Worst Thing You've Seen In A Restaurant

So, what's the worst thing you've seen somebody do at a restaurant? Preferably from someone behind the scenes, though obviously all stories are welcome. I've got two, I'll start you off with my first one...

>Working at a bowling alley in the kitchen, making decent money because of the tips
>One day the owner sees us throwing away half of a pizza from a party that left, he freaks out and tells us to hold on a minute
>The guy goes and finds a recipe for pizza bread pudding, and tells us to take the leftover pizzas from various parties, smash them together and bake them
>We very grudgingly do this, and send said pizza bread puddings out to multiple parties

And one more story...

>Working at a decently upscale establishment, I mostly do sautee station.
>One night we have a special for boiled lobster, we send out the whole lobster in the shell to tables
>When the plates come back our head chef tells us to save the lobster shells (the ones that the customers already touched and possibly drooled on) so we can make lobster bisque out of them
>When I complain because that sounds disgusting, the chef assures me that "we're going to boil it anyhow, it's fine"

I saw some SHIT at those two places man. Pic is of pizza bread pudding if anyone's curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

yelp.com/biz/arthurs-anderson-cincinnati-5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

both stories sound disgusting

one time I was working fryers and I was taking dishes to the dish room.
the grill guy didn't have any space for the prime rib, so it was kept on a rolling cart in the hall next to him with a heat lamp on it.
I see him slice the prime and grab it with tongs.
he's only got two step to get back to the grill and he drops the prime slice on the ground, then picks it up with his tongs and dips it in the au jus container and serves it.

worst thing I've done was when I worked at a ruby tuesday. someone orders the biggest steak we had well done 12 oz. sirloin I believe. the meat was real inconsistent, sometimes real hard when raw. it took twenty minutes to get this thing done and servers are asking for it. as i'm putting the plate up to the window, the plate catches on the open cooler lid and the steak falls behind the cooler and on the floor. I get down and reach way back for it. I took it to the hand washing sink and washed it off good and flipped it on the griddle a few times and sold it.

worst home cook thing I saw was, I went to thanksgiving at my buddies house. he was a head chef at p.f. changs at the time. going to cook a turkey in the deep fryer. he's inside manning the sides and I'm out watching the oil come up to temp. when I took the wrap off the turkey it looked a bit odd but I didn't look it over great. until I go to drop it in the oil. it was skinless! I go in the house sarcastically telling him I needed the skin and he points at some turkey stock he's making for the stuffing. I put the turkey in any way, it came out with like a 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick burntness all around, totally disgusting. I almost left after I dropped it in the oil. but I stuck around

My mother used to be a waitress. Plenty of weird and fucked up stories from there.

>Customer complains that his order is wrong
>Head chef storms in, starts shouting, and throws him out in front of the other customers

>New hire's joint ash falls into the deep fryer
>Owner won't let them clean it out until the end of the day

>Whole case of fresh salmon left out overnight
>Owner tells them to serve it anyway
>Cook tries to throw it away, is fired on the spot

>Chicken is routinely undercooked in order to save time
>Only fully cooked if the customer complains

>Has a vegan burger, but the veggie patty is actually just a hamburger patty with a bit of green shit
>Woman figures it out instantly, threatens to sue, gets physically removed by two cooks

There's more where that came from, if anyone's interested.

Unironically deserves to be shut down.

Used to work at "Veggie Heaven" near University of Texas back in the early 2000s. They had staff scoop up the leftover veggies and whatever and it was put into subsequent plates.

I wish. It's still open today, despite laying off every employee and replacing them with newbies.

It's a tourist town, so I guess they get enough money from campers to stay afloat.

>>Has a vegan burger, but the veggie patty is actually just a hamburger patty with a bit of green shit
>>Woman figures it out instantly, threatens to sue, gets physically removed by two cooks
holy shit my sides

>work a smokehouse
>customer orders our last piece of salmon
>said piece gets dropped and washed off and served

Now the worst thing I've done was some lady kept sending her food back saying it wasn't cooked and was raw or rare, so I turned her beef ribs to charcoal and took her mashed sweet potatoes and microwaved them for 5 minutes and sent it back out. Apparently it wasn't that bad since she came back and told me how delicious it all was once it was perfectly cooked, but that woman ate char and must have burnt her mouth to nonexistence on her sides.

