Dirty dishes

Let's talk about the downside of cooking, dirty dishes. How do you deal with them? Got a kickass dishwasher? Make the eaters do them? Soak them overnight? Serve everything on paper plates? Do tell.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tICSUMjQJfo&index=2&list=PL23vCQuMaRzSht4hAXLzRbstZ3fMgRc6H
m.lowes.com/pd/KitchenAid-46-Decibel-Built-In-Dishwasher-Stainless-steel-Common-24-in-Actual-23-875-in-ENERGY-STAR/50374038?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-Appliances-_-Dishwashers-_-50374038:KitchenAid&CAWELAID=&kpid=50374038&CAGPSPN=pla&store_code=1149&k_clickID=f2624681-2dad-4d40-b087-8d71fd3d2858&gclid=CjwKCAjwqcHLBRAqEiwA-j4AyMoqM9xqKwj2NYkKOm4oN69fjFTWRcgnbKkx5DYtMhrcjPU7xII8QBoCpKgQAvD_BwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Clean as I go, I avoid sauces that will freeze at room temp/egg yolks as well. I normally cook, so the gf will clean except for my pans, I clean those

As soon as I moed out of my parents house, I have never seen a paper plate

I wash everything as soon as I get a chance

Like if some sauce has to simmer or something has to go in the oven, I'll utilize that time to get all the dishes washed. It's so much easier to wash them when all the shit hasn't dried and adhered.

Wife does dishes.

I use paper plates for stuff like hamburgers and hotdogs and other simple things. If I make something legit though it goes on ceramic. That said my in-house dishwasher fucking SUCKS. I've tried switching soaps but nothing seems to work and I basically have to hand wash everything before I put it in the dishwasher.

I just eat out of the pot I cooked the food in. I don't even use a fork or knife most of the time.

>he doesn't wash all his dishes immediately after using them

Your day of making it won't be for a long time friend

ur doin the hard work and might as well just hand wash it that way. let the machine do the hard work first, soften em up, then u finish em off ezpz

That's actually a solid idea, I'll try it next time a have a sink full of dishes.

What soap does Veeky Forums use?

This for me.

I do them at the end of the day.
Washing dishes is therapeutic for me.

let my bitches do them, I live with three girls. Never washed anything. I cook tho.

thanks can u tip me a couple bitcoins?

Washing dishes is the ultimate zen exercise. Figure out how to release your mind to the activity and use only exactly the right amount of effort to clean. Release to the flow state. I'm actually at the point where I enjoy prepping and cleaning as much as I enjoy cooking. In other words don't be a whiny faggot and learn to like it

I live alone so I wash my dishes manually and immediately after eating with the cheapest soap I can find, that's all.

i used to be pretty messy a couple years back, cooking taught me that dirt gets worse the longer you let it sit, so now i do my dishes straight after the meal and whatever i can during cooking

>Licking your plate clean and never having to wash it.
I'm the only fucking guy i know who does this.

If I do that shit sticks to my dishes and is harder to get off.

I got a wife. Now I don't cook or clean and I still get clean dishes and good meals.

I don't have a dish washer in my current apartment. A shame, really.

But like most people here I try to clean as I work, thus limiting the bulk amount i'll have to deal with later.

But like once every week or two I do achieve complete chaos in my kitchen which I'm afraid to touch for a day or so. And then one day spend an hour cleaning the whole place up. I really need to work on my procrastination.

I like to wash them and get them out of the way. I never understood people who kept putting thing off.

that's because everyone else who did it died

I do one of two things:
1. Clean as I go.
Once a bowl/plate/container/pot/pan/utencil has served its purpose and it's ready for washing, I wash it. I don't like to wash still-hot pots and pans, though, as I had the enamel crack on a coated CI pot. That's why I added the caveat "ready for washing." Generally, after I'm finished cooking, food is immediately moved either to a storage container, a plate or a serving platter/bowl so that the cooking vessel has time to cool off.
2. Leave it for the cleaning lady.
I have a cleaning lady who comes round a couple times a month. If I don't feel like doing dishes and it's the night before she comes, I leave them soaking for her to do. Before I started using a cleaning lady, I always did option 1, though.

>all these people who use paper plates
I only do that if I'm hosting a large-ish get-together. If it's just a simple dinner with a few friends, I use normal plates. If I've people over, I will leave the washing up for the cleaning lady, though. More time to hangout with friends that way.

>Not blasting Journey while you clean the dishes

What the fuck are you even doing?

youtube.com/watch?v=tICSUMjQJfo&index=2&list=PL23vCQuMaRzSht4hAXLzRbstZ3fMgRc6H

I just cook everything in my mouth and swallow immediately once it's done - don't have to do any washing up at all.

Thanks. Always nice to hear this.

((((Do them as you use them))))

Also realize that this can fall under the areas of "good hygiene" and "self respect" so doing them in a timely manner will help make you a better person or at least won't make you a worse person

This can also be completely sexual.

