What would you order?

What would you order?

Also, why are so many people afraid to eat at these? I've eaten at them my whole life.

>afraid
Some people may have standards

I'm not afraid of them, they're just not worth it for the price. Look at that, one fucking taco is 2 bucks. A fucking burrito is 8 goddamn dollars. A fucking quesadilla is 7 dollars. How is two tortillas full of cheese 7 fucking dollars?

You're a fucking idiot if you buy food from a food truck. It's not about the "experience" or whatever bullshit you can conjure up to defend yourself. You're getting ripped off no matter the truck.

This, typically the the rumors of not cleaning anything and cooking brain on the same grill as everything else, if Mexicans.

They're called roach coaches for a reason.

Ive never met anyone who is. But I live in a very white state so theyre run by white people.

What the fuck are those prices? I get a supreme burrito from literally any taco truck in my city and it's always $5 even

>$8 or $12 for a burrito
haha

I don't know where you're going to get anything cheaper in some cities. I used to live in SLC where I could get tacos for .75 from a cart/truck, but I moved to SF, and I would be shocked if you found a place/truck that served tacos much cheaper than $2.

>What would you order?

A visit from the health inspector

i've only eaten at one and paid $12 for a shitty burrito. never again

only reason i went was because i was drunk as shit at the beach and it was beside the condo i was staying at

this guy gets it

Looked this place up and the tacos look good. Oddly not a picture of anything else though.

Yeah I'd order a breakfast burrito

Unsanitary af, food is always burnt and overpriced, they don't sell drinks..

more like anything sold by the roadside is either terrible food sold for the convenience of it. Or overpriced hipster junk sold for the gullible starbucks sucklers.

But you know wtf, every dish seems to contain this 'lengua' which is translated as 'beef toungue'. So, cow tongue? Sounds disgustingly low tier meat... Wouldn't order.

>tongue is a low tier meat

Confirmed for never having tongue in an izakaya.
Like any food it's the treatment and quality of the produce that's important. McDonalds commits sins against Grade A beef all day every day, doesn't mean that all beef is shit.

You're a sheltered little faggot, that's why.
Animal tongues have been eaten for millennia across the globe.

Don't let the normies know faggot. These are the same cunts who will push up the price of everything once they columbus the shit out of it. Just like fucking quinoa and coconut water.

>Confirmed for never having tongue in an izakaya.
WOW, he has never been to some obscure restaurant that only you went to once? What a loser.

>obscure restaurant
Izakayas are everywhere all around the world. 3 seconds in google would have let you know that.

I wouldn't worry about that. It's offal.

So is foie gras

A chorizo quesadilla sounds fucking off the chain.

mmmm spicy pink slime encased in intestines with orange coloured processed cheese product.
Sounds delicious.

Foie gras is outright uncommon because the practice of making it is banned under the grounds of animal welfare in many countries (which is a shame because it's so damn good).
Tongues will always available because they're essentially a byproduct of the production of steak and other, more conventional, meats.

There's only one tongue on a cow. If lots of people start eating it the price will hike like a fuck.
The same with now every cunt and his mother is starting to buy up hanger steaks pushing the price up to the level of sirloin.

It hasn't happened yet with liver or kidney.

Theres a place in town where I can get these, and they are indeed delicious. This thread has convinced me to go get some good slightly-more-mex-than-tex-mex. That place also has really good lingua tacos too.

Just wait till the some paleo guru crows on about the benefits of eating offal.

I'm a shitty gringo. At the taco truck in Olympia I always get a steak burrito with cheese.
Love it. Slather it in ghost pepper sauce till every onion feels like glass cutting into my face.

If they are not Mexican and selling Mexican food I report them to the city for appropriating Mexican culture.

My Utah nigga. You go down near state street, out in front of the old Sears building or the bar/motel strip, those Mexicans make the best goddamn food for pennies. I've rented a taco cart for parties before, you give them 500 bucks and they'll serve unlimited tacos to as many people as you can find.

