/alck/ thread

Last thread is fizzing out

whine here, cry here, or just continue drinking here. i just got back from a bike ride to the gas station. probably lost 5 lbs in sweat, followed by dry heaving as soon as i got in the house. just starting my latest beer taper. how are you folks doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kVwdzy5efEk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

swigging from a Landshark, my first beer of the day. feels good.

>landshark
>ripping off SNL when it was actually funny

my company want to send me on a work trip to Saudi Arabia for two weeks and it doesn't seem like I have much choice in the matter

I'm going to literally have to quit my job over this as 2 weeks without drinking would kill me, but drinking in Saudi would also get me killed

I don't even know how you'd go about finding alcohol there

fuck

Explain the situation to your doctor and get some benzodiazepines like valium or librium. they will prevent you from getting alcohol withdrawals.

>Cant drink with other people without waking up the next day feeling guilty as hell, wondering what kind of stupid offensive shit I might've said this time
I don't like this feel

Hey imagine how bad it feels to wake up in jail and learn you ran over somebody :)

I sold my car so I couldn't do that.

Smart thinking! Alcoholics don't really do too well along with gangbangers and rapists, I imagine.

Day 3 without alcohol and I feel surprisingly good

Congrats, how was the withdrawal? Any?

Drink mouthwash

>tfw neet
>tfw just spent $10 at the dollar store buying a six pack of gook beer and some aussie knock off of redds apple ale

Oz told me I would become a fucking based outsider with a qt bf and a Muslim friend

lol

I remember Oz. Nothing against gay sex but all the episodes started being loaded with it. Not sure why they did that. They made prison look like some homosexual romance novel.

lol all mouthwash in Saudi is alcohol-free the bastards

Hello friends!!!

duno if the same user will read this, but I poured those bottles down the drain like you suggested

a week ago I bought a couple bottles of vodka after being 3 months sober, dont know why, just had the sudden urge (had a meetup with some old friends, unemployed, felt like a loser)

thanks again for those words man

I just got a DUI this weekend. What should I expect?

Depends on the state. Expect to pay about 5k. Do a drug and alcohol assemsment. License suspension for 30-days if it's your first one. Maybe an ignition interlock device for a year.

I just got my interlock removed after 5 years. I will be time-travel drunk and still not want to drive after hoops I had to jump through last time. Don't drink and drive.

Probation, classes, interlock, community service, county jail

Really depends on your state, if you refused breathalyzer/how high you blew, priors, etc

Depends on a thousand factors. You'll probably just be banned. I've got 2 DUI convictions. Just means I walk more and am pissed off about my monthly car repayments.

My mother has just been diagnosed with cancer.
And here's me thinking that I drank a lot before.
Well, here goes.

If my daughter ever gets with a nigger, I would drop her off in the hood and disown her right away

I stopped drinking for a month and had a 2 day binger on Sunday and Monday and I legit don't think my body can handle alcohol anymore

Yesterday I suddenly lost all energy in my body around 6PM and slept 12 hours and all of today my blood has just felt dirty and toxic and yuck

I guess this makes for a good incentive to not revert to how I used to be where I'd have a 4 day binge every other week but shit dude is this a sign that my liver is getting terrible at filtering out this stuff?

Good. I only drank 8 beers and 4 shots of wiskey this last weekend. Last weekend I drank an 18 pack and almost a whole bottle of Old Crow, so this is an improvement

Been there way to often. 2 days sober now. Trying to go 2 weeks to at least a month. Feels good waking up remembering when I fell asleep and not feeling guilty about anything.

Hi there

Other posters are correct, depends a lot on state. I got a OUI April 2015. . . I refused the breath test and my right to drive (in the state I was in, not completely) was revoked for 6 months. Attorney cost me $5k, I ended up beating it at trial though so worth it. Another $2k for court fees, a new car, insurance.

>tired of being an alcoholic
>tired of buying shitty vodkas
>use belvedere to taper
>no hangovers or fogginess
>feels good man

Anyone feel like greentexting hangover/withdrawal stories?