Just saying.

This guy gets it. Clean as you go. I use dish time to let my food settle and get some coffee working. By the time I finish my dishes, the coffee is ready, and I am ready for dessert.

Also, fuck room mates who don't clean up after themselves.

this

itt: retards using cookware

I let shit pile up then about once-twice a week I turn on music and get it all done in one go

>tfw you worked as a dishwasher for a year and now dishes are incredibly easy

Dishwashers are a fucking meme, the time it takes you to stand your lazy ass at the sink and stack your new dishes in with the six week old mold laden dishes in your greasy sink you could have already washed your dishes and placed them in an dish rack.

Clean as you cook, anything you're done with clean as soon as you can. Clean pots/pans, and cooking utensils after you plate your dish. Clean the rest of your dishes after you eat.

Any other method is for dumb American retards who have trouble moving their arms in a circular motion without breaking a sweat.

You make me fucking sick.

I have one bowl. One plate. One spoon. One fork. One glass, etc. Every other dish is under lock & key. If I don't wash it immediately I know I'll have to soon enough anyway. Keeps the number of dirty dishes low and never gives me the option to be a lazy fuck.

I get really stoned, put on some poppy dance music, and do my dishes every night before bed. I get autistic about it because of the weed and so everything is super clean by the end of it. It's not time effective but it's fun.

this
I do all my dishes by hand and unless you've got a large family/are having a party, dishes are quick and simple, also those square green scrubbers are god tier

>live with 3 other people
>none of them clean dishes
>I subsist off of 6 dishes/utensils entirely, cleaning them after each use
>I can't just ignore the giant pile of dishes that my roommates make because then there's no room to wash my dishes or do prep work on my food
>when they do wash dishes there's ALWAYS bits of food and shit still stuck on everything
>one fucker keeps drinking milk out of a tall, skinny glass that has inner corners at the base and leaving a few drops when he's done SO IT ALWAYS FUCKING SUCKS TO CLEAN AND I FUCKING LOVE THAT GLASS GOD DAMN IT
>I can't afford to move out
Fucking kill me

I let the dog lick them clean.

I just use boiling hot water

As a bonus it burns my hands

I used to live in a place with a dishwasher similar to yours

The best way I have found is to rinse plates/bowls/cutlery and cups under warm to hot water as soon as you have finished with them so you get the excess crap off before they get washed in dishwasher
with everything else like pots and pans or other cooking equipment you either rinse or soak them in hot water to soften the excess crap, and then scrub off the excess off after 10+ minutes

I worked as a dishwasher for 1-2 years, my kitchen is a big heap of stale old food and rotting dishes

if anything working as a dishwasher made me not want to do dishes at home

>having friends or family over ever
yeah those times are the best haha i should have a party on friday...

>live with 3 other people
you can at least live the rest of your life with the knowledge that i washed the dishes of 7 other roommates every 1-2 days, and that every single one of these roommates ignored my extremely simple 2-sink instructions for how to wash dishes for like 4 months consecutively

As a prep cook and utility worker i completely agree. Something strangely satisfying about spending less energy to wash more dishes faster, just by working smarter. Not too smarter though or i would not be washig dishes senpai

I have gone many years without a dishwasher so I have picked up just cleaning everything but my cast iron stuff at the end of the day before bed. It is a mindless exercise but I feel like it is more efficient compared to the rest of my day.

My stepdad is a fucking autist that refuses to each off of anything that has not been machine washed. It drives me insane to the point when I visit and cook for them I just lie.

m.lowes.com/pd/KitchenAid-46-Decibel-Built-In-Dishwasher-Stainless-steel-Common-24-in-Actual-23-875-in-ENERGY-STAR/50374038?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-Appliances-_-Dishwashers-_-50374038:KitchenAid&CAWELAID=&kpid=50374038&CAGPSPN=pla&store_code=1149&k_clickID=f2624681-2dad-4d40-b087-8d71fd3d2858&gclid=CjwKCAjwqcHLBRAqEiwA-j4AyMoqM9xqKwj2NYkKOm4oN69fjFTWRcgnbKkx5DYtMhrcjPU7xII8QBoCpKgQAvD_BwE

Worth every penny. You can put dishes in this thing that were in a sink for a month and they will come out spotless.

i have two roommates that never do the dishes so i get to do them all!

in fact i have a really fun cut on my palm right now because they love leaving knife surprises in the bottom of the sink for me

I let the dishwasher do it. That's what he gets paid $15 an hour to do.

if you hand wash your dishes, how do you dry them? Rag dry individually?

I eat everything on paper plates and bowls with plastic utensils and then just throw everything away after the meal.

used to be house mom for 4 messy boy roommates, did dishes in the morning

now i clean some cookware while cooking and husband does dishes/counters after meal

I let it rot and fester in my sink

C U C K
U
C
K

Uhhhh the maid does them