So Chipotle had EColi last year and now they have norovirus this year...

So Chipotle had EColi last year and now they have norovirus this year? Is this just a coincidence or is something wrong with the restaurant?

Should I stop going?

Other urls found in this thread:

fastcompany.com/3064068/chipotle-eats-itself
kleanupkraft.org/data-summary.pdf
about-hepatitis.com/hepatitis_outbreaks/view/chipotle-grill-hepatitis-a-outbreak/#.WW-7JITyvIU
ams.usda.gov/grades-standards/organic-standards
cnbc.com/2015/12/22/local-sourcing-chipotles-double-edged-sword.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You should stop good because its overpriced mediocrity

>Should I stop going?

Why would you? Fresh produce has recalls and health scares all the time. Why would that stop you from eating it though? Compared to the number of people who eat there the risk is terribly small. It's like refusing to use a computer because you might get an electric shock.

It's being contaminated by Monsanto

Norovirus is transferred through human contact. Chances are an employee there had it and it was an isolated incident.

Chipotle is just protecting us user. The slumbering gods require a blood sacrifice each year of our youngest, prettiest, and wealthiest. In ancient times this would be the sacrificial king, buried in a pit to ensure good harvest. These days we do things a bit more fairly. We serve tainted food to yuppies, being sure to make it just slightly ethnic but also unremarkible and over priced to ensure the largest yuppie cross section. Then, when the time is right, we strike with tainted ingredients. Sometimes innocents get caught in the crossfire but this is the safest, most guilt free and random way to execute appropriate sacrifices across the nation. With this years harvest of souls, President Trump will be able to renegotiate NAFTA on more favorable terms.

common filth is always right 2bh

if only you knew how to cook :(

500 PEOPLE

>muh guac

No, but you should load up on shares of Chipotle stock because, like clockwork over the last couple years, people panic sell whenever stories like this come out, and you get to buy more from retard investors who forget about value. There is no single restaurant that is more poised to corner the food market for the next decade given their popularity with millennials but whenever a foodborne illness scare comes out people suddenly turn into chickens with their heads cut off around their stock.

Yes buy the falling knife goys.

Just keeping mexican food authentic - right down to the pathogens. I thought that's what you hipster fucks wanted?

I was growing up in milwaukee when the E. coli outbreak happened at Sizzler's. I thought they completely went out of business and it blew my mind the first time I was on vacation and saw a sizzler's a decade later.

I got horrible food poisoning from Chipotle last year. Second and last time I ate there. It's not even great to begin with so I don't know why people bother with it.

Fast food espionage.

>Tfw you will never secretly sneak into McDonald's and inject a bicmac with Ebola.

Why even live?

>chipotle

you should have stopped eating at chipotle around a decade ago.

t. went to Veeky Forums one time

Its two different issues op.

A norovirus is someone who had the shits/vomiting and touched food that was served to others. I could have been an employee, and it could have been an infected bathroom by a customer off the street, but which employees also used. (This is why people judge restaurants on the cleanliness of their bathrooms, and watching employees wash their hands, etc. And, a place where norovirus can spread can also be spreading Hep A and e.coli). Both of these are tied to a single disease vector in a particular location, only. One bad manager allowing sick employees, allowing lack of handwashing, etc.

The bigger issue Chipotle had was suppliers with infected produce. There are whole restaurant chains that wont have green onions anymore. It is very hard to clean some veggies, you see, like green onions. But, if you get lettuce out? Realize it's picked by workers without proper sanitation and animals also shit in the field and it's an uncooked veggie. Rinsing is only going to go so far, and if that food is chopped up and mixed up, think of it like the salmonella of a batch of raw eggs multiplying. Any restaurant not washing their own produce but relying on regional prep runs the higher risk like that. I don't work at Chipotle, so i can't speak as to what they do or dont do, but they got their stock handed to them in disgrace and closed dozens of places for the loss of revenue. Hopefully something other than customer memory loss is happening to their businesses now. I would go a step further and hope that a chain with that much public spotlight is probably safer than your mom and pop tacqueria.

I remember reading that after the e-coli incident, they changed their steak from being cooked on premise to being sous vide in 'central kitchens' then shipped to the restaurants.

sous vide my ass. Their meat is tough as fuck. The simply don't swap their six pans and don't rotate product at all even during shift swaps.

It's a fucking shit hole across the nation and is literally sending people to the hospital.

Just learn to cook people and get off your ass and eat at home unless you want to wind up in the ER, hell even boxed knockoff Kraft Mac and Cheese is probably safer. Snag some dinty more beef stew and chef boyardee. Do not give this joke of a chain restaurant money.

B U Y T H E D I P
U
Y

T
H
E

D
I
P

here's where i read it
fastcompany.com/3064068/chipotle-eats-itself

also >mac and cheese

kleanupkraft.org/data-summary.pdf

everyone knows it's hot garbage that also happens to be poison. What are you even arguing here? It's on every new website.

fpbp
>$9+ burrito
Spend that $9 at a store and you'll have burritos for days.

>2 year return

Their "muh organic" obsession means hipster farmers who have no fucking idea what they're doing is in their supply chain and are sending in unsanitary, dangerous food into the Chipotle supply chain, and Chipotle doesn't do enough spot testing to filter them out.

Basically, retard's first organic farming mixed with aggressive top-down cost cutting measures equal food-borne pathogen outbreaks.

>allowing sick employees

Knowing most bosses, it was more of a "get here or you're fired" situation

>a place where norovirus can spread can also be spreading Hep A

That happened too.

about-hepatitis.com/hepatitis_outbreaks/view/chipotle-grill-hepatitis-a-outbreak/#.WW-7JITyvIU

Funny enough the CDC says on average, people get sick more often from dirty vegetables than dirty meat when eating out.

Yeah, some vegetables are like super hard to wash clean based on their plant' characertisics.

I stopped eating Mexican food after getting food poisoned from Taco Bell years ago.

Closest thing to Mexican food I have eaten since was nanchos.

This, I'm pretty wary of organic foods.

I believe the FDA doesn't even regulate the term "organic".

Why doesn't McDonalds or Tacobell get their stocks ravaged by all the food poisoning cases they get? Why is it only Chipotle?

Serious question btw.

chipolte serves mushy moist goop that sits at slightly above room temperature for hours on end, and wraps it in a flour tortilla. Of course there will be issues with bacteria.

You're right, the FDA doesn't regulate organic. The USDA does. The problems with organic arise when "Big Organic" operations obey the letter and not the spirit of the law, trying to bring industrial approaches to a farming system that thrives safely at small scale.

ams.usda.gov/grades-standards/organic-standards

If you think hipster farms are supplying Chipotle, you're fooling yourself. At most, locally grown produce makes up 10% of their supply.

cnbc.com/2015/12/22/local-sourcing-chipotles-double-edged-sword.html

McDonald's and Taco Bell ride their reputation as garbage food that you crave and eat and then get diarrhea. Chipotle sells itself on being high quality ingredients worthy of you paying 10 bucks for.