Another not horrific one was a woman sent back her salad asking for it to be chopped extra fine on an extremely busy night. Ended up giving it to the dish washer and telling him to just fuck it up with a knife as fine as he could and we sent her out what was almost paste.

Oh man, I have some stories. All of this is from the same restaurant that I no longer work at:

1: Foie gras
The steakhouse has a foie gras appetizer. About $16.00 dollars, which isn't awful.
However, this item has essentially never been ordered. As far as I know, it has only been ordered once in my time there.
On the menu, it is advertised as a seared foie gras with a strawberry reduction, pretty appetizing and standard in the culinary world.
Anyways, the order comes. The "cook," an African immigrant that has racial issues against the Mexicans working in the kitchen, follows the recipe assigned by the owner.
A piece of duck liver is seared off on a pan. Not foie gras. But just duck liver. A thin slice, think cold cuts, that has been sitting in the freezer for months, most likely rancid.
Anyways, the thing practically melts on the pan, considering the lack of width and the IMMENSE, I mean WOK-SIZED flames on the burner.
So the burnt, almost non-existent slice of "foie gras" is placed on a plate and is dressed with the cherry on top: Smuckers strawberry jam.
My sides have taken off and had gone into orbit upon witnessing this. I prayed for the customer.
I have many more of these. Any interest?

I don't care. I'm writing another one.

2: Salmon
Right, so our racist African "cook" has recieved an order for our salmon. In a steakhouse. It's fine, because we do actually buy some pretty good salmon from Scotland.
So he pulls this fillet out of some hideous marinade. Upon asking the owner, he said it's an Old Bay, blended oil, and mayonnaise mixture. A beautiful fish is marinaded in mayonnaise. Absolutely awful.
So this already-dead fish is put on a grill. The flames shoot up and encase the fish. I have never seen anyone more inexperienced as the "cook" who has a grill that high.
The fish is cooked to a cinder. $30.00, by the way. On the plate, it recieved the garnishes of microgreens (kek), burnt shiitakes, and some pomegranate reduction.
Now, this pomegranate reduction is God-tier. One taste and it's like the Sweet n' Sour sauce from McDonalds, only worse. The thing is, not just a drop is put on this poor fish. The whole bottle of this wretched abomination is slathered on the plate. And off it goes to the customer.
Naturally, it is sent back. The owner is furious with the "cook." In Gordon Ramsay fashion, he smashed the fillet with his bare fist and the bits and particles are sprayed over everything and everyone, including me. Since FOR SOME REASON, on a FRIDAY NIGHT, we had only one fillet in the entire walk-in.
To make it up to the customer, the owner personally made a beautiful Porterhouse steak for her, free-of-charge, only to find that she had left.
We had the great opportunity to taste it, us kitchen dwellers. It had no salt on it. The steak didn't have enough salt. In a steakhouse.

A Chinese place. The server collected plates from a table after people had left, then I saw her dump all the uneaten salad back into the tray from which they take salad to put on guests' plates.

>>Working at a bowling alley in the kitchen, making decent money because of the tips
>>One day the owner sees us throwing away half of a pizza from a party that left, he freaks out and tells us to hold on a minute
>>The guy goes and finds a recipe for pizza bread pudding, and tells us to take the leftover pizzas from various parties, smash them together and bake them
>>We very grudgingly do this, and send said pizza bread puddings out to multiple parties
Man that guy sounds like a pic related. I bet he try's to get out of paying taxes and is a libtard.

>be me
>be french
>be in france
>gorgeous restaurants everywhere (and kebabs)
>go to restaurant with gf
>sweating to the fuck because fucking summer
>appreciate salads when it's summer
>waitress took so much time to come at us
>"I'd like a salad for the starter and a steak for the main course, please"
>get the salad
>wtf it's huge !
>salad is mixed with chicken and pork
>all the liquid fat and the sauce flew to the end of the plate
>it's so fat I can't even finish
>refused to take the main course
>paid average 30$
>plus the wine was horrible
>will go to kebab next time

Thats sound normal, not good, but standard practise for leftovers.

>reduction
wat is that?

Basically a syrupy-liquid that has had water evaporated from it for it to become thicker and less, well, watery. For instance, you go to a restaurant and have a wine reduction sauce with some meat. It is wine that has had some, not all, water evaporated from it so that is reaches a desired consistency. Hope this helps! A strawberry reduction, ideally, would be evaporated strawberry juice with some sugar and lemon juice/zest.

