Why Americans eat so little variety of meats ?

Why Americans eat so little variety of meats ?

The vast majority of burgers will only eat in their life beef, pork and chicken. That's it.

What about ducks ? Rabbits ? Wild boars ? Harts or does ? Sheep or even lamb ? Horse (yeah fuck you 14yo girls, I eat horses) ? Pheasants ? Pidgeons ? Monkey brains (nah I'm messing with you with that one) ? Ostrichs ?

And these are not even exotic meats. I could talk about kangaroos, rare birds, reptiles, etc...

Of course, if you're here on Veeky Forums, it means you're already above average and probably ate more than the sacro-saint trinity of Pork, Beef, Chicken but how do you explain one of the wealthiest country in the world have sucj a restricted diet ?

(related pic, it's wild boar with berries)

So ? No burgers awake at this hour ?

Disney and its enchanting, adored animal characters.

But Disney hate beef, pork and chicken ?

>hourly yurocuck obsession thread
You forgot turkey, we eat a crapload of turkey. Rabbit used to be very popular in the USA until about 70 years ago, not really sure why we stopped. People from Louisiana will and do eat anything that walks, crawls, flies, or swims that they can get their hands on. South Carolinian rednecks will eat a bullfrog as soon as look at it. Hunters all over the US eat venison, and sometimes other game like boar, duck, and pheasant. We have a strong cultural taboo against eating horse here though, probably because they used to be so important to us culturally. It would be kind of like eating a dog to us.

>We have a strong cultural taboo against eating horse here though, probably because they used to be so important to us culturally
Yeah, horses aren't really relevant in our culture...

Anyway, you realise that's just minority in your population. The general population will never eat duck. You won't find easily duck in a supermarket.

Except when it's served in Chinese restaurants.

Knights stopped being a thing a long time ago, cowboys stopped being a thing only very recently. Plus, cowboy's horses had names and were mentioned in songs. What was Lancelot's horse's name?

Lancelot wasn't real. Roland's horse had a name, Charlemagne's horse had a name, Alexander's horse had a name, Henri IV's horse had a name, etc... and we used a massive amount of horses in WW1

Besides pork, beef, chicken and turkey you may occasionally see rabbit, quail, bison or venison in a grocery store. I see lamb ribs all the time, never goat or any other parts of a sheep.

Here we eat a lot of venison and I get moose once a year because those fuckers are expensive to hunt.

Snake and croc are pretty good

>The vast majority of burgers will only eat in their life beef, pork and chicken. That's it.
Off the top of my head, you've omitted turkey and fish, which makes me wonder how limited your diet is.

Because it's all gamey, stringy, tough, disgusting garbage

We eat the few meats we do because they are the tastiest meats, and we only eat the tastiest.

Aside from sheep/lamp, which is less common than beef, pork, and chicken, but still quite common nonetheless

How about I take you outside and slap the shit out of you, you smarmy lil shit.

>yeah fuck you 14yo girls

>gamey, stringy, tough, disgusting garbage
pleb

If you cook like shit maybe

Im a Burger (with Armenian ancestory on my dad) so we have lamb kebob on easter. (None of my family is religious)

If I was a hunter id eat more deer, duck, phesant, ect.

Canada here,

In addition to the regular beef, pork, chicken... Its also really common (and in many grocery stores where I am) to have Goose, Duck, Rabbit,Turkey, Lamb (lamb was actually so popular recently, that they were running out). Deer meat (Venison) as well as moose is really common too, though I've never actually seen it sold in a chain-grocery store (smaller country places, yes).
I've also heard of beaver, and of course bear, caribou, seal, pheasant, grouse (most game birds I've eaten at least once) etc.

I think part of the reason for many people not trying other stuff, is that its sort of an acquired taste. And of course pork and beef is really good, there is a reason why it became massively farmed.

The disney animal thing isn't so big here, most people I know, even if they don't own a gun or bow, think hunting is ok and would gladly accept venison given to them. But I do think that my southern cousin had an unironic point about that.

I'm an American on the west coast. I find chicken, turkey, pork, beef, lamb, duck, and rabbit to be pretty common (rabbit stew is one of my favorite dishes) but other game tends to be less common because most people aren't interested in hunting for themselves. There are also strict seasons for certain animals as well. I think if there weren't so many regulations about when you can kill these animals it'd be a little more popular. However fast food lifestyle is of course rising in popularity as every one of us knows, so I think that is also helping reduce variety in meats.

Murrican here, had all that you listed except for pigeon, monkey brains and horse meat. Though, I'm a dirty south seas asian so I do like to eat mostly anything.

How come you are so obsessed with americans you dipshit queer?