Friend worked in one of these

>Rolls and buns were always discounted from the bakery i.e baked 3 days ago, 12 buns for 50cents
>They'd heat the buns up with a cup of water in the microwave to provide moisture to soften the bun
>Hot dogs, spring rolls, sausage rolls etc. were frozen and thawed dozens of times
>Caramelized onions were frozen
>shredded cheese was all frozen
>the turnovers were so good that IF anybody ever returned to complain about something wrong you could give them 5x replacement and still not be at a loss
>they used to pick threw the bins out the back of grocery store grabbing potatoes and tomatoes
>theyd slice the potatoes up into circle platters
>batter it up and cook it as a potato cake
>owner shat himself one day and took his underwear and pants off and stuck it in the freezer with the food so it wouldnt smell
>Walked around in the bus butt naked but you dont see that
>Owner would shag prostitutes in it at night, giving them free food for in exchange for sex
>Parked in a ditch once and the van rolled onto its side
>Food everywhere
>Sat there for a day
>Tow truck tipped it back over
>all is good
>puts all the thawed out food back into freezer
>puts other foods back into their containers even after being on the ground
>Back at work next morning
>italian herb buns are now on the menu

this is an idiotic 'horror story' it sounds like something from a shitty comedy movie or sitcom. stale bread and frozen cheese , things you will find in most restaurants, digging out food from dumpsters is silly, the time and effort to do that for some of the cheapest vegetables is clearly a fabrication, wholesale potatoes and tomatoes are cheap as fuck and would be cheaper than dumpster diving.

I laughed at the Italian herb bun part. You should do stand-up but make friends who don't fucking lie.

Used to work at a machine shop that had a roach coach come lunch time in the middle of the warehouse block. I loved their food. Two mexican tacos and a seafood tostada ran about five bucks. Their cans of soda were a bit much around a buck but I've never had issue with one. Had the best crinkle cut fries I've ever had.

Conundrum of cities
>min wage laws
>entitled hipster entrepreneurs
One or the other demands scalping tier prices even tho the point of food trucking is cheaper operation, yet they justify their pricing based on "ethnic" "fusion" schtick or calling foreign crap gourmet when shit like bibimbap, tacos, or ramen are fast food in their cities of origin

Fuck hipsters and the entitled prices

Tongue is supposed to be lowtier desu; it was butcher-exclusive like brains in murrica for a while no?

Beef tongue is really good. If you like the taste of beef, I mean really like it, then tongue is the beefiest flavored part. It can be a pain to cook yourself if not careful. Beef tongue has a thick rubbery membrane that needs to be removed before serving.

I would be afraid because that thing looks disgusting. You can't see the food prepared, the menu and advertisement is of low quality. It just doesn't look trustworthy.

Yeah, Tacos Don Rafa or whatever is the best.

The meat variety they offer is nice, but fuck that pricing.

Seems like shit compared to my local bean truck, where I am able to get a good fill for $5 or lower. My go-to choice is 2 tamals for $4.

>not worth it for the price.
That's kind of a useless argument, because price means entirely different things to different people. In some places tacos are less than $1, but in others they are $3 or more each. How you set your prices is about knowing your customers. Some folks balk at paying a penny more than the lowest possible price. If those are your customers you'd better move a ton of product, because your margins are small. Another type of customer will balk if the price is below what they expect to pay because prices too low raise doubts about the quality of the food you serve. This is generally a more profitable demographic if you can manage to attract their attention and approval.
>You're getting ripped off no matter the truck.
You always pay for convenience. You're getting "ripped off" anytime you're not cooking your own food from scratch.

Seis tacos de carnitas porfavor.

Pickle and compress it. Makes for a top-tier sandwich filling by any standard.

Didnt say it was bad, just that I'm almost certain it was intestine/liver/stomach-tier cheap until the recent decade

The convenience is they skip out on following and paying for the rights and regulations a legit store owns, but they had to go full Jew and charge arm and leg for sub par quality control and standards
Convenience is already "someone cooked it for me"

They can be pretty damn good depending on whom is serving it, or greasy garbage.

