-Smoking General-

-Smoking General-
These are the Boston butts I smoked a week ago. 14 hours overnight with Apple wood in a cajun water smoker. Pictures to follow.
Share Smoker recipes and methods

you made pulled pork with that i hope

oh fuck yeah man love it. i made pulled pork this past weekend as well, although i clearly have much to learn hahaha

Yes indeed. Vinegar sauce, sliced pickle, onion, and salted tomato on side. Throw leftovers in Kentucky burgoo

Been having trouble with my butts. Turn out kinda mushy. Stop injecting?

What temperature are you taking them off at?

Also, I inject and use a butt rub. Injection is not the issue. It's probably internal temperature. Don't take it off at anything under 185°F, but aim for the upper 190's. @ around 250-260° left alone.

I smoke a pork butt up every 2 weeks or so, simply because I love how the smoked meat tastes in so many other meals besides the standard sandwiches. I always start off with some sandwiches, slaw, and a Carolina vinegar sauce, then I'll freeze the meat and pull out for stuff like.....

- enchiladas
- tacos
- Cajun etoufee
- home made ravioli and tortellin
- kung pao pork
- tagliatelle and tomato sauce

That smoky pork goodness just makes everything better.

Absolutely agree, I usually use a lot to put in my burgoo

maybe wrapped/foiled em too long?

I'm going to have to make burgoo now. I had to look it up. What's your opinion on how long to cook it? I've noticed there is more than one school of thought on it. Definitely using some of my pulled pork in it.

Us Kentucky folk are pretty country, anyone here will tell you there's no recipe for burgoo, and there really isn't. But this is a good place to start, in my grandma's church recipe book from the 1970s. I make mine thicker with smoked meats from the list on there, or close to it

Saved. Thank you very much. We will enjoy this down here in Mississippi.

Very welcome. It's a delicacy in these parts