Brexit and food: Will the UK have to go back to eating jellied eels and tripe now?

Well in addition to those two maybe a chip butty or toast sandwich?

How is british food and cooking going to be impacted by Brexit? Is british cuisine now dead?

independent.co.uk/News/business/news/brexit-latest-british-takeaway-future-threatened-recruit-eu-workers-skills-shortage-uk-a7833091.html

NOT POLITICS RELATED PLEASE.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=68m8nFupThI
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/03/22/471309991/when-chefs-become-famous-cooking-other-cultures-food
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>politics-related thread
>NO POLITIX!!!1

Lul. Embarrassing effort.

THOSE DAMN DOIGHTY FOREIGNERS HAVE RUINED BRITISH CUISINE, JELLIED EEL IS A TRADITION MUCH BELOVED BY THE BRITISH POPULACE BUT INSTEAD THE EURO UNION IS FORCING THIS 'FRENCH', 'GERMAN' ''''CUISINE'''' ON US RIGHT PROPER GENTLEMEN AND I WILL NOT ALLOW IT! FOR JELLIED EEL AND COUNTRY!!! THE MUSHY PEA WILL NEVER BE ERADICATED FROM THIS EARTH!!

Because it's not politics man.

I am genuinely curious how the UK will recover if skilled workers are not allowed in. Moreover, won't the cuisine suffer?

Have you ever been to an ethnic restaurant (not mexican) and noticed how the food sucked because the person making it was not from the ethnic background of the restaurant?

Currently, UK cuisine is [ethnically] diverse but should that diversity be removed as a result of brexit, is there any hope for improvement other than say jellied eels?

>posts blatant /pol/ tier thread
>'pls no bully, /pol/'

What I don't get is why you give a shit what Brits eat. You're clearly not British, so this is a bait thread that you knew would descend into the same shitposting we've seen a thousand times already.

Just... kill yourself. Slow, fast, painfully or not, I don't care. Just do it, and do it soon.

>muh food

lol, literally the only argument you diversifag libtards have left after all the others have been completely destroyed, and it's an ambivalent benefit at best

>be 3rd fattest country in the world behind mexico and the usa
>about to surpass usa any day now and become 2nd fattest
>article complains that their fast food industry is suffering
this is a good thing for you people

indeed, it is proven through christian science that a diet of mushy pea, meat pie and jellied eel is extremely healthy for you, unlike a european 'salad'.

>businesses are unable to recruit enough workers
That's not an actual thing.

I don't think there's anything inherently unhealthy about the things you mentioned
maybe the pie crust is all

I see lots of protein and vegetables

>people can't look up recipes out of a cookbook or off the internet if they want some kung pao chicken or tikka masala
>thats why we need to import millions of swarthy orientals and subcontinentals

you fucking faggot

>What I don't get is why you give a shit what Brits eat
You don't care about different cultures and their food?
>this is a bait thread
Nope. Nice try though. I am just genuinely curious how this will affect the style and quality of food made in the UK. About 150 years ago you would be bitching about texmex or even sooner italian-american food. Perhaps you should go back to your containment board since this is a board about food and cooking and you seem to want to make a political post in a thread dealing with food.

>if skilled workers are not allowed in

They can just train unemployed white people to cook "ethnic" food, if they don't want to train white people who need a job than they're the racists

>LIEberals are the REAL racists!

stop saying this it doesnt work

No offense but if I walked in to an indian/oriental restaurant and I saw a brit working the kitchen I'd turn 360 degrees and walk away. Them's the beats.

>B-but s-shitskins can't be racist only fucking white males can be

>calls /pol/ a containment board
Ah yes, so it is a libcuck shill thread after all.
>Please no politics that disagree with mine!! Uneducated mudpeople are a strength!