>Implying I don't go out during season, crack a cold one with the boys and shoot at game birds
>Implying I don't shoot at wild hogs on my land without having to leave my back porch
>Implying I don't go to my favorite shitskin restaurant and eat lamb and goat on a regular basis
>Implying I don't introduce a deer to my bullbars whenever one jumps in front of my truck, providing me with food for weeks
>Implying most of the people I know and interact with don't do exactly the same things
>Implying your perceptions of America are accurate despite it being significantly larger and more diverse than whatever Euro country you're posting from

> implying you are not the minority

>exotic meats
>kangaroos and reptiles

Firstly, I'd hardly consider Kangaroo exotic, but that could be my inner Australian speaking. But plenty of Americans, atleast in the south east, eat a large quantity of Crocodile.

As well, America, the first world country known world wide for its lax attitude towards guns, is also pretty big on hunting, meaning they do eat ducks, rabbits, deer and pheasants.

>Why don't Americans pay 50 dollars a pound for imported kangaroo steaks?

Maybe because paying extra for meme food is more the behavior of dumb foreigners.

the reason it's one of the wealthiest countries in the world is because of the expansion of industry and infrastructure on a massive scale. to operate efficiently at that scale you have to simplify.

Why don't you have kangaroo farms ? We do.

You're forgetting the
>most of the people I know and interact with do the same things
And those people are "normies" who drink box wine from Walmart and never graduated highschool.
Even the "lower class" of the United States eats a much more diverse diet than the OP thinks they do.

so... rednecks ?

>I think part of the reason for many people not trying other stuff, is that its sort of an acquired taste

literally everything is an acquired taste

Yes, the archetype of the uncultured American.
OP stated that Americans don't eat a diverse range of meats.
I argued that even the quintessentially trashy subgroups of America eat a diverse range of meats.

Beef, chicken, turkey, pork, venison, and duck are common in stores and restaurants

Lamb is pretty expensive, and the only time you might find quail or other game birds would be during hunting season. I'll admit I've never had rabbit

Also most of the country has a year round open season with no tag limit on wild boars because they're a goddamn infestation.

hey j ust found your cooking website here nice one love youe pics baby what your name? im hadiha

Amerifat here, and I've eaten a large variety of fleshy animals. Beef, chicken, pork, fish, game birds, bison, elk, reindeer, rabbit, squirrel, shark, goat, lamb, etc. I used to go to a restaraunt named Fosters in the east bay, california, and they served "exotic" game all the time. I tried something new every visit if it was in stock. I think a reason most Americans don't eat a larger variety of animal is either access, price, or unwillingness to try something new. I love trying new things. I'm sure I've eaten cat dog or rat meat advertised as something else from a street vendor in Mexico. I've always wanted to try horse.

Yeah thats bullshit. Duck isn't popular here at all but I can get frozen duck and game hen in my little grocery store in the deep south. If I was interested, I know enough hunters I could get rabbit, deer or pheasant.

Sadly I've never been able to get good duck at a restaurant only a few rare places. a lot of times it's just dripping and fat and grease. Some Chinese restaraunts do it well. It's too expensive to buy from a store often to do it myself. I will serve duck maybe four times a year on a craving. Score the meat through the fat, cover in spices and bake in the oven.

I eat bacon, ham, prosciutto, and porkchop

Americans only eat beef, chicken, and pork. they have a law stating they cannot serve any other type of meat because the the way game meat and fish is harvested is less restricted and considered dangerous by US politicians. The only other meat they are allowed to have is stuff they hunt themselves, but only if it's in season like deer or squirrel, they dont have many rabbits, ducks, pheasants, etc in America. They used to have Bison but they were hunted to extinction around WWI. They also have very few wild boar in America and nobody hunts them anyway. I visited the USA on holiday and went to a weird "cajun" restaurant called Razoos. They had "gator tail" on the menu, but it's literally just chicken.

You can buy Bison at Wal-Mart any time of the year. Sorry I bit.

The American meat industry is pretty unscrupulous.
They have six foot high genetically modified chickens that have ten legs they sell to KFC and they feed burgers to swans.

Where can I buy this cow fed swan meat? I mus have it!

Sir Neighsalot

Haha. Well, sure. But certain foods are very easy to get used to, particularly bland things. People grow up with pork chops, roast beef, and chicken (at least people in NA that I know). So when they try lamb or something for the first time, they usually dont like it/don't give it a chance.

Oh amerifats eat plenty of Rat and Cockroach from their favourite American fast food establishments.

OP is an actual retard.
Shit I've eaten/commonly seen other eat:
>Pork
>Beef
>Chicken
>Fish
>Any type of crustacean
>Rabbit
>Duck
>Bullfrog
>Gator
>Venison
>Bear
>Boar

Ye, the amount of dudebros who hunt here is almost sickening. They're nowhere near the minority. What's even more sickening is the fact that OP thinks he knows a population without being a part if the population.

