Are flowers Veeky Forums approved ingredients?

Are flowers Veeky Forums approved ingredients?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus_tea
youtube.com/watch?v=KDjBEY_3qCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

well figs are flowers and figs are pretty tasty

Artichokes are baller

I don't really cook them but edible ones make a nice garnish. On this subject though, can you cook and eat a sunflower?

I hear people put them in brownies.

Yeah, I think so. Foraging is one of my favorite eating hobbies and flowers ties right into it.
Read "Flowers in the Kitchen"

My mom used to put thick batter on squash blossoms them and deepfry them. There was more batter than flower. I guess using a vegetable as a substrate for fried batter makes it healthy in her mind?

Chinese lily flowers are GOAT in mushroom stirfries and soups.

had a GOAT lavender earl grey tea down in savannah with lavender buds sprinkled on top

pic related flowers, I put them into hand made corn tortillas with queso oaxaca

Squash blossoms elevate omelettes or scrambled eggs to the next level. If you plant 1-2 summer squash plants for 2 people you can harvest as many as you want to eat and still have a shitload of squash.

There's an awesome drink called sorrel that's made from flowers.

Squash blossom quesadillas!

Hibiscus drinks (tea, aguas frescas,...) are great too

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus_tea

squash blossom on grilled skirt steak let me at it

hibiscus flowers are really good in salads, and pumpkin/squash blossoms are delicious fried or in stir-fries

shit i've heard of this. are you slav?

Friends of ours have been looking into the idea of foraging for morel mushrooms. Have you tried this? I don't know the first thing about foraging but I lived in VT for 21 years and while I was there I learned the highly valuable skill of "walk through the woods every day for hours due to boredom," which I assume would come in pretty handy while foraging.

this is great. It's an old guido thing. But fuck if it don't make you shit like a horse race.

I had that somewhere. Delicious.

Artichoke!

youtube.com/watch?v=KDjBEY_3qCI

Underrated

Morels can be notoriously hard to find, especially if you wander out looking for them. I'd recommend they join a local mycology community and learn about foraging and identifying wild mushrooms before they go out on their own.

Banana blossom is pretty great in SEA cuisines.

Fuck off, you lie

There seems to be nothing wrong with that. Spicy, charred lettuce? Works for me.

Even the patrons, and server seemed okay with it as a concept but just went along with Gordon.

from the thumpnail i thought this was weed

wait it isnt?

Makes everything red as fuck though.

grilled romaine is a fucking thing

dont just think gordo is king of food- hes a shmuck

MPW is constantly ashamed of him

Why is my youtube rec list nothing but gordo videos. Its all clean history so gordo is technically the clean slate recommended video