What's the best meat for chili?

What's the best meat for chili?

Also beans or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/78299/boilermaker-tailgate-chili/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Red beans if you're eating it as a meal, no beans if you're using it as a topping. Ground beef's also a safe bet, ground turkey if you want to be healthy, and bison if you're really feeling that ol' cowboy/pioneer itch.

no meat
mix in as many different beans as you can get. No lima beans.

Might as well not bother cooking it at all and call it a dip at that point.

Yes beans, you fucking ja/ck/ass. FUCK.

Kidney beans. Ground beef or tvp.

A chuck roast or any tough cut of meat. Frankly, I like Pintos rather than Red beans included. More authentic given the fact that the natives of North America developed chili, not the pale immigrants.

Goat chili separates the boys from co/ck/s

ive used this recipe two or three times and its been very fucking good, consistently.

allrecipes.com/recipe/78299/boilermaker-tailgate-chili/

although i dont add the bacon bits, Worcestershire sauce or sugar

White people BTFO FOREVER

I wonder how many people are having their persecution complexes justified by all the WHITE PEOPLE posting going on semi-recently.

People who use beans in chili deserve to be buried alive

t. Btfo sickly pale skinned boi

>t. Cincinnati spaghetti chilli cu/ck/

For health: use ground turkey as you would ground beef
For everyday: use 70/30 ground beef
For god tier flavour: use venison.

If you have money to blow, ground sirloin/ground bison and diced ribeye. I use pinto beans because close to border. If broke ground beef and pork

Ive never tried pork in chili but let me know how it goes

you know, not everything needs ground up animal in it. i'm not a vegetarian, but believe me, chili tastes better without meat.

>natives invented chilli
chilli was invented by nuns working in southern missionarys using what was cheaply avaliable with the spices of the region.

no beans at all for a red chili.

t. faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag lmao

You fat fuck.

kys mayo

I've had really good results using chorizo

TVP is shit. I'd much rather put in lentils or mushrooms into a bowl of chili than TVP.
Would you put in chickpeas or fava beans into a bowl of chili?

Not DIRECTLY chili related, but I'm trying to make a spicy tomato sauce with kidney beans and ground pork. But I'm a noob at cooking.
How do I cook the kidney beans so they are nice and soft? I don't like them too hard

If you are cooking with no beans and making a paste out of actual dried chili go with chuck. If you want even more beef flavor the only way to achieve that is going to be with bouillon.
If you are cooking with beans or go for red kidneys and ground chuck.

For cubed beef plan to spend at least 90 minutes at a simmer, ground beef can be done in 20.
I like to cook with no beans and serve along side pinto's. Red kidneys seem to hold up better when stewed though.

Toughest beef you can get. Chuck or brisket

just cooking time, and don't salt too early

Soak them overnight (8-16 hours). Then leave them cooking for about two hours.

Soaking helps them cook evenly.
Pressure cooking tends to help them hold their shape.
Most canned beans are just beans and water. More expensive but your best bet for texture.

50/50 pork and lamb

tvp is junkfood. The fat is extracted from it with hexane.

Thanks goys

I've never used just plain ground pork but spicy pork breakfast sausage makes for a really nice flavor in chili. I thought it sounded really odd until my gf made her version of chili with it and it turned out delicious. 1:1 ratio of ground beef/sirloin to pork sausage seems to work best. Pic related

not poster mentioned, but I typically will add a can of garbonzos whenever I make chilli, whether I'm doing red or white. They're one of my favorite beans, texture wise and add heartiness that may be needed depending on what other types of beans are used. For instance, I am not at all a fan of kidney beans, but do appreciate the heartiness that they add, so I'll usually swap kidneys for garbs. I also like the visual variety that they add.

If you dont mind a bunch of sage or fennel in your chili...

I'm not trying to convince anyone that it should work. I'm just telling ya it does.

If you don't put beans in your chili, i don't want to associate with you

I use minced beef if I just want to make a standard chilli.

But if I want to make it bit more special I use stewing steak chunks and stew for a long time so it starts to pull apart.

no meat or beans
heres the real authentic way to make real chile
>get dried red chile pods
>use scissors to open them up
>remove seeds
>boil chile until tender
>let cool
>blend chile in blender with some of the water used to boil it
>in a sauce pan make a roux with manteca(lard) and flour
>add blended chile to pan
>add garlic powder, ground cumin, ground mexican oregano, ground corriander, and chicken bouillon
>let simmer for bout 10 minutes
>taste for salt(if chile is bitter add a pinch or 2 of sugar and let simmer a little more)
thats how real chile is made

I use ground turkey when I make chili and taco meat. Tastes the same once the spices are added.

I like to use a mix of ground beef and bison. I use a mix of pinto, kidney, and cannellini beans.

Red beans, chicken thighs.

so we're not supposed bean in chili, and we're not supposed to put meat in chili. so what is supposed to go in chili? ketchup?

ground beef and cured bacon bits imo

I usually add beans but am not too pushed either way about them and do so more cause they're so incredibly cheap than anything else