Why aren't there any major hot dog chains?

Why aren't there any major hot dog chains?

Quality hot dogs are super expensive

Hot dogs are viewed as low-quality, shit-tier food you get at a ballpark or when you don't want to cook.
It's an impossible image to shake.

wendys here in Australia is a hotdog place but i think theyre shifting to a milk bar, or there could be two businesses with the same name.

like 80c each tops, cheaper id you make your own.

call it wurst then

burger king has hot dogs

so's quality beef

that's never stopped anyone before

It's called any gas station in America.

you can get a pizza slice or sub at the same sort of places. plus the thing with chains is they're, ideally, hygenic, no one trusts gas station food.

used to get hotdogs from A+ gas station all the time for a buck and were alwasys proper with fresh buns

I guess it depends on how many scumbags live in the area that devalue places liek this

I'd trust a hotdog over a slice or sandwich at an american gas station.

There's Wienersnitchzel and Sonic, both the latter is more of a drive-in that heavily advertises hot-dogs.

>how many scumbags live in the area
or whether the place is staffed with jamal, jose, pajeet and muhammad

Its just kind of a dumb concept. Its the same as sandwich shops. Why setup a big chain restaurant for something so simple to make at home?

Theres these as said and they're both alright. I prefer wienerschnitzel though. Something about their hot dogs is just always good to me.

Does Nathan's count?

Uuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

>tfw my country has a fast food hot dog chain where you can get two dogs with three toppings each, soda, fries, three little cheese empanadas and a sundae for like $4

I want to see the face

>My country
>For like $4

Assuming I trust your currency adjustment, Paco.

tfw I can drive 5 minutes to Costco and buy a large hot dog and soda with free refills for 1.50 USD

US$4.56 to be more precise

Yeah but you probably pay $8 a gallon for gasoline or too poor to even own a car. There's always a catch in the economy somewhere.

Hardly major, but one of the few boons of living in/near the San Fernando Valley.

Sonic?

Dairy Queen!

>He didn't get tendies with country gravy and toast

Son, I am disappoint.

There are a few pic related around Alabama, mostly in gas stations (as its own little restaurant area, not just a roller rack or some shit).

Pretty meh, also feel like they were more of a thing maybe 20 years ago or so.

Two businesses with the same name. We had properly Wendy's years ago but they pulled out in the 80s/90s. They're still in New Zealand.

>like 80c each tops, cheaper id you make your own
I work at what arguably constitutes a "high end" hot dog place and I can tell you that you wrong. The place I work at is an old as fuck Coney Island that basically uses the best everything on their dogs. I'm talking locally sourced all beef quality hot dogs, locally sourced buns that we steam (or toast, if the customer asks), high quality onions imported from out-of-country, stone-ground high quality mustard, and chili that's made with insanely high quality beef and chilis.

They cost us around $1.50 to make, not including labor (which means making the chili, dicing onions, steaming buns, grilling the dogs, and putting all that shit together), and are probably the best hot dogs I've had for all that.

You have to take my word for it, but these hot dogs are not possible to replicate at home. They cost a shitload for a hot dog, but they are so fucking phenomenal it doesn't matter.

The Midwest takes it's Coney Dogs very, very seriously.

ther'es a major hotdog chain in your mother's ass, faggot

cuck cold

If I could teleport once somewhere and back and once only, right now I think it would be to Reykjavik to buy a fucking hotdog

So sorry about the brain damage.
Get well soon.

Does Portillo's count? At least in the Midwest they are all around. Probably my favorite tasting hotdog in the chicagoland area as Jean & Judes is actually super overrated and shit tier.

why can't you get a foot long dog at subway? they come up with bizarre novelty toppings but the never think just fall back on the classic sandwich?

>hot dog
>sandwich

Fucking millenials...

This, and Sonics.

im talking about the sausage. even then $1.50 is nothing

5 guys has hotdogs

I like them cause they remind me of my grandpa

Until you realize that we have to mark it up to $3.50 on the customers end to turn any kind of profit.

It's pretty fucking hard to convince someone that a hot dog can be worth that much. Now granted, our hot dogs are about the best you can get, but $3.50 is a hard sell.

which is still pretty cheap. depends on your region. everyone here will pay $3.00 for a shitty bunnings hotdog, i bet theres a potential market that hasnt been tapped into

hey I mean with chili and onions that seems pretty reasonable if they're indeed as good as you say. fucking five guys charges over $6 for a shitty hamburger so

If you live around Houston and don't mind something so ridiculously bad for you.

Where did he touch you?

Fuck, I miss Cali...

If you want a decent dog for cheap get them at Loves. 2 quarter pound dogs for $3.33, pile on whatever you like. There are about 6 types of sausages to choose from and the turnover on them is very fast there, you won't be getting something that's been sitting out half a day.