>Kitchen at a retirement home
>Everything is either raw, burnt to a crisp, microwaved, pre-made, or comes in a can
>Nobody there gives a shit since most of the people there have dementia or are bed-ridden and have no choice
>Scrambled eggs that are half liquid
>Chicken that's still pink
>Sandwiches that are just a single slice of bologna between two slices of bread and nothing else
>Bread is always soggy and wet for some reason
>Cooks only actually try when an employee eats there
>The kitchen was actually the best part of the retirement home
If you have a family member in one of those places - Get them out immediately. I have seen shit. When you visit a home it can seem decent, but when you work there you get to see EVERYTHING. It's not pretty.

>"we're going to boil it anyhow, it's fine"

Hes right, theres no problem doing this

This reminds me of an old Phil Hendrie bit where he was talking to a restaurant owner that was pioneering "table to table" service, where patrons could make offers on leftovers from other tables, because people love eating leftovers.

I still remember the time some greasy bastard left the shitter without washing his hands and went back to work. Burger king. Nasty motherfucker.

So I've heard. Sad.

Name?

So the building here was formerly a Piggly Wiggly (grocery store chain for Eurofags) and remodeled into three separate entities under the same owner. The upstairs had a shared kitchen with two different front of house concepts (Burgers on on side and fried chicken / general southern comfort food on the other). I worked at the high volume cocktail bar that used to serve as the basement and storage for when that building was a grocer. Due to fire code we could not cook anything to we did meat/cheese plates and marinated olives which was handled in the same general prep area downstairs that the upstairs kitchen staff would use. Due to schedules it was never really an issue.

What the issue was would be a combination of the empty building next door where roaches would make their way and nest directly behind the outlets. They would occasionally make their way to the bar itself which much of the staff was able to hide the occasional roach by quickly swiping it and killing them out of sight thanks to the dim lighting. The pipes that were visible from the ceiling of this bar would occasionally drip grease on the bar counter and the nigger GM would only act accordingly if guests saw it happen.

The pipes were a huge issue since the original plumbing was not meant to handle restaurant traffic and would constantly get clogged. I lost count of how many times I would prep ingredients and the drainage outlets would clog up with shit water that would waft into the bar. But they were too cheap to properly get the pipes unclogged in favor of a quick snake solution.

The dyke who owns it won a James Beard a few years ago so I am pretty sure whatever shit her hipster following has will eat that literal shit up.

Follow up, the same nigger GM at the bar was the direct cause of two complete staff rehauls. The second included the bar manager and head bartender. Even some autistic faggot got tired of him not wanting to take any suggestions on the cocktail menu after being promoted to head bartender by complete proxy.

You should have had dredged it in flour and eggs

fuck that noise, have you ever breaded a whole 18 lb. turkey? I hanven't but I never will either. what pissed me off is just a couple weeks prior, when he was inviting me to the dinner. I was telling him how I couldn't wait for some crispy turkey skin, plus he cooked one the year prior. and it turned out great. they sell turkey legs in two packs, that would of made for a good stock

you would have to butcher the bird first I guess since there's no way to make sure the breading goes into all the nooks and crannies
which in turn makes no sense in a thanksgiving dinner (not even american but my guess is that if the turkey does not look like a tom and jerry tier cartoon turkey then thanksgiving is ruined)

>Not foie gras
>duck liver

>sitting in the freezer
>rancid

Wut?

This never happened and you're trying WAY too hard to be funny. Fuck off

Oh man, I ate at the burger place in that building when I was in Raleigh.

Not really a case of something disgusting done to a customer, just something gross and weird that stuck with me:
>be 14
>go in for my dishwashing shift
>the grumpy mexican manlet that's usually my "co"worker is gone
>in his place is this tall well-dressed black guy in his late twenties
>he's well spoken and seems intelligent
>he asks to run the machine and have me go bus tables
>sure why not
>come back later he's accumulated a pile of half eaten food from customer's plates and he's stuffing his face with it
I always wondered if it was like a fetish thing or something.

>Be 1997 or 1998
>Go to shitty little diner near strip mall
>Always had decent meals there in the past
>They bring out the bread bowl while we're reading the menu
>Take a roll out of bowl, a roach runs across the table
>We all leave and go to Outback Steakhouse
>Diner is still there, haven't been back since 2011 or 2012, only because a friend had a job there for a month and I drove her home

The grease wasn't changed in the deep fryer for a whole winter, like 3 months. The guy who did it every few days quite in November and no one took his place. In March an assistant manager asked when it had been changed and no one even knew where we put the old grease.

