Milk

All my life I've consistently drank quite a bit of milk, mostly 2% and whole. Recently however I've been exposed to the notion that milk is bad for the human body once we hit certain age. Now I see alternatives, like soy milk, but I've also read about soy leading to man breasts, something to do with estrogen. Then there's almond/cashew milk which is what I'm having now with a bowl of Trader Joe's cereal. Anyway, my question is, what is the best milk alternative? Or is milk the best?

>classic image.jpg

All of those things you've heard are memes and not true.

Whole milk is best milk.

>Recently however I've been exposed to the notion that milk is bad for the human body once we hit certain age.
Some people stop being able to digest lactose as they age. If you can still digest lactose, you can still drink milk.

The phytoestrogen stuff is mostly bullshit (they're real, but won't have an effect on a healthy adult), but there's not really any reason for you to stop drinking milk unless you're having trouble digesting it. If you are lactose intolerant your options include lactose free milk, lactase supplementation, and milk alternatives like plant milks.

>milk
>phytoestrogen

Goat milk GOAT milk. It's got a comparable nutritional profile to cow milk, but with an incredible musky flavor that no other milk has.

Milk is for babies
Wow where is the confusion in this say so.
Rice milk is not bad
Coconut milk isnt bad
Soy milk isnt bad
Cashew, whatever seed milk
Its all a matter of moderation firstly what sort of health are you in and where do you want to lead it

Literally the opposite, shouldn't give babies/children milk.

And it's so goddam CREAMY. Smooth and rich and way better than cow juice

You gotta get your calcium from somewhere.
Nothing wrong with milk.
Honestly we know little about the exact and precise results about food.
I'd say, don't listen to folks that preach how certain foods are bad and shouldn't be eaten and just eat varied and in moderation.
And of course use your head a bit, veggies are good for you.
Can't go wrong with that.

just drink milk man
it's not like it's going to kill you. worst case, you just piss out the excess minerals like vitamin c

>opposite, shouldn't give babies/children milk
Wow this world has done shit to you

The only reason in this world for milk to exist is for babies

Get away from your own thoughts as they are putrid

Human milk is for babies, cow milk is for calves.

You're going to die anyway no matter what you do. How about, past a certain age, you formulate how you want to live your life instead of being so worried about the autistic screeching of other people.

Milk is fucking delicious, drink it. Or not. Up to you.

>current year of our lord 2017
>still drinking cow milk

kek

Cmon
This week bait
Calves are babies from cows

Are you a lost babe?

So some humans evolved with the ability to digest lactose past infancy because they're supposed to be drinking human breast milk into adulthood?

The majority of people have some form of lactose intolerance actually. Those who don't go ahead, I think milk is shit but go drink it if you want. Also youu kindam issed the point.

That's why I said SOME people. It's more likely that people who domesticated cattle and relied on them for food more were more likely to pass on genes for lactase persistence, meaning cow's milk is not only for calves but for the people who evolved to consume it. You missed my point.

Saying cow's milk is only for calves is like saying you can't eat seeds because they're for growing new plants.

Wow
Stretch the truth farther if at all possible
Even if its for the pure entertainment

>evolved to consume it
No it's evolved to be able to digest it. We evolved to eat fruits for example. The composition of cow milk is very different from human breats milk, it's stupid to think it's the optimal food for human babies. That's the only thing I said at first.

i think he was referencing the way we obtain said milk... there has to be a calf first in order for the milk to flow.. which is something the dairy/meat industry abuses to abhorrent levels, mind you.

oat milk
you're welcome

feel sad for you

OP look at sugars in those milks, some of them can be high. generally speaking coconut and almond have the lowest values of sugar

Read OP's post. He expresses concern about phytoestrogens in soy milk.

>wow where is the confusion in this say so.
That was actually beautiful

You make good arguments here

This might be a homer

There's a shitload of hormones in cow milk, it causes acne and other problems.

The only worthwhile arguments against it are the sugar content, the POTENTIAL ingestion of artificial hormones, and the way it's harvested (cow rape, separation from family, containment conditions). Anything else about estrogen and calcium leeching from bones is simply unsupported.

Organic milk from happy cows along with proper exercise and dental care is about as god-tier as you can get, family. By the way, floss your teeth.

There's nothing wrong with drinking milk into adulthood.
According to the Hadiths, Muhammed (peace be upon him), often drank milk or ate dates for his meals.

>Goats milk
>Goat cheese
>Goat meat

It all tastes exactly the same to me, like slightly musky feet. Mutton/lamb to a lesser extent as well.

>I'm a dumb gullible idiot