Heres mine
>Wake up
>Skin is dry and itchy
>Face is red and blotchy
>Nausesous
>Anxiety
>Piss is cloudy and dark yellow
>Inside of mouth tastes terrible
>White plaque on tongue
>ANXIETY
>Hands shaking lightly
>Legs feel trembly
>Inside of mouth tastes like shit even after brushing, food tastes worse
>Body is giving off a funk, not like BO, but like alcohol is still seeping out of my pores
>DID I MENTION ANXIETY

Fuck.....anway, 4 tallboys of natty later, and i'm feeling kinda normal

Anyone else get similar symptoms?

Not them but you did the right thing, theres no good that comes of binge drinking. Vodka is the devil. I "just wanted to have some fun" starting Thursday and now I am having to do very careful tapering thanks to 1 night that turned into 4 days. SUCKS.

Never been in your situation so I cant offer any input. Best wishes though.

Not (yet) an alcohlic, but i recently (2 months ago) got my first blackout. And following my boredom i just like to drink, anywhere from half a bottle of booze (0,35L) to one and a half(1,05L) almost daily and some of these are blackouts, i usually take three/two 40 ml. Is this normal

>i usually take three/two 40 m
>i usually take three/two 40 ml at oece
is what i meant to say

checkmarks next to everything but hands shaking or wobbly legs. literally down to the same kind of piss though. that cloudy yellow toxic stuff. havent been able to brush my teeth today or yesterday because i would just start puking. beer taper if you can afford it.

>lay in bed most of the day and sometimes get up just for a change of pace. try to drink water along with a 5% beer every 1.5 - 2 hours as part of taper. this was the worst ive eer sweat today. i was puking in the sink and just that made my face get all red and sweat was just beading down my face and head

daily drinking is how you end up withdrawals if you try to quit. its the great trap all alcoholics get caught in eventually. you wake up and saw im done with this, but soon you realize you feel so horrible mentally and physically, its impossible not to take a few drinks to make it go away. pay close attention to your hangovers and look for anxiety, sweaty, puking. these are common signs of withdrawal

>feel so horrible mentally
I already kind of do
>pay close attention to your hangovers and look for anxiety, sweaty, puking. these are common signs of withdrawal
Thing is i 'naturally' sweat a lot even when wlaking in 75°F weather, and i never get habgovers, at all. Neither do i puke or have anxeity, i am only 'annoyed' at people for interacting with me
Im afraid actually, my father drank his 1 to 5 beers daily.
Also i dont drink daily i usually only dring every second day and someitmes have a week of pause.
Sorry to burden you with that, i just had to tell somebody :/

its all good this is an alcohol thread

Why not smoke weed when you're bored instead of drinking? It's a similar vice but it doesn't have the downside of causing physical sickness if you need to quit.

Thank you man, really appreciate it.
Man, i feel like im telling my life story here but whatever. Maybe its just because my life isnt a whole lot of story | :
I used to smoke quite a bit of weed. But i am very antisocial and always got weed thru "friends" so when they stopped smoking i did to. Just like with my stepbrother whe he stopped smoking alcohol became his replacement, and i feel like it became somewhat of a replacement for me too.

An ecouraging factor was that the mother of a flatmate gave me her alcohol cabinet, so i had access to ample alcohol with no cost or hassle. I really hope my akwardness and shyness outweigh my need to buy alcohl.

Google kindling

>needing to taper after each drinking bout
This gets so fucking tiresome

>thread for alcoholics
>no one's drinking

So what's everyone drinking tonight? For me it's titos.

holy shit, are you me?

Is it true that heavy drinking causes you to look older or is that just a teetotalist meme?

it's true, and smoking as well, and the same for any unhealthy behavior really

Doubtful user here.
Finished the Cognac, Raki and the Coffee liqueur.
As well as started the Obstwasser

For sure. Its bad for your skin. Not sure how or why but everyone looks like hammered dogshit after a big night of drinking.