Also, we catered and one guy would drink all the alcaholic drinks people hadn't finished. I caught him gulping wine and he said, " this shits $80 a bottle, I'm not letting it go to waste!"

These are leftovers from plates that have been served to customers. This absolutelt isn't normal.

Not all duck liver is foie gras

----

If they're in a home aren't they usually severely senile and/or incontinent?
If your gran doesn't know who you are or who she is for that matter are they still the same person, are you prepared to wipe the arse of a stranger?
Surely euthanasia is the best option at this point, it baffles me medical science is pouring all it's resources into keeping old and fat people alive

>it baffles me
>putting resources into keeping old and fat people alive

Lel, you have to be kidding.

>When I complain because that sounds disgusting, the chef assures me that "we're going to boil it anyhow, it's fine"

Seems like sound logic to me. Not like they buy new glasses for every customer or anything.

>cooking board
>doesn't know what a fucking reduction is
Fuck you

Used to work at a burger joint. I was on grill, my boss on MUT.(make up table) He dropped a patty in the trash, fished it put it on the burger, wrapped it up and sent it out. I immediately reported him and remade the burger.

this makes me so sad

>this shits $80 a bottle, I'm not letting it go to waste
kek

use to work at chipotle, and we would regularly stack dishes on the floor because there were so many and we were so understaffed to keep up with them. also at one of my old stores there was a rat infestation and were living in the cooling unit underneath the cold food/salsa. they never replaced that unit as far as i know. also that store was where a pimp was busted for trying to solicit underage highschool girls into becoming prostitutes. this was after i left there

>grow up down the street from semi-famous delicatessen
>have some really nice memories of that place, like my mom taking me there for god-tier French vanilla ice cream when I was in kindergarten and had a sore throat, or getting (and proceeding to fall asleep in) mashed potatoes at midnight after returning from a trip jetlagged as fuck and not having eaten in a day and a half
>start to notice things going downhill a little before I start college
>first it's just little things, like they'd mess up an order very slightly, but they're kinda busy or it's a weekend or the waitress' English isn't so great or... so it's understandable
Then it started accelerating downhill.
>go for dinner with my family on Christmas during my freshman year of college
>everyone's order is literally half fucked-up
>brother orders a pastrami sandwich with sweet potato fries, receives a fried pastrami platter with batter-dipped waffle fries
>waitress then proceeds to argue with him when he tries to point out that he ordered something different
>brother eventually gives up and eats his fried pastrami
>I order a salad, baked potato, and cup of vegetable soup and only the salad ever arrives
>and so on
>"Okay, well, it's Christmas, I guess they have their B-team."
>go back in June with my family and some clients of my father
>clients are sitting with their back to the wall
>the whole time, said wall is CRAWLING with roaches
>roach almost falls onto one of the clients
>mom and I keep looking at the wall and then at each other the whole time in some combination of horror and trying not to laugh

The place actually burned down a while ago and they were closed for a couple years. They reopened recently, presumably without the roaches...although those motherfuckers survive anything so who knows.

I've been that guy.

Mate I clean public transport, I could legit save up all the wasted alcohol I find and mix it all together and get drunk for free every single night. Too bad that'd take too much time I do cleaning/people might catch me.

I did find a box of unopened lindt chocolate once which I gorged on on my lunch break tho, shit was awesome.

Here's one from my sister. She and her husband were at a pretty nice, although small, restaurant in Chicago. While they are having their first glass of wine, a big ass nasty roach, she said almost 3 inches, comes crawling out on the wall, right in the middle in plain view of all the diners. A cook had to come out with a towel and get this thing off the wall. Needless to say almost anyone who saw this thing got up to leave the place.

I used to wash dishes at a deli.
>about to close the kitchen
>ask the idiot fry cook to roll the breader station over to my area
>it's his 2nd week here and he's already been reprimanded for undercooking fried chicken as well as showing up for work filthy
>notice a bunch of tiny black things in the tub that contains breading
>they're roaches
>ask jackass if he noticed anything wrong with the breading
>notice none of the trash bins around him have any used breading in them
>ask him what he did with the excess breading before he gave me the station
>"i dumped it back into the bin with the fresh breading, why throw it out if it's going to get fried anyway? thought I would save the store some money."
>this guy somehow brought baby roaches into the kitchen with him, made fried chicken laced with them, and cross-contaminated 1-2 sacks worth of fresh breading with shit that has touched raw meat and contains roaches

From there, a manager overheard and had him fired the next day after talking to me (and having me stay late to sanitize anything he might have touched.) I still refuse to order anything from a deli hot bar after that.