>being this bigoted

I don't care who makes my food, if it's good I'll turn 180 degrees and walk in and buy the whole shop out

>you can only make certain foods depending on your skin color

I just like to know some angry foreigner is screaming at underpaid workers in the kitchen to get the job done. Some fat bloke will have none of the standards of an angry indian or chink

>They can just train unemployed white people to cook "ethnic" food
see most would walk right the fuck out or never return. if you're eating at an ethnic restaurant and the food is made by someone of a completely different ethnicity, then deep down you know that it will not be an authentic experience.

no one said that >Ah yes, so it is a libcuck shill thread after all.
The littlest things set your lot off. Try not to be the snowflake that you accuse others of being. see pic related

>you can only make certain foods depending on your skin color
no one said anything about skin colour. we're talking about authentic experiences. try to keep up okay sweetie

Will we see more horribly made "fusion food" now, or just write the UK off as a vacation spot since the food and exchange rate won't be worth it?

your picture only further proves your intentions

>trump supporters r dhe reel special snowflakes
>hehe le epic comic i found on reddit take THAT drumpftards

Your response only shows how your lot has to make everything political.

It's merely food/cuisine for fucks sake. Not everything in life is hyper-politicized! Most just want a decent meal, not the entire political explanation of why they should/not eat a certain food. Reactionary responses do not better anyone. Will you be tweeting #jelliedeels, or do you actually care about your land's food/cuisine?

>Takeout
>Skilled workers
Do you ever listen to yourself?

I would prefer if all my food was made by professional French chefs regardless of the origin of the food.

Cooking is not an inherited trait, it is learned.

>I'm making things political
>you're the one putting me in a group

>Cooking is not an inherited trait, it is learned.
Yeah. Some people try to say it's racist to cook another culture's food though, or that only people from that culture can make that food well.

The guy talking about authentic experiences is wrong about that though, you'll hardly ever get a totally authentic experience anywhere because when people move to different countries they change the food they cook depending on what's available and what the locals like, or even by their own tastes changing and preferring something that's newly available to them. Caring about authenticity over just what's good is silly.

>let's talk about Brexit
>but don't be political

You're a dumbass

>Some people try to say it's racist to cook another culture's food though, or that only people from that culture can make that food well.

Both are ridiculous statements and that faggot is lost in a no true Scotsman fallacy. Is he going to hunt down the offspring of the first people to cook whatever dish it is he wants to gain his "authentic" experience?

If not then what does it matter who cooks it, they all learned it from someone else as authentically as the last.

L O L

Holy shit it's true the left can't meme

Tbh even if whites knew how to cook this food in the same way, I doubt they'd be doing it for the same mediocre wages and hence carryout prices would likely spike if the ethnics can't do it for the dirt pay no longer.

>if we dont let illiterate third worlders in who will man the fry-pits??????????

How am I making a 'political post' you fucking retard?

I was pointing out that this thread is designed to bait /pol/tards, ie that you're a fucking hypocrite.

The fact that you've immediately told me to go back to /pol/- despite the fact that I have made no political posts- just proves that you've posted this thread to start a fight with /pol/tards.

Fuck off and die, cunt.

t. kelly osbourne

kek

also, I recently came back from a trip to the UK and I really miss korma/tikka masala but no one does it right, here. what do?

You're in USA? Indian food isn't as popular here so it's probably more inconsistent. Have to look around for a good place that does it properly. If you can't find one you might be able to find an okay frozen version as a substitute but probably have to learn to make it yourself.

The actual impact is that it will almost certainly get more expensive as skilled labor goes down, and demand will drop. I'm sure some takeaways will close as a result until market reestablishes equilibrium, but I can't imagine that there's going to be a massive shutdown of takeaway places. Just a price increase for the most part. You'll also see fewer EU citizens/Poles working obviously, and probably more Indians and Pakistanis, if that's possible.

t. lived in London and moving back

>biggest issue right now with brexit is british takeaway
Holy shit leftists BTFO and grasping for straws

Lol brexit won't effect food. That's just shit journalism

Teehee

Jokes on you, I was only pretending to be retarded

Do you even know authentic ethnic cuisine?

Thanks but yeah that's not contributing to the conversation.

What are you? A remoaner? Look man the quality of your takeout will be effected.

>Fuck off and die, cunt.
no

>The actual impact is that it will almost certainly get more expensive as skilled labor goes down
How will those on benefits manage? Moreover, the cuisine in the UK has benefited from diverse dishes (eg fusion) for many years, but to remove it and say nothing will happen is naïve.

