You have 20 minutes to explain why you don't own a Wüsthof Classic Ikon 8'' Chef's knife (150 word limit)

You have 20 minutes to explain why you don't own a Wüsthof Classic Ikon 8'' Chef's knife (150 word limit).

>X50CrMoV15
>$160
this is a joke, right?

Because I have a Global 8"

I fell for the tojiro meme.

Because an RHS of 58 is for garbage you buy at your local supermarket on sale for 5 bucks.

I do. It was given to me as a gift. Nice knife, but I almost never use it because I'm one of those guys who uses a Chinese cleaver for everything.

You watch Chen Kenichi use his cleaver and you wonder why there are any other blades.

Because 8" chef knives are for girls.

What do you use, macho man?

hey, there are plenty of things you shouldn't use a chinese cleaver for
you also need a chinese meat cleaver

A chainsaw, pussy.

Fuckin samurai sword, like a real man.

>hey, there are plenty of things you shouldn't use a chinese cleaver for
Guess I don't do those things
>you also need a chinese meat cleaver
No I don't. Rarely cook meat at home. I have meat when I go out to eat. At home why bother with the stuff? More trouble than it's worth.

because I bought a set of Paula Deen's knives when they were 90% off after she got caught using bad words. It works fine and I'm not picky.

wat?

Do you live in Burkina Faso?

Because I did research and bought the best knife I found in my price range, rather than buying some discount garbage I'd quickly learn to hate .

Also this

Because I own a Victorinox 12" with a rosewood handle

Nope. I just cook mostly vegetarian. Actually most of what I make a vegan could eat, so I almost never have to think about cross-contamination. And the groceries are cheap as fuck, because beans, veggies and grains are much cheaper than meat and dairy. Leaves me plenty of money to buy wine and go out to eat when I get bored with my own cooking, but that happens like three times a month, sometimes four.

So when you said meat is more trouble than it's worth you meant that the extra cost somehow causes you trouble? Like you have difficulty counting very high so the extra cost makes paying difficult or something?

uh oh the carnist internet defence force has arrived

Trouble in cost, concerning myself with cross contamination and having to use it before it goes bad. It's much easier and cheaper to just live off dried beans and legumes, in season fresh veggies and grains at home, then go out for some meat made by a guy whose job is cooking meat. If you have the money to spend it's gonna be better than what you could do yourself anyways. Basically I'm a cheapskate at the market so I can not worry about the prices when I go out to eat.

me too senpai i like it doe

My $37 Victorinox does everything I need and I'd rather spend that money on a dozen three course meals the next time I'm in Spain.

these

Masaokis is that you?

>people will unironically argue that an inarguably better product isn't better
get a fucking job niggas

Why do people spend hundreds of monis on a single knife? I am cooking at home and I do enjoy cooking. I don't buy a knife with shitty steel and shitty handle, but I see no reason to pay shitloads of monis just for a name of some cockgoblin to have a 'good brand'.
I am also poor.

I don't deny it's better, just that "good enough" is good enough.

It lasts longer because you're gentler with it for fear of breaking it.

>inarguably better
X50CrMoV15 is only "better" than white #2 if you're a fucking tard who thinks a chef knife is a can opener

I'm sorry you're too stupid to be trusted with tools for adults

>lasts longer
I see. I am happy with having a knife that lasts ONLY 10 years or so. I'll buy a new one I guess.

Unless it was STALKER Ivan reference, in which case I apologize in advance.

Because I have a bob Kramer, and a shun, and a mijabi

But I do. Here's my thoughts

The handle is fun for about 10 minutes before getting boring
The steel is good for german stuff, but subpar compared to swedish shi or jap HSS
The weight is obnoxiously forward
Pretty easy to grind edges, but chips like a bitch despite how soft it is
I use it maybe once a month, mostly when I wanna go fast but nothing too precise or heavy
This shit right here
meme brands are one thing, nice jap steel is another
Completely diff things nigga

Because the Wusthof Grand Prix 2 is superior

I have a Miyabi 8" I have some smaller Wüsthof stuff, because it's quality gear, but it would be redundant with what I already have.

Pretty sure my pairing knife is Wüsthof but I can't tell because the fucking labels on the knives are gone in like 10 months.

does the grip match your fedora?

Because its not 10"