Used to work at a pizza place, and i never saw them clean the pizza cutter. Got told to just hit the cutter on the inside of some nasty plastic cup when I asked them about cleaning it.

>Be in some shithole state.
>Get coupons for a locally owned burger place down the road.
>Drive up there.
>"Maybe they have an outside dining area?"
>Walk around the building.
>No outside dining area.
>Walk by dumpster with a partition around it.
>Gap in partition.
>Through gap see restaurant employee sitting in folding chair getting his heroin kit set up.

I turned 180 and went to Arby's. Keep your Hep-C Burgers, you classless fucks.

Place is called Arthur's

yelp.com/biz/arthurs-anderson-cincinnati-5

He made it up

I was at an ethnic Chinese place once and got brought the wrong order. After I took several bites the waitress took my plate back, went to the kitchen, and then came out about three seconds later with what I'm pretty sure was the exact same plat eand gave it to the guy sitting at the next table.
The lady in charge of the place also shouted at a todler until it shut up, so all in all it was actually a great experience.

I've seen servers and dishwashers scavenge food leftover from customers' plates plenty, but in the half dozen places I've worked I've never had a chef who would consider serving food to customers from a plate that was already sent out, unless it was just going to the same person because they wanted it cooked a little more or whatever.

I worked as a barback for a while in a hotel. Sometimes people would get a whisky or brandy or some shit and not even touch it or only have a sip before taking off and just leaving it there.
I drank those sometimes. When it was just too good to waste.
I even if the dude had a sip it was hard liquor. Ain't gonna be germs living in that.

Pretty sure drinking liquor won't do anything to viruses.

Fuck you. The alcohol kills anything that matters. The only things it might not kill are cold and flu viruses. But I've never had those in any meaningful capacity anyway so fuck it.

[spoiler]I'm pretty sure rubbing alcohol and drinking alcohol aren't interchangeable when it comes to dealing with bacteria and viruses.[/spoiler]

they are actually

Fuck it, it was years ago and I'm still alive. And I got to drink thousands of dollars worth of free whisky and brandy.

A lacto-ovo vegetarian place in Murcia, Spain served me a "fruit tart" which was just a slab of plain agar with fruit slices on top. Most of the vegan restaurants in that country were excellent.

drinking alcohol actually kills bacteria pretty damn well. Everclear or vodka works as an acceptable substitute for a "real" disinfectant if you're in a pinch or simply don't have the good stuff around
(t. chem grad who has more booze than brains)

i know that feel. i'm from eastern europe and traditionally the only dressing we've ever used on salads was olive oil/sunflower oil, salt and vinegar. the greeks put in oregano as well i think. not to mention salads were strictly veggies + eggs and nothing else

but in recent years we've had an influx of western style dressings that use fucking mustard and mayo and yoghurt and way more oil than we're used to. and all those salad styles that have chicken breast and pork and shit. it's disgusting. i'm all for trying new things, but this shit defeats the purpose of a salad for me. the dressing basically has as much calories as the salad contents themselves. but of course the hipster shits from the capital eat that shit up since it's trendy and hip and it's "eating fresh".

Are you saying SHIT about my Ranch dressing you European pantywaist?

I bet you backwards ass girls don't even have ranch fountains there do you?
How do you dip your fucking pizza, nuggets and fries if you don't have a simple fucking ranch fountain?

these are fine with fries and some meats. would not put them on a salad ever

>Cincinnatti

Ur mom chachacha

OR put them in an actual establishment worth their life and experience

>sweating to the fuck
:)

myself in the mirror they put on the wall to make the room bigger. i was eating alone. i saw myself and almost started crying. I asked for a to go box and left. when home and straight to sleep. never finished those leftovers and never went back to that restaurant

There's a simple thing to eating alone at a restaurant.

Be slightly pretentious and arrogant. And try noticeably be unnoticed. If asked, comment on nothing. Everything was "fine, thank you". But make little noises and faces at everything. Take pauses to "think".
And above all, again, make a noticeable effort to be unnoticed.

