Country

>country
>average cost of food per month for you (1 person, including eating out)
>how many times you eat out per month
>exercise? trying to slim/bulk?
>favorite store

Australia
About $400/month
Almost never
Gym 5 times/wk - bulk
None

>country
U.S., Minnesota
I budget $200 but usually spend less
As often as mom, bf, or brother want to. I usually only get a coffee or tea because I like to eat clean.
Cardio. No. Just maintaining my sub-20 BMI
>favorite store
Costco, Cub, Trader Joe's, Aldi, farmers' markets, dad's garden. Sometimes stop in more upscale stores for niche items like dulse flakes, and not everything is expensive at Whole Foods. Napa cabbage was $1.50/lb the last time I was in one.

Also Kwik Trip for a 40 pound box of bananas when I haven't been finding discounted ripe ones elsewhere. I like to always have frozen bananas in my freezer.

Japan
70,000 yen (625 USD)
Gym 3-4 times a week, bulking
Local supermarket I guess?

plate of tendies goes for about 7 GBP, don't take much to get by

Are you a real jap or stupid gaijin piggu?

Australia
$200 a month on groceries and maybe $300 on eating out
>20? (a lot)
>weights and cardio. Not trying to change weight
>My local butcher

Australia
$100 a month
I dumpster dive so does that count?
I play chess
McDonalds

US
$150
once or twice
Barely

the latter

Go home whittu piggu

>>country
Netherlands
>>average cost of food per month for you (1 person, including eating out)
€100
>>how many times you eat out per month
0-1 times, only when friends want to
>>exercise? trying to slim/bulk?
Cycling to work and stores every day, lift weights at home
>>favorite store
Lidl

>I dumpster dive so does that count?
ny niggah

Canada
About $600/mo (Will probably dwindle back down to $400 when uni classes start again)
4 days~ each week with my gf
I run if that counts
Kinton Ramen

Germany
150€/month
Never eat out, always cook for me and my roommates (so 450€ for 3 persons)
Cardio 4x a week (24BMI)
Local grocery stores/farmers market on weekends

Live in Ameriland.
$183/month to cook and eat at home.
Eat out/get take away maybe 12 times per year IE about once a month on average, so that's gonna go up to about $205/month.
I exercise for maintenance.
Different stores for different things. I wouldn't go to, say, Aldi, expecting to find bac ha any more than I would expect to find prosciutto at H-Mart.

Germany
About €250
I don't eat out
Exercise at home, every two days. Bulking.
Kaufland, LIDL

UK
I don't count. Probably about £100-150.
Never
Slimming. No exercise.
I just go to the closest one.

I buy all my food at grocery outlet stores

Czech Republic

3000 czk per month... which equals approx
$170

Eat out around 2 times a week. So 8 times a month.

Swim workout 3 times a week. lots of bacpacking/hiking. Skating etc...

Migros (in Switzerland. makes me realize the trash that we have here)

yeah about 6 bucks a day if i want to eat pretty good. our 180 month. but if i wanted to save i could drop to maybe 2 bucks a day. but i like eating the good shit.

maybe eat out 4 times a week. but that is just anything besides the grocery store. haven't sat down and ate in a restaurant in probably 5 years.

>all these budgets of $100-250
how

i buy a gallon of milk, some corn, and chicken and i'm already at like $25

On work days I usually eat lunch in our canteen. That leaves breakfast and dinner, so €250 is adequate. All I drink is water, coffee and water mixed with homemade elderflower syrup so I save a lot there. I rarely eat meat.

I assume people just eat very poor quality meat and dairy, and maybe never purchase alcohol

last quarter was 5% back on groceries for my credit card (limited to $1500 in purchases after which it's only 1% back), and I went over the limit by $75

but then again I basically avoid pasteurized cheese, and CAFO beef, and stuff like that. and I drink nightly. not a lot, just one or two, but it adds up since I don't drink garbage

Gallon of milk is $4 regular, $5-$6 organic.
Corn, in season, is anywhere between 4-10 ears for $1. Chicken, depending on the cut (or if getting it whole), variety and whether it's organic or not is anywhere between 95¢-$8/lb.
These are Whole Paycheck (IE Whole Foods) prices, by the way.
So, 10 ears of corn, 1lb of organic boneless chicken thighs and a gallon of organic milk is $15, a full $10 under your number. Around here, anyway.
Those same purchases elsewhere would cost me only $9. And it's the corn that would be more expensive, paradoxically. WF has super cheap prices on corn in the summer, but I don't shop there.