>they skip out on following and paying for the rights and regulations a legit store owns, but they had to go full Jew and charge arm and leg for sub par quality control and standards
That's how their brick and mortar competitors see them. But obviously not their customers if the truck is successful. I pay $1.75 for a taco at my local truck, and the tacos are excellent. If I just want good tacos and nothing else I go there. If I want to sit down at a nice place with a cocktail list and attractive young white servers and an A grade health inspection certificate in the window I can get equally good tacos for $4 a piece. But I'm in the mood for that far less often.

>Tongue is supposed to be lowtier desu; it was butcher-exclusive like brains in murrica for a while no?
This. It is one of the toughest things in cattle, and looks scary and gross sitting out in meat departments. People who want to take the time to poach it in a wine or herb filled court bouillon broth (old world cooking technique not that often used by the home cook), and then lovingly slice it thinly to cold like luncheon meat, refry it, or enjoy ground into pate, are going to like it. This is the Spanish-Hispanic influence. It is kind of like the waldorf salad, gone the way except in the most antiquated of buffets and old school restaurants. You can be assured that if you get it from a mexican, in a food truck, it will be tough. If you get it from a mexican in an old continental menu restaurant, it will be served with another time intensive homemade sauce and make everyone older than age 55 ooh and ahh at it being something their mother used to make.

You still have to comply with all safety regulations as a food truck. And the "convenience" is thst the truck is immediately outside a bar/venue/your work.

The taco truck near me is run by guys from Puebla. The lengua isn't at all tough, it's just not as rich as the cabeza, so if I want a beefy taco I go with the latter. My experience has been the superior tacos are made from pig, not cow, though a cow is fine, too.

In the poorfag taco cart I go to a taco only costs $1.50. The carts in the most spiccy parts of town sell tacos for $1.25 and the expensive one near costco sells tacos for $2.50 each

I bet a taco at a sit down restaurant would be $3.00

ironically all of these pansy fags avoiding all "filthy" stuff will die early because of their fragile immune systems

that looks expensive for a food truck.
anyways, i'd go for either (super)taco/burrito, with any kind of meat. im not really picky like that

Easy. If it's in the morning, a chorizo breakfast burrito. If it's lunch, a lengua torta. Same thing I always order from a taco truck.

Those prices are normal, depending on where you live. Also, if you work in an office complex and several trucks come to the parking lot at lunch, it makes it goddamn convenient as hell. I don't always eat at the trucks that come to my work (they vary on a weekly basis), but it convenient, tasty, and easy, and better than eating the pitiful offerings in the office snack bar. Some days I go home for lunch too, as long as I don't have a meeting right after lunch.

Offal is good! I think it's too gross for price to shoot up though.

al pastor burrito

>jamon

Is that a JoJo REFERENCE?

Shieeet. It's nice seeing that place get named here.
They also have burritos the size of Chipotle for $3.

I don't trust their sanitation standards and food handling practices.

looks like a fuckin ripoff to me, faggots

Because they have to be prissy bitches 24/7.
Also Al pastor all the way man.

Looks kind of expensive, the taco joint in the city I work in has huge Burritos for less than $6 and they don't charge more for tongue.

What city?

yes that place is the bees fucking knees

>they don't charge more for tongue
ohh baby

Burritos at my local truck is only 3 dollars, and everything tastes pretty good. Get fucked

This thread is surprisingly full of people who don't understand that a food truck in San Francisco will cost more than a food truck in Oklahoma, and that median wages typically reflect the price difference.

asada burrito

If they have tortas I get a torta

If they have papusas I get some papusas

Out of the dozens of times I've ordered lengua it has only been slightly less than delicious, like, twice. Tongue is delicious. Holds flavor very well.

Always ask them where they're from, and what the special food is there, and if they sell it, get that.

Go to the place where all the Mexicans are eating. It will be better, cheaper and you won't get sick.

>the practice of making it is banned under the grounds of animal welfare in many countries

Ducks overeat and swell their livers in the wild, that's how foie gras was discovered in the first place.

It was a natural, seasonal delicacy before industrial farming and still is in some parts of the world.

Where is foie gras banned? California reversed their ban