>Lol brexit won't effect food. That's just shit journalism
Right what do you think will happen to the prices of the ingredients?

Yeah sure, you might regain your sovereignty from unelected officials in Brussels, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ETHNIC FOODS?

This isn't the website to have any logical discussion on. Go somewhere else if you want to discuss anything other than McChickens or Jack.

>Jack
uh no. We also talk about greggo here too.

>Tripe
Good, it's nice. It's silly that it's so looked down upon, to the point of being relegated to dog food

>Jellied eels
Hellishly disgusting

British food is simple because the natural deliciousness of the fresh, locally-produced, high quality ingredients is meant to shine through. Not many crazy sauces or fancy herbs and spices. Just meat, potatoes, vegetables with salt, pepper and maybe gravy or some mustard.

But since ingredients of that class are rare and expensive now, British food just seems shit, and so people have turned toward foreign food which depends less on specific high quality meat and vegetables. Indian food in particular has such strong sauces that even the cheapest, shittiest meat can taste delicious.

It would be a shame if this too became prohibitively expensive, but that sounds a bit pessimistic

>>Jellied eels
>Hellishly disgusting
Sir Gordon Ramsay disagrees.

youtube.com/watch?v=68m8nFupThI

Why do autistic /pol/ flyovers try to turn everything into people supposedly being racist against white people? It's like some weird post-ironic stage where you literally become the SJWs that are extremely fucking annoying and shit up this site.

/pol/ would consider me a liberal feminist cuck, I'm not from /pol/. I've just seen multiple people act like it's wrong for someone to cook food from another culture, and it's stupid. Saying you won't eat at an Indian restaurant because a white guy is cooking there just makes you judgmental and ignorant.

They have no self-awareness.

Anti-shitty food is anti-white

He also likes chip butties. Britbongs have awful taste in everything, but love to suck their own dicks. Ramsay is a meme.

>Will the UK have to go back to eating jellied eels
lol nope, they wont even have that.

They actually love eel dishes but like most places with popular eel cuisine they've decimated the local population and now have to import almost all their eels from abroad at a premium.

yeah comics are only le ebin funny when they're about stupid sjws and jews and niggers lol NIGGER hahah fuckin NIGGER!! XD

>you have to be a mudblood yo cook mudblood food

isn't that racist rasheed?

Too bad they import their eels like everything else.

I watched a Ramsay video and he says they are all sourced and processed locally. Moreover, he said they export them to Holland.

hi draco
is that way you stupid faggot cunt

Well maybe the famous tv chef pays an even bigger premium for local stuff for good publicity and sjw virtue signalling but the country imports the vast majority of their eels and literally cannot sustain their demand with local supply.

The specifics of import/export can vary due to local economics irrespective of larger trends. A given area could get a better price exporting their eels rather than selling them locally even if there's a demand.

I'm from maine and we sell all our baby eels to places like china and the uk.

>Saying you won't eat at an Indian restaurant because a white guy is cooking there just makes you judgmental and ignorant.

No, it means I am capable of inductive reasoning. I don't know about you, but when I choose to eat at an unknown restaurant I look for 2 primary things, authenticity of cuisine and the experience; the possibility of a local brit doing that well is a thousand to one. I'm not saying it's impossible but given the choice of say, eating at bob's kebabs or abu haytham's shawarma, I'd more likely choose the latter.

I never made it a race thing but you are sure as fuck are adamant on making it a 'white' thing when I never stated I was turning down based on skin color despite not being 'from /pol/'.

>"authenticity"
t. hipster cuck who pays extra to virtue signal

Authenticity of cuisine is a real thing. If you weren't so fucking fat from all the corn syrup injected 'chinese food' you eat in flyover-ville and could afford to travel overseas without paying for a row's worth of tickets to seat your obese behind in, you would know what that is.

>I never made it a race thing
You're either a different poster then or making the bait too obvious. Saying you would leave a restaurant without even trying it because you saw a white guy working there is making it a race thing. If you wanted Mexican food and left because you saw the white guy named Rick Bayless working there you'd be making a huge mistake because you judged him on his skin color.