Or we know how to shop better than you do.

well, considering you regard "organic" (presumably, USDA) as an acceptable benchmark of quality, we obviously have different standards for what we'll intentionally consume

I realize you probably are the guy boasting about his $6/lb ribeyes in the other thread, so we're not really going to see eye to eye on this stuff

chicken breast at convenient store 2 dollars.
can of corn 50 cents.
milk 4 dollars, lasts a week so about what 40 cents a day.

>1 chicken breast and a can of corn with milk lasts a week

Dakota fanning?

i said about 6 bucks a day. but the milk will last a week for me. so chicken breast a day our some tuna or a big mac.

I never said anything about 'organic' being about 'quality.' I never said anything about ribeye on Veeky Forums, ever so no, I'm not whoever the other poster is.

And I'm not trying to pick a fight, just pointing out that if someone is complaining about prices, like the other poster had, s/he probably shops beyond their means.
Also (and again, not trying to pick a fight, just genuinely curious) why did you mention your credit card purchasing and getting 5% back had you remained under the limit?

food is important to me
I don't agonize over the price of good food because it's non-negotiable as far as I'm concerned
the only reason I know how much I spent last quarter on groceries in particular is that I checked my rewards statement and I though it was odd that my final $75 purchase only got me 1% kickback instead of 5%

if I have to choose between fancy clothes, a fancy phone, a vacation, or whatever, vs. food, I choose food

not everyone feels that way. some people would rather eat $2 chicken

we all have our "thing" that we think is a big deal, for me it's food and not having 1200 channels of 4k sports on demand

here a single ear of corn is $1, so hearing you can get 4-10 for $1 is insane to me

Out of season, they're about $1 each, yeah, but from Flag Day through Labor Day, they're 4-10 for a buck 'round these parts. The peak is around Independence day, with 10 (or even 12) for $1. Usually, it's close to 4.

That makes sense. I thought that the reason you mentioned it might be something like that.
I love food, too, and while I can certainly afford to spend more on it, I love to find deals more. I'd make a Jewish Scotsman blush with how miserly I can be.

As an aside, because you spend so much more on food that I do, where do you shop? What do you cook? Have any photos to show? Or have you posted any that might be on Warosu? Or a recipe or guide you posted here? Quite curious. I post stuff all the time, but have a feeling you'd scoff at most of it.

Are we including alcohol consumed at home?

Australia
$600 ($1200) if including alcohol
20+
No exercise
Coles

i'm trying to eat as much natural protein as possible because im working out to build muscle. what is the cheapest yet still healthy source of protein? i get chicken tenderloins for like $4 for a pack of 4, or two hamburger steaks for like the same price. not a huge fish guy, like shrimp and crab though

bulk chicken quarters or whole chicken. roast them whole. it's easy as fuck to quarter the chicken yourself.

USA northern Haiti (FL)
about 500-600$ a month for me and bf
We eat out frequently because bad habit maybe 6-7 times a month or more. (I include pizza or mcdonalds in this)
Try to get the recommended 30-60 mins of good exercise a day, may skip a day or two here or there
Best store is pubelickers but winn dick and walmart are acceptable in lieu of publix.

>roast
how about throwing them in a frying pan with butter

>i get chicken tenderloins
That's the most expensive part of the chicken. Go for leg quarters or whole chicken.

Pork loin is often very cheap as well.

>U.S. - Texas
>$25
>0
>Maintain
>Food Town (Produce) - Kroger (coupons) - Sam's Club (Frozen Vegetables)

I try to budget $300-350 a month. That's a single dad who has his kid every weekend.

Im kinda retarded when it comes to it. I'll take the the time to save 30 cents on a can of corn and then spend $30 at the food court at the mall. I keep a mental tally and always hit my budget though.

The Netherlands
€300
Never
I go for a jog every morning
Hoogvliet

>USA
>Around $200
>8-10 if we're including cafe pastries
>Occasionally, slimming via diet
>Trader Joes

>country
Argentina
$340 USD
Almost daily if fast food counts.
If we are talking fancy restaurants then at least once or twice per month.
Joined a gym recently
>favorite store
Buenos Aires Chinatown has the greatest variety in fish and rare spices. Also freaky Japanese products, mooncakes, those Melona Korean ice creams... it's always fun to shop for ingredients there

Including alcohol and those fancy restaurants my expenditures are probably around $500-550 USD

>>country
Malaysia
>>average cost of food per month for you (1 person, including eating out)
RM40 give or take, that's like 8USD a month.
>>how many times you eat out per month
16 times, just for lunches.
>>exercise? trying to slim/bulk?
Starting to, counting calories right now and lots of walking.
>>favorite store
The one closest to me, so this local market, HERO.