Also in California, Rattlesnake is a common thing for workers to catch and cook. I've lived to see Rattlesnake tacos.

>Chicken but how do you explain one of the wealthiest country in the world have sucj a restricted diet ?

It doesn't. In addition to the big 3 I also eat rabbit, quail, venison, pigeon, lamb, goat, duck, and wild hog often.

A lot of us amerifats hunt, so we get a lot of extra meats that way.

>tell friend I tried horse meat
>was it any good?
>neigh

Start listing names then fag

I'm probably just feedin a trolll. In thr laslt year, I've had had chick3n, pork
, pork, dozens dozens, of sausages, country hams, prama hams, wild hog, elk, dozens of salume.... and that doesn't include fish, shellfish or game birds

Charlemagne' was called Tencendur and I think Alexander's was Bucephalus.

>Burger eduaction

burger here, in addition to the usual I've also had venison, which I did not care for, rabbit, ostrich, and sheep, all of which I liked except for the venison obviously, the main reason we don't eat a wide variety of meat is outside of hunting, most of it except for the regulars you mentioned are hard to come by and usually more expensive. though you can get rabbit and duck and such at the asian market, it's usually only weeburgers looking for pocky and shit at the asian market, I mean other than the asians.

rabbit and duck is expensive yo
i had both and its not really worth it
i dont even like lamb, i eat lamb if someone makes it for me but i wouldnt go out of my way for it

We also eat a ton of seafood.

Most Burgers never cook a meal in their life, so if it isn't in the frozen meal they bought, they won't be eating it.

The ones on Veeky Forums are a special occasion as they are mostly here to try and show themselves off to Europeans and begging for acceptance in the hope that we'll tell them that they have a culture too.

Because meat is expensive, and anything outside the triumvirate of beef/chicken/pork is even worse. (Lamb and other domesticated animals.)

Deer, elk, moose, etc are considered game animals, and are only hunt-able within certain timeframes, and you have to draw a tag for them. Sometimes you just get cucked and never get a tag. (You also have to be qualified to get said tag.) In some places, you don't want to hunt for these animals, too, as a great many of them have Chronic Wasting Disease, which is a spongiform encephalopathy, which while probably not transmissible to humans, it's not advised to consume certain bits of the animal. Better to just avoid it entirely, really.

As for pigeons, they carry a ridiculous amount of diseases that I'd prefer to pass on, thanks.

Yeah. In Mulan there was a song about it. In that order too

ARE YOU SAYING ALL OF AMERICA ISNT THE SAME AND LIKE TV SHOWS AND HOLLYWOOD MOVIES

>Most Burgers never cook a meal in their life
How can you live like that ? Even with food from a star restaurant I feel something's missing if I only eat outside for a long time (like on vacation, first thing I do when I get home is to cook for a looong time).

Plenty of people eat lamb retard. You forgot turkey too.

I couldn't care less what she wares or she looks like...it all depends on what she cooks like. BEEF PORK CHICKEN MMMMMMMMM

Various fish species, mutton, venison, and other such meats aren't uncommon at all.

Not sure who told you that Americans only eat chicken, pork, and beef, but they're wrong.

Most americans DO eat that stuff, its just nobody in the cities does, and the cities loooove to present themselves as the sole image of america.

why do foreigners always put a space between the last word and the question mark?

also I've had duck, rabbit, boar, deer, lamb, horse, pheasant, ostrich, and even camel

Not all ESL foreigners do it. Mostly just Frenchies/other countries where French is the primary language, and I'm pretty sure Lithuanians do it too.

>mutton
>common in america
lolno
Not. At. All.
Lamb is uncommon (though not exactly rare), but mutton is borderline nonexistent. Even goat meat, as rare as it is in the US, is way more common than mutton is, particularly due to Mexican immigrants and Caribbean islanders.

>inb4 'i can get mutton down the road at this local farm near me that sells mutton'
user, most people don't live anywhere near your special little corner of Muttonville, Statesota. Trust me (or look it up for yourself) when I tell you that mutton just ain't a thing stateside.

Lamb is becoming more available here. A lot of ruralish people eat deer once in a while. Some rednecks eat rabbit and squirrel. Pheasant and other fowl is fancy. But where the fuck is it normal to eat wild boar

Yeah, you're right about the mutton. AFIK it's pretty much non-extant in most of the US and only found in a few very specific regions. I know it's a thing around Ownesboro, KY. But otherwise I've never seen it stateside.