They should ban those awful things.

Can confirm. The state some of these folks are in when they come into the hospital is astounding. Malnourished, dehydrated, contracted, covered in bed sores from not being turned or moved around, riddled with infections... dirty. Like, give them 3 baths and your wash cloths are still brown with lingering dirt and dead skin cells dirty. I get a lot of long term vent patients at my hoapital and theyre walking incubators for bacteria. We put them on isolation before we even get blood work back just because they all have some kind of super bug like MRSA, pseudomonas, ect.
>t. ICU nurse

Start lifting friend.
You will make friends and feel better about yourself.

i was not ready for this when i entered this thread

>burned down
Yeah, I'd investigate that heavily if I was induring them.

>Cincinnati
Hahahaah no fucking surprise there. It's a fucking shithole. Hell, most of the big cities like Toledo and Dayton are. You gotta go to the "suburbs" near them (Although Toledo and Dayton have some redeeming upper class restaurants).

I have taken home opened bottles of whiskey left in hotel rooms, I will admit. It is sterile after all.

?

>joint ash falls in fryer
>owner won't let him clean it out until end of the day
Wouldnt one be fired on the spot for smoking weed in the kitchen?

I'm the seafood """"Specialist""""" (discount manager) at a grocery store

my coworker andy routinely drops shit on the floor, picks it up while checking to see if anyone saw, and puts it back into the case

then when he's restocking the fresh fish he'll put the boxes onto (and often into) the trashcan for storage

he'll also take clearly spoiled fish and rinse it under the faucet as if it actually does anything, and put it back into the case

when our mussels or littleneck clams die and I throw them out, I'll occasionally catch him fishing them back out of the trashcan and putting them back into the case

as far as the worst shit I've done,
I'll sometimes order too much seafood and it'll just sit in the back room. My record was selling three week old tilapia.

I should be fired.

in fact I have "fresh" sockeye salmon right now from the 8th in the back room

Fuck you dude. Take a little pride in your work.

Too many scumbags in the food industry

The one I worked out wasnt bad outside of most everything being frozen. The manager was a retard that made the menus and then didnt order the ingredients she herself put on the menus.

I know this pain

>Meat department
>Coworkers will stack burger trays ontop of large trash cans
>Food gets cross contaminated during preparation
>Entire burger runs (300lbs or more of burger ground fresh on site) cross contaminated with pork because manager was too lazy to clean out the grinder between meats and "they all get cooked anyways"
>Products with leaky packaging, opened, expired, etc - instead of throwing it away it gets a reduced sticker and the managers hope some stupid asshole will still buy it
>Meanwhile said leaky packages ruin everything else on the shelf
>Meat displayed in the case left there for over a week if it doesn't sell
>Beef wrapped/prepared in same stations where pork and chicken are handled
>Nothing properly cleaned at the end of the day unless I do it

I never eat out by myself to avoid this exact situation.
I haven't had sushi in four years.

The worst thing I've seen at a restaurant is someone eating pasta with a fork and spoon
Learn 2 twirl

I work in an ICU and can relate to what he said to a large degree. A lot of these kinds of people are so far gone (meaning they very obviously won't recover any meaningful degree of functionality or will die as soon as they're taken off life support) that it really is a massive waste of labor, medicine, various bits of overpriced disposable medical equipment, electricity, water, etc. keeping them barely clinging to existence for days, weeks, months, sometimes years on end. It sounds cruel until you see what sort of wretched conditions a lot of them end up in after a long while and just how futile a lot of the care given to them is. A lot of it is undeniably and self-evidently a massive waste.

please everyone does this whats bad is drinking the salted cooking wine/sprites

>I work in an ICU and can relate to what he said to a large degre
You seem stupid and small minded then. If you are involved in patient care, I hope your machiavellian insane butt gets fired.

If you saw it firsthand day in and day out you'd understand. In many of these cases little to nothing will actually improve for these people in the long term and the care that's provided is either maintenance on something that isn't worth maintaining or just flat out pointless and done for no other reason than extracting insurance money out of them. Try working in one of these places before talking out your ass.

having a good laugh at all this autism lads

I worked in two nursing home kitchens.

There was a practice called cooler soup. Where at the end on the month all expired items in the walkin coolers would be put in boiling water for soup.

Shit like eggs, meat, vegetables, miscellaneous sauces, ANYTHING

This thread is depressing as it is disgusting.