Man publix doughnuts are like 80 cents a piece walmarts are 56 a piece. I know walmart doughnuts suck but i would rather save 2 $ and some change get 8 plus both come pre cooked anyway.

>country
USA (Brooklyn, NY)
Less than $100, unless I go out to eat at a nice place that month, then double that
4-5
HIIT with kettle bells 2-3x/week
>favorite store
Chinese grocery a couple blocks away where I can get a week's worth of food for $10 - $15

Michigan, USA
$400 or so
5-10
I try to be "active"
Plum Market

>country
Australia
Around $500 but I don't really count
Twice a week
I'm a big healthy guy and I work a physical job so I just eat what I feel like when I'm hungry.
>favorite store
Coles just opened up a big new store near my house, it's not my favourite store but it's convenient so they get lots of my money.

>doughnuts
>coming pre-cooked

Is this the new sliced bread? Since when do they cook them?

USA
~$200
eat out about once a month
Trying to gain weight
Shoprite

Doughnuts are fried batter.. by definition cooked. You retarded?

Well I guess we got another 30 days til they go back to school and people can take jokes again. I'm waiting.

>Denmark
>4000 DKK = $621
>3-4
>None at all
>Meny

>country
Chile
Probably something like $100 - $150
Once or twice, if at all
I ride my bike quite a bit. Not trying to slim or bulk or anything in particular, I just ride a lot and eat a lot
>favorite store
Flea markets

>US
>$100
>I don't own a car, commute by bike
>Aldi's

Yeah I'm putting mine in Pre-K. Maybe you can go to a comedy class, people might even laugh. You have no sense of humor.

>8 USD a month
Wut?
What the fuck are you eating?
Mud cakes?

he lives in Malaysia. u can easily eat for cheap or for free in malaysia

GEESUS

How in the world can anyone in Czechistan get by on 3000czk per month of food? Living off of rholiky and yogurt? Prague here BTW.

America
80/month
No times
I use an elliptical and lift hand weights sporadically- I am often too tired or busy.
None.

France
200€ / month
Never, I prefer to cook for myself or have my roommates cook for me
Used to run three times a week but I'm being kinda lazy atm
Neither, I'm already slim and fine with it
LIDL is based

>$25
What? How is this possible?
Are you factoring the 3.75$ a month for Sam's Club membership as well?

I eat loads, man.
For example, one lunch I had white rice with a side of fried chicken, vegetable soup, curry, and tempeh. Cost around RM7 w/o drinks.

Also I'm stupid, it said per month but I counted per week. So actually RM160/32USD.

>has to drop the fact that she has a cunt the size of a 7-person tent flopping back and forth between her legs
>has to pepper her post with "super quirky" and "naughty" little quips
I really don't like the things women do, I hate all of their instinctive behaviors.
How does anyone financially excuse taking one of these creatures out 7 times a a month?

>country
Germany
200 €
I never count but I would guess 2-5 times.
Jogging.
>favorite store
Penny and Lidl

>Netherlands
>About €200
>Like 3 times a year
>Used to, but not anymore
>Albert Heijn (all other stores in my city are muzzie and/or pole breeding grounds)

>about 40 cents a day
Go back to school

Germany, currently down to 80€ because im on unemployment benefits. usually arround 200-300

Canada
between 200-400 dollars including eating out
2-4 times(this includes fast food though, usually I get some jerk chicken or something every once in a while, I rarely eat at restaurants)
Big lifts, I am trying to maintain 210lbs, go to the gym about 10-12 hours a week, 5 days with 2 rest days
No frills, its all the same produce but cheaper, good for pork and chicken too, but if im cooking for others and need quality beef/duck/whatever I will go do a decent butcher I've been using for years.

I work in a kitchen around 11 hours a day and usually eat dinner there, which is great because I can basically get a free 1500 calories which is awesome for gyming it up after work, the days I don't go I'll usually just eat salad and veggies.

Eating is expensive :(

>Go back to school

>implying user isn't rounding 7 days up to ten and getting 40 cents from that as a result of common core being absolute cancer
School is the reason he's doing this, shit's gotten abysmal.

>country
Poland
about 500zł, that's approximately 140 USD
about 6 to 10 but nothing fancy
lifting weights 3 times per week, cutting atm
>favorite store
the nearest one

>country
estonia
€400
more than once a day
no
>favorite store
none

California
~100$
eat out maybe once a month, but generally no.
Ride a bike up to 60 miles a week, no slimming, no bulking, no car, just gotta get to work.
Smart & Final. Not quite as niche as a Vons/Joes/other supermarket, but not quite as bulk as a Costo.