that doesn't make them healthier.

It's the same thing with sugar. Having a few teaspoons of sugar every day is probably fine, but it's not fine to have 30 teaspoons per day and not exercising like the average American. Even too much water at once can kill you.

>what are you talking about
I wasn't telling you not to use flax oil on a pan. Just saying that I don't.

Get a grip.

Yesssss mah nigga

Nut oil user back again: pistaschio oil is also quite good, earthy and rich as hell. Really makes mushrooms pop.

...this isn't a cooking board. This is a shitposting board. I've had done.