Work only went me in tomorrow and off until Monday because they're redoing rotas and I know for a fact this is going to make me drink from Thursday -mondsy because I'm a fucking retard and live 1 min from the shops. I leave work at 2:30am...got a night job for the sake of stopping me from drinking too much...can already feel come Monday I'm gonna just decide not to go in because I'm back in the deep end.

Even rookie drinkers know not to mix lights and darks

Mate I used to be decent looking, hot gf now I look like I'm 35 (23) and dead in the eyes...body fucked.

That's a lot of beer, user. Having a party tonight?

That sounds miserable. This shit sucks!.

Party of one, coming right up

>tfw the qt at the register tells you to be careful after ringing up your 8 cans of cheap lager

I always get this huge fat dude ringing me up at the grocery store. He looks down at all the beer and booze so longingly. Also at any food I buy. One night he commented, "looks like yer shoppin like the wife's outta town heh heh heh"

I'm guessing he's married and his wife keeps him on a diet.

summer vacation is about to end (first shift on sunday), just drank four bottles of wine and feel slightly just about drunk. i am fucked trying to be a normal human being, am i?

how do you deal with ending a month long binger?

If youve been intoxicated for that long i would personally go to the hospital. They get alcoholics every day, its nothing new to them. But I would guess youre in the trap now, no chance getting out by yourself. You know detox can be deadly, right? If you don't want to go to the ER you can look up beer tapering. its not fun and you dont feel good but its not horrible like cold turkey.

Maybe you should try buying pot off the darkweb, but i know what you mean. It can be hard to find a dealer that isn't sketchy depending on where you live.

>Even rookie drinkers know not to mix lights and darks
For what purpose?
Also each of the pottles had only a single american shot (or a double german shot) left on average.

its fuckin funny how you can dismiss doctors saying this shit to you with a nod and a laugh, but when user lays some shit on you its like, fuck, everything is real. thanks for your input man.

chances of me going to get professional help: 0%

smart

You are welcome. We are in similar situations after all.

whats up with you user?

Did a bender from Thursday - Monday with vodka and beer. 24 beers, 3.5 liters of vodka.

I have been doing better taking Naltrexone for cravings, but other things like loneliness and hopelessness eventually take their toll and I buy alcohol. I don't think I'm under any illusions about how that initial alcohol purchase is going to go down, but I do it anyway.

I...is it p..permanent?

Nah I've seen enough former alcoholics who look decent for their age. I'd say cigarette smoke is much worse for your face, and sunlight.

youtube.com/watch?v=kVwdzy5efEk

Thanks for the response user.

I don't think that I have the will power
To deal with my own life
When everything is going sour
Only getting out
To go to work or liquor stores
I can't take this spout
So I destroy my liver more

that doesnt sound like too much though, if this isnt a habbit you might just have a stand.

if this has been going on for years, yeah, its gonna take al toll on you. loneliness and that shit, i dont buy. seen 32 summers here and being by yourself is something rest of the people do not know how to appriciate

it's tuesday night, I just said bye to my gf going 3000 miles away, I cant stop chugging and I have work at 6am tomorrow

What if I wash by face and moisturise every morning and night. Even nights when I'm drunk?

this makes me feel better. at least i quit smoking :/

if you drink way too much, damage to your fucking skin is the least of your worries

I think the taper will be effective, the issue remains not starting again.
Maybe you just aren't a people person. Thank god for the internet though. Can you imagine how shitty being by yourself was before computers? I imagine those drunks holed up in some seedy motel room for 23 hours a day.

Dont wash your face with soap, leave the oil and dead skin on, it actually protects the living cells. Thats what I do and I look young for my age.
Nice. Any other tobacco use? Smokeless is better imo. The stink of burned tobacco on you and the stains on teeth and hands is nasty.

Genetics mostly but booze doesn't help. I'm 30 and when I'm carded I'm often told I don't look a day over 20. I can tell in my face though when I've been drinking too much. I get paler, and I turn red in spots. Also dry skin. It's probably dehydration.