To be fair, they limit not only their meat variety, but also their fruit and veg variety. This is because they are culturally descended of northern Europeans and northern Europe, being colder than an Eskimo's snatch, lacks the flora and fauna variety found in other parts of the world and, as a result, their diets also lack variety.
Yes: there are Americans descended of other cultures, such as Asia and southern Europe but within a generation or two, they will inevitably assimilate into the wider, northern European descended culture and subsist on a steady diet of meat and potatoes. Don't believe me? Well, just look at how Italian Americans eat on the day to day compared to people in Italy: far, far, FAR less variety.

I read on the internet that we also eat 8 spiders per year

literally everywhere in the midwest. we literally can not murder enough pigs. people get paid to hunt pigs from ATV's mounted with .50 caliber machine guns.

Actually, I completely forgot about that part of Kentucky. Wanted to go there and try mutton fries and barbecued mutton the first time I heard of about 10 years ago or so but the closest I've been to the area is Bowling Green and Murfeesboro.

does it need to be a redneck to eat a rabbit? how retarded you are

"Upstate" New York here. Turkey, deer and geese/ducks are EVERYWHERE here. So much so that in my specific area, permit free hunting exists in every season to "thin out numbers" of exploding animal populations. Fishing is dope af here too, millions of secluded ponds, lakes and streams all connected to the Hudson River stocked by nature itself with dozens of fish varieties ripe for the plucking. The Culinary Institute of America is 3 miles from my house, so organic farms are also fucking everywhere, raising livestock from buffalo to lamb, including rabbit and horse. The variety and availability of fine wine, artisinil cheese/yogurt/raw milk is staggering. All of this, just 70 miles north of NYC.

Truly God's country up here.

I thought most Americans descended from Germans?
In any case they are curious people; worthy of further study to see how their society evolves and assimilates with the indigenous Hispanic and migrant black populous.

>artisinil

>Deer, elk, moose, etc are considered game animals, and are only hunt-able within certain timeframes, and you have to draw a tag for them.

That's varied depending on the region/state. Where I live there are no moose. Deer are certanly avilable though. There is no "drawing a tag"--anyone gets a multitude of tags automatically when you get a basic hunting license.

The southern US has a massive problem with feral hogs aka "wild boar". There is no bag limit or seasonal limit here, you can shoot and cook as many of them as you want.

Maybe city fags just eat chemical filled McGarbage chicken and beef, but not all Americans live in cities.

proof or fake

Yes. And Germans are a northern European population. As are Brits. And Irish. Combining these three groups (14.4%, 23.3% and 11.1%) and we're already at 48.8% of the US population being of northern European background. But ethnicity isn't the point here: it's culture. A Croatian American, for example, will inevitably eat a nearly identical diet to an Irish American because both of them are part of the wider American culture which is itself descended of northern European cultures.

>just 70 miles north of NYC
And all 8 million inhabitants of that city still spit on you for not living with them.

>permit free hunting exists
sounds like fun

I never turned in my extended clips when solicited to. Outside of the city, NY is overwhelmingly conservative and voted Trump. Open carry demonstrations every single day in my town, the VFW guys get all boozed up and waive flags, walk around in traffic with shotguns and rifles screeching about the government infringing their constitutional rights.

Tldr- that gun is pointless and retarded.

>clips
I thought only certain capacity magazines were illegal

>clip
Do you mean magazine by any chance?

Wake me when those gun get put to use ridding NY of commie shit stains
Otherwise it's just bluster and bravado

>that gun is pointless and retarded.
Not when its the only legal way to sell that kind of carbine in an entire state because you let one city cuck you

Extended clips like this were made illegal, as well as magazines for rifles.

It's as close to a true AR15 as you'll find in NY.
Know how I know you're not a gun owner?

Those are magazines. You don't know what a clip is. You're a retard.

You can find mutton at one bbq restaurant in Louisville but don't go there because it's the worst bbq you'll ever have in your life

>clip
Non /k/ommando detected.

im not american but ill tell you why i dont eat those meats

THEY ARE FUCKING EXPENSIVE

You don't even need to do paperwork to transfer ownership of a rifle. Just drive to West Virginia and buy one cash, then drive it home. You don't even need a background check to buy rifles on West Virginia, Arizona either. If someone wanted an AR15 in NY it wouldn't be hard to find at a gunshow, or shop...

See
Idk, maybe you're just retarded.

American here. Many of those meats are very nearly free. You go out and you shoot them.

Hunting is a fantastic way to fill your freezer with meat for a very low cost.

>It's okay that my rights are being directly infringed upon because I can just walk over to the next state and buy it there
Stop being such pussies and vote next time NYC is trying to ban something.

My AR is grandfathered in...doesn't apply to me lol.