New beer thread

Post what yer drinkin or what you like to drink

For the alcohol content. I enjoy the taste as well.

best beer for getting turnt

Our brewery did a small batch NEIPA called "Not Another" which is fucking delicious. I had one and drank it so quickly that on the drive home I started listening to Sufjan Stevens and began to cry, and I had decided I was going to write her a letter to grieve what I happen to grieve, but then I got home and ate a fuckload of bread dipped in hot chicken broth and now I think I'll continue ignoring my mom.

Water.

Lol what?

I said I think I'll keep ignoring my mom. I was boozed up and listening to sad music so I thought about writing her a letter explaining what I feel...that empty feeling...but then I got home and microwaved a bowl of this DANK chicken broth and dipped homemade bread in it and it was good as fuck. I was just hungry so I don't feel so sad about not talking to my mom anymore.

Fuck I'm a couple beers in now I think I have to write that letter

i um.
you go, gurlfrand

Slugging back some La Trappe Tripel, I'm loving the style. Any recommendations on what to try next?

Really happy I live in NE Iowa so I can spend all my money on Toppling Goliath products. Pseudo Sue is the nectar of the gods

Bockbier

Best wishes user

Try some Belgian dubbels and quads/dark strong ale. Whatever you do, stay the fuck away from Corsendonk, their pater dubbel ale was atrocious for the style, and as a beer in general.

sure are a lot of fags "reacting" to this guy. will this go on your epic best of Veeky Forums collab?

Funny you say that, because it's one of the most highly rated dubbels on both BeerAdvocate AND RateBeer (and that's saying something, considering how their ratings can be like night and day). Claiming it's a poor beer and poor example is a little disingenuous when literally thousands of reviewers are writing otherwise.

Since it's evident you're a connoisseur of Belgians, perhaps you got a bad bottle, or their style simply isn't to your taste.

3 is a lot?

Dude ur gay

Just got the variety pack from these guys. Tried everything but the schwarzbier, really enjoying it all. The lager almost tastes like an amber ale with how caramel-y it is and the pilsner is gr8. I'd had their IPA before and it's one of the first IPAs I actually liked

New Belgium is consistently pretty good. Nothing outstanding but nothing really disappointing. For some reason I've never picked up the Trippel tho. Not sure why, I like the style

How did you enjoy those? I'm going to keep an eye out for em.

Like I said, haven't tried the schwarzbier yet, but the rest are good. The IPA is delicious, but it has a ton of sediment in it, which can put some people off. The pilsner is solid and the California Common (I think that's the style? not too familiar with it) is way more complex than a lot of lagers I've had. Pretty sure they only distribute in Minnesota, and barely outside of the twin cities at that. I was surprised to find the variety pack in northern MN

For Tripels? I really liked Karmeliet. Chimay White is really good too.

For styles? I guess more Belgians, saisons and blondes for lighter beers and quads and general strong dark belgian stuff for darker ones.

>he likes coors

What can I say, it goes down smooth

Only fag here is you, fuckwad.

Only bully the IPA dorks

I'm drinking lagunitas maximus ipa

am I a pleb

Maybe. I don't remember what their ipa tastes like.

their regular IPA is good, haven't had the maximus

it tastes about the same but has slightly higher alcohol content

Love Bauhaus. Drinking this though. Hope they keep this year round. It's great.

Keller Pils is fantastic, but I don't think they'll make it a year-round when they already have the regular Pilsener as a year-round. I could see it replacing Maibock or Summer Ale as one of the lighter seasonals (although I might like Maibock even more)

In that case, I want to believe it was a bad bottle since that was vastly disappointing. Thank you for correcting me in case I almost threw a hidden gem into the gutter. To clarify, I am not being sarcastic- genuinely thank you, I'll re-try it again this weekend in your honor.

I still haven't had their regular pils. Is it solid? Their oatmeal stout is probably my favorite of the style

got some anchor steam. pretty happy i found it, its common in california but not so much in oregon

Fyi, Sufjan is a dude...

>beers: Modelo, Negra Modelo, PBR, Bud Light Plat, Sculpin IPA, Maharajah, Lagunitas IPA, Sam Adams

>Mixed liquors: Tanqueray or Hendricks/ Tonic, Tanqueray or Hendricks/club soda,
Vodka / almost anything, Whiskey/Coke

I can drink liquor straight, but I make my mixed drinks pretty heavy handed

Coors is dope

Only guy with good taste in this thread

I drink Coors when i feel like it. It's good for throwing in an ice chest, situating it next to my chair in the back porch and reading while I smoke a slab of ribs or a chicken for dinner. I don't have an electric or propane smoker, so I'm tethered to it, and any American lagers are good for sipping during a medium to short cook.

Thanks for the suggestions anons, trying out a Boulevard Saison Brett. I think this might be my new go to style instead of whatever new meme IPA is available at the moment.

auslad here, not a beer enthusiast, but this stuff goes alright

Try pouring it into a glass, it does make a difference.

Nice! I love saisons, they may be my favourite style.

what glass would you pour a stout into
is any glass better than no glass?

For stouts I usually use a british pint glass or a snifter, and yes any glass is better than no glass.

Anyone forced themselves into liking beer? I'm 30 and still can't get past the yucky phase where I can't stand the taste. I've tried dozens of different beers from light to dark and no matter how much I try to force it almost every sip has me holding back from physically cringing. It sucks because I live in a coty highly rated for its beer variety and I feel like I'm missing out.

>dozens from light to dark
So you don't know styles, and you've barely tried any. The number one style that I've noticed anyone can get behind is a hefeweizen. Go find one and try it out.

I use a tulip I got for free from a bar. If I didn't have it I'd just use a pint glass or mason jar

>I've tried dozens of different beers from light to dark
so 20 generic microbrew pale lagers and a few highly suspicious dark lagers?

I doubt it's actually possible to hate ALL beer, it's probably the most diverse alcohol out there

get a german hefeweizen, an irish stout and a belgian quadrupel

glass is always better than no glass, because you can smell the beer as you drink it, and you can also control how strongly carbonated it is through pouring
if you want milder carbonation (like I usually do), hard pour

Well I've tried all the usual big name stuff, I've gone to beer festivals and sampled as much as I could stand, I've gone to gay hipster barcades and again sampled many different beers, I'd say I've given it a more than fair shot. But I will make a note of what you mentioned and seek those out in the future, but I'm about to give up trying.

You just blindly tried shit from random breweries? I'd honestly go to beeradvocate and find highly rated beers from styles that sound interesting to you and build a 6 pack with them. Scotch ales are pretty overlooked as well and can be inviting to new beer drinkers

Some people don't like beer. Nothing wrong with that.

I read this a lot in /asp/ beer threads but I'm literally the only person I know that likes hefes. I feel like it's something that sounds right in theory (a light beer with banana and cloves, what's not to like) but in practice the taste is very divisive.

My advice would be don't drink beer because you don't like it.

The regular pils is fine. I prefer a couple other MN pilsners tho--Bent Paddle and Indeed come to mind

I'm going to a beer festival this Saturday

sad that I couldn't score those BAs

>its common in california
hahahahahahahaha
nice

care to elaborate on that a bit, bud?