Hot dogs are easy to prepare at home so no point in going out to get them, easier than pizzas, burgers, etc.

But user, there are.

This.

My city has 2 of them...

i tried this fuckin thing when it came to town, complete scam, literally paid hundred bucks for a sausage with some mustard

Bunnings

hot dogs are the garbage parts of the animal

It's not really garbage if they can make it taste good and provide nutrition. Minimizing waste is a good thing.

I just had to complete about 9 captchas to post this. Is it because I do them too fast now and it thinks I'm a bot? It's getting really annoying.

this, is this only houston tho? use to go there all the time in my childhood, my buddy says they made a mean burger too

Racism is not tolerated on Veeky Forums

Reported

Pretty sure it's only Houston area.
It's food for midday drunks and fat people over 50 mostly.

Best hotdog chain coming through.

>there are no hot dog chai-

Butthurt niggerfaggot.

Announcing reports is against the rules, too :^)

Dog Haus is pretty awesome

the best part about Chicago is you can find a dozen amazing little hot dog joints hidden around town

What the hell I didn't know JCI was Houston only, I thought it was a national chain. I've heard on the radio that their burger is underrated the best thing there.

well if that's the best thing then that's depressing(4u)

nigger

this is the GOAT dog

Because theres no such thing as a good hot dog. Once you start approaching anything that is quality you're inventing a sausage

give me the low down on nathans hot dogs. good? over rated?

Overrated. It's still a fucking hot dog. Buy real sausage

what would Veeky Forums choose?

A hot dog is a hot dog. There is very little difference between the lowest low tier hot dog and the highest high tier hot dog.

I have to disagree. A chicken pork whatever else Bar S hotdog tastes like garbage compared to a Nathans all beef. The meat matters. I want to try Hebrew national brands but they are pricey. I stock up on ballpark and nathans when on sale.

what is a reasonable price to pay for premium dog? say a dozen of them at the store.

bar S are good for weekend camping excursions when you want a lot of dogs

Haven't seen a hotdog sell in a package of 12, thats going into sausage territory. But to me a reasonable price for 8-10 dogs would be $6 or below.

Nothing wrong with them at all, just they suck compared to a better dog like a ballpark. Bar S are great on a grill I think. I like mine semi burnt. The casing gets almost black. Their polish sausages and hot links are great.Extra SpicynHot Hot link cooked until it bursts on a corn tortilla with some spicy mustard. Fantastic.

its better than being shot which is bound to happen if you ,live in chicago

get the boars head ones

Pretty much anything Boars Head is top tier. Had a publix deli sub with boars head turkey and it ruined me. No other deli turkey comes close.

only if you hang around the shitty neighborhoods user.

We have snag stand in Australia. Too bad the Melbourne store shut down

Cincinnati Red, German Shepard, order of Onion rings.

Yeah, portillos is spreading up toward Wisconsin. Give it 10 years and it'll be a regional chain.

GOAT hot dog

Sonic has some pretty good corndogs

>"""chicago""" hotdog
>green fucking peppers
>peperoncini
these people need to be executed

do I detect some jealousy?

I know about Sonic and Weinerschnitzel, though we don't have a Weinerschnitzel anywhere near us.

The place I often do to for hot dogs is a local place called Dat Dog. I think they're great, check out the menu. I partially like them because they have so many sausage options. The Alligator and crawfish sausage here is pretty damn good for example.

Junkyard dogs! Just so I could say the name

tfw = that feel when
mfw = my face when

lurk more faggot

I'd pay for like a fancier version of that that made high quality hot dogs on brioche buns or something but fast.

Gas station food is my hangover cure. Wouldn't eat it for dinner, though.

>90+ posts
>no mention of Nathan's

This is reminding me why I haven't eaten out in 7 years.

>have to take time to read everything when people expect me to order
>have to try and comprehend how the fuck I'm supposed to organize my order according to this clusterfuck of a menu
>probably stammer and talk too quietly, looking like a bitch in front of everyone around me
>people behind the counter giving each other looks like "man this fucker is weird"

I don't know how you guys do it.

because we saved that idea for you.
build it and I will cum >:P

By not being social travesties. Additionally, just step to the side while you look over the menu or step into the 21st century and look up the menu online before you get there.

>By not being social travesties.

How.

>just step to the side while you look over the menu

like a sperg

>step into the 21st century and look up the menu online before you get there.

Not all places have menus.

No, pizza (if you like Chicago pizza) and hot dogs are the only things good about Chicago.

Well, unless you like going to the second-oldest baseball stadium in the US, which is pretty cool.

But there is absolutely nothing else good about Chicago.