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/03/22/471309991/when-chefs-become-famous-cooking-other-cultures-food

You can say I'm from /pol/ all you want, if that makes you feel better about your racism. It won't change the fact that you're still being racist. Judge the food on how it tastes and not the skin color of the guy cooking it.

He didn't say that. He expressed a coherent thought without incorporating memes and capitalizing entire words.

Perhaps you should consider the validity of a pigeonholed definition that was compromised by historical revisionism 20 years ago.

>discards argument
>claims racism against white people
>posts dumb fucking flyover list about flyover shit and his admiration for a flyover chef

For the last time, wanting to eat in a hole in the wall indian restaurant instead of Guy Fierre's Hindu Hut is not racist. Fuck off back to /pol/ and stop pretending you aren't a /pol/tard brainlet, holy shit.

you seem pretty upset there cuckaduck are you mad that white men are better at currynigger food than your precious pajeets?

Then that's the price we pay, I thought lefticucks cared about a living wage

>you can't have diversity if you don't import millions of destitute unintegratable savages from countries completely unrelated to the cuisine at hand
:thinking:

Luckily no one is looking to import flyovers so that isn't really a problem.

>people have to learn how to cook themselves
>obesity levels sink to all time low
Oh no!

>a few less shitskins will decimate the food industry
>implying the food industry hasn't been ruined by said shitskins flooding the market

I quit working as a chef because of migrants, they're fucking filthy lazy pieces of shit that don't care about customers and commit massive health and safety violations regularly. Wish they'd all fuck off.

>waah they took our jerbs!

What a fucking baby.

>Unemployed Marxist who has never had to provide for a family

>low income loser knocked up a woman and has a child he can barely support
>wants society to change to accommodate his mistake
I am shocked, shocked that this individual is displaying racist and xenophobic attitudes

What? It's pure capitalism that you lost your job. They were obviously a more efficient work force than your lazy entitled ass and so you lost your job to people who could do it better and/or cheaper.

Not the system's fault that you're an entitled man baby unless you somehow think your employer was a marxist out to get you for being a white man in which case, I dunno what to tell you, you're just a delusional dumbfuck.

>more efficient work force
Did you mean: Cheaper?

Cheaper is more efficient.

>leas shitskins making kebabs, curries and donner pizzas chock full of lard, 10x the salt content and almost0 nutrition

we should be thankful.

also takeaway is chock full of literal shit.

>Have you ever been to an ethnic restaurant (not mexican) and noticed how the food sucked because the person making it was not from the ethnic background of the restaurant?
No, I haven't. I've been to an ethnic food restaurant where the food sucked, and the chef wasn't of that ethnic background, but that was not WHY it suffered. There's 4 or more restaurants in my city, two by scandinavians, two by italians. One of the scandinavian ones is so far and away better and more accurately classic italian than the other 3 I've been to. In cooking everything is the about the individual. Cultural heritage will grant you recipes, maybe some methodology, but it won't grant you inherent skill and talent.

You gathered all that from my one comment at comrade? Get some life experience first before commenting on things that affect the lives of real people, turbovirgin.

Usually throughput is the default-assumption for efficiency.

No Problem. Just make allowances for shittier work and offset fixed costs by paying them wages under the table.

>if you're against my brand of racism you're /pol/
Woah

Political discussion, fuck off.

Modern curry was invented by brits, even the one eaten in india

pretty much this. if you don't gratefully inhale a pile of mechanically separated chicken bits drowned in high fructose corn syrup every night, you hate all white people and are literally committing genocide every time you eat a vegetable

lol you showed him *high fives*

>pretty much this

Reddit always makes it so easy to spot them.

>Brexit
I wish they'd just get on with it.
It's dragging.

Brits are so fucked hahaha

The EU is corrupt as fuck.
If Britain makes a success of things with commonwealth trade deals then the whole thing will collapse.
Merkel must be shitting bricks right now.

Someone explain this to me:

It takes like 30 something years to do all the planning and paperwork for the EU. It turns out that were only 2 member states that met the base financial requirements to join the EU (Germany & France). What was the fucking point if it wasn't economically sustainable for other memberstates to join?