So how long have any of you stayed drunk without sobering up? I did a five month bender where for 5 months I was never level sober. I'd wake up and drink, drink at work, drink after work, get really drunk at night, pass out, wake up in the middle of the night for a couple shots, pass out, wake up, drink, go to work and drink, repeat. I don't remember most of it and had to go to medical detox. I still drink but not like that, I'll never go through that kind of hell again.

Day three for me as well. Feeling so much better today. This morning I felt some residual anxiety, but tonight after working out and eating a big dinner, I feel great.

Fucking agreed.

Pretty sure there is some arrangement which can be made for alkies with local Saudi authority.

It means you would have to register as an Alcoholic though, and I have only known it to be a measure taken when permanent residence is the issue. You would basically be allotted a ration of alcohol which you would have purchase yourself, like a private prescription.

here, yeah, i really dont socialize much, what ever did give it away? suppose it is easier for some people.

thank the fuck for al/ck tho, usually i just lurk but fuck if these threads dont blow the shit out of AA and the like

The accelerated+exaggerated aging from alcohol happens on the cellular level, it's not just dehydration. If you're a heavy drinker you will look irreversibly older than if you had never drank, there's no way around it.

I top out around 4 days of being drunk. Physically cant do it anymore. 5 months is mindblowing.

Your comment about not buying loneliness gave it away.

Generic budweiser cans. Titos is quality stuff. The owners last name is Beverige or something like that.

I've seen pictures of before/after alcoholics and safe to say I didn't want to end up like that.
I'm not going to go full teetotal mode but I definitely want to cut back so I don't look like Keith Richards on a good day.

yeah, then again it serves me well at the moment. and i fucking hope itll serve me well in the future. with my looks, sense of humor and lack of confidence, its gonna be alone time or fat chicks.

i think i prefer alcohol

Whatever gets you through the night.

usually its a great ammount of alcohol, but i dont want it to be. shit sucks, amirite?

Yessir

Man when I was at my worst, which lasted about a year, I looked bloated as fuck all the time. Looking back at pictures of me from that period...it's not good. After I stopped that shit I lost a lot of weight and look so much better and healthier now.

It's not a particularly moving or impressive story, but might help stop a few of you in your tracks on the road you're headed down.

As a very young child my Mother had a very close family friend, who had a husband.

lets call him B.
>we adored family friend. Still do to this day. B is dead.
>Lost his job before I was born
>Family friend would go away on business
>B's daughter once called my Mother when she was a little girl not knowing what to do when Daddy was in bed all day for a week
>My parents go round
>B is passed out in a room he has obviously spent day in, boxes of wine and bottles fill the room around the bed.
>as I get older, I understand the situation more
>I have seen B shit himself on four occasions
>once in a car.
>once he walked around my family home with shit smearing down the back of his leg
>I have been on days out and B has had to have an ambulance turn up because of body shock from not having a drink in a couple of hours
>B almost cost his wife her job
>B has fallen asleep at parties in chairs outside and had tablecloths put over him to keep him from sunburning, he couldn't be woken up
>B embarrassed and patronized and bullied his loved ones to feel better about the pathetic man he was
>his liver was so destroyed he only needed about 4 drinks a day to stay drunk
>his hands never stopped shaking
>ever
>everywhere he went people would put locks on their cabinets and cellars
>B fell down the stairs while home alone once and by the time he regained consciousness, was too withdrawn to operate a phone
>he stayed on the floor for days
>when brought round at a hospital he couldn't remember his daughter
>he spent month after month in hospital
>became entirely sober
>left hospital
>began drinking again
>those were the only weeks he spent sober in about 16 years
>his wife never truly gave up on him, but admitted that everything would have been better if she had just left one morning leaving two bottles of spirit out so he could kill himself.

Stop

Sad. It's hell to be a bad alcoholic, not just on the family. Many of us don't know how to stop though

>tfw about to start a new job soon and can finally smoke weed again after the drug test

thank god, i'm tired of drinking

My face gets real bloated and red after a night drinking.
I think it might be because of my Irish genes.

usually when i get black out drunk at home i wake up in my bed but lately ive been waking up in the bathroom

like on the bathroom floor?