Best BBQ in the Carolinas

Alright lads, I'm visiting Asheville and Charleston this summer and want to know which BBQ spots you'd recommend in the surrounding areas.

we can barely drink the water here without looking at our cousins weird, let alone make a fucking meal.
please save me from the carolinas

>tfw you will never be a hick living in a trailer, getting any water content from a 30 rack of natty ice in the summer heat and when it gets dark finish the rest of the beer with your hambeast cousin who is only attractive after 30 beers and bang in the back of your pick-up truck with a full moon above.

Why even live.

Ive been to the carolinas a handful of times could barely make out what they were saying
Must say female carolinians looked pretty good if ever one was under 75 kg

Go to a bar and ask some locals.

BBQ is one of those meals, like chili, or ragu Bolognese, that everybody loves, but nobody can agree on what the "best" is, or even how it's supposed to be made.

Hey, I live in Asheville. Get ready for some of the best food and beer you will ever have, this city is great for food. For barbecue in Asheville, I recommend Luella's BBQ. It's a little more upscale than your typical barbecue join, but the price isn't bad and the food is actually quite good. A lot of people say 12 Bones Smokehouse is one of the best barbecue places in town, but frankly I was less than impressed when I ate there. They served the food on a hipster-ass metal pie tray, their pulled pork wasn't bad but also nothing special, and they served it with a side of what I'm 90% sure was just some fucking Lay's potato chips. They don't even have fucking hush puppies! Luella's in contrast makes their own chips, and has great hush puppies. Well worth the extra couple dollars over 12 Bones.

>t. someone who isn't from the Carolinas and likely has never been here

>Western NC
>SC at all

It's shit

I think It depends on what city you are residing at in my opinion. For instance I live in Gastonia, and the amount of obesity I witnessed when going out to a local bar was astounding, then I go to Charlotte, and I feel there are a lot of beautiful women. Maybe that is just my perception.

The attractiveness of women in any given area in NC is directly proportional to that area's obesity rate. Asheville, being a liberal hippy health-conscious city, has a much lower obesity rate than the surrounding area and therefore has more attractive people.

You mean inversely proportional.

Oh yeah, oops.

Come by my trailer and I'll smoke some with you. I'm in Anderson, SC. One of the crappiest places known in the south that is barely even the south. I got a single wide on 10 acres with 4 foot tall grass and 22 cats. Not even joking.

Ohyeah BBQ

I already put out my opinions in Never been to Charleston, so nothing else to really say.

I thought 12 bones was pretty good but I ordered the brisket

I'm just joking friend. I am glad to see other Carolinians especially NC as weird as that sounds. Muh alienation.

>in the Carolina's
>ordering brisket

reminder that the carolinas count as coasties

I guess that must be why the place has such a good reputation. It's certainly not the pulled pork, I've made better in my slow cooker.

Yeah, not a lot of us on this board for some reason. Weird considering we have barbecue, sea food, and winemaking going on in our state.

And collards.....at least in S.C..

No where in Asheville -- that city specializes in copying as much trendy shit as it can until the base cuisine is no longer recognizable. Jack-of-all trades with mediocre fucking everything (except the beer and Grove Park Inn buffet. My God, it's a miracle).

For Charleston, no where in the city at all. Charleston lost its BBQ mojo long ago, but who cares because the seafood and southern cuisine is AAA God tier. For BBQ, anywhere in shitty outer rural areas is bound to have amazing Q. Find the oldest, blackest, least populated area that you can think of. One that comes to mind is Scott's Bar-B-Que in Hemingway, SC. Popular old family-run business that serves up some of the best pit roasted pig known to man. And the cracklins... god damn it's good. I think the dude that owns it is still working on expanding to actual Charleston... in fact, he may already have.

this Charleston is more known for its seafood, which is god tier, try Red's Icehouse if you can wait an hour
>t. sister lives there