"Go to" beer thread

What's your "go to" beer Veeky Forums?

The type of shit you can pick up in the supermarket or gas station.

This is mine, always have one after a long day at work on the back porch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v-E2wIaLjAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

heineken or sapporo
rather just have cheap sparkling wine or hard cider tho

Busch Light.

It's odd how cyclical my beer journey was. Started out in high school with schlights, but then moved on to get the best craft brews. Farmhouse ales, porters, IPAs, ales, and everything in between. After a while, I realized that my wallet should probably take a rest, so I settled on a 30 rack macro that I liked. For a long while that was Miller High Life. After realizing that although decent, the thing I really want on my drinking days is just a beer in my hand. With light beer, you can drink more, stay more hydrated, and most importantly have one in your hand at all times. So it was a homecoming return back to my roots.

yuengling or fat tire

bud light platinums if i'm hanging with friends

inb4 pleb

I like Leffe Blonde

When im at school in hawaii i drink asahi tall cans that come in 1qt, when im home by myself in california i always drink modelo, if im out partying in california its usually dos equis or corona or some other mexican beers

Shiner Bock

Coors light

Any IPA over 7% abv will also do the job

Racer 5 is the closest thing I have to a go to these days, but I also frequently buy Space Dust or AleSmith IPA. The AleSmith would probably be my go to but the market is often sold out.

My nigga

Pretty much anything by lagunitas.

Abita Andygator

Weihenstephaner Weissbier for me.

This.

Even though it's a "dark" beer, it's very easy to drink, even in quantity,

It's in a weird limbo between macro and micro, but it's definitely better than national macros.

It's a bit expensive for what it is, though. I love picking up a Family Reunion pack when I'm bringing a sixer or 12 pack to an event, Kosmos is my favorite of their's and that's the only way to get it.

I shill hardcore for Shiner IRL.

I am gluten intolerant and thus, don't get to drink beer. The few gluten free kinds I've tried were not worth buying again. Are there any gluten free beers worth buying or am I doomed to my rum and cokes?

any german hefeweizen
any czech lager / pilsner

filthy southerner detected

Savannah GA represent motherfucker

VB non tap and Carlton draught only when on tab

Pbr or yuengling. Busch sometimes though. I do like trying different craft stuff

Yuck

I heard the omission lager is solid

Bell's Two hearted is my everyday beer. Better in cans

high life or pbr if cheap
surly furious or bells two hearted if im flush
usually get whatever the local ipa is, because i like supporting local shit

I alternate between heineken and stella. The Costco near me sells them at $1/bottle.

Stella just has a nice light, crisp bitterness to it. I'm just a fan of Euro Pales.

Sam Adams!

muh snow

miller or smithwicks

Austria: Zwettler Original
Japan: The Premium Malt's
Northern California: Anchor Steam or Kona Island Lager
Norway: Dahl's I guess

Presidente though I'm really liking The One

Grain Belt Premium if I'm feeling cheap, Summit's seasonal stuff if I'm feeling craft
Two Hearted is the shit
I try to always have Surly Bender or Coffee Bender in my fridge during the winter

Either Sierra Nevada pale ale or pic related.

best canuck macro imo

Coors banquet

This is exactly me if you switch bush light with miller lite.

Kirin or Guinness depending on the weather

Steamwhistle, great beer to get hammered on.

Posting for my gf

Czech beer is fucking amazing for its price.

I rotate high life/lite, red bud, busch, natty, steel reserve, icehouse, coors. Idk why I don't just stick with the cheapest one they are all pretty bad

Old style pilsner or Carling

Cosmic Highway

weihenstephaner, solid beer and nice for a evening chill after work

It really is quite good and substantial for a "commoner's beer"

I tend to jump around a lot but pic related is my staple in the warmer months. GOAT summer beer; light in alcohol, super complex, and refreshing.

From December until it disappears entirely from shelves, I buy a lot of Anchor's Christmas Ale.

I work in a taproom and yet I forego craft a lot.

Been on a carslberg kick lately. The four pack pint cans are cheap and a good amount for me to just chill and catch a comfy buzz. Used to drink the fuck out of it when I worked at a liquor store where my discount was cost plus 8%. Cost on the four packs were $3.10 so I was about that action.

Franziskaner weizener. Or a Gulden Draak.

Two Brothers Prairie Path or

Shiner is my go-to, if, wherever I'm at doesn't have a decent trippel. Otherwise New Belgium's Trippel or Golden Monkey is bueno.

A friend turned me on to Modelo recently. For a cheap, easy beer, it's not bad.

Either Boulevard (local to me) or PBR. Usually Boulevard, though. No particular variety. If I'm feeling fancy and extra indecisive, I'll get a 12 pack sampler, which includes two popular beers, plus two "Tasting Room" varieties, which right now are a spicy rye ale and an extra pale ale. Bretty gud

Every day

^ been going anything lagunitas because the labels are easy to peel off for my homebrew

another chicagofag. ive had a few things from off color and wasn't that big on them but that sounds good. is it real sour?

Best 6 pack in the state, far as I'm concerned.

>Select all images with roads. Click verify once there are none left.
Muh roads.

One of my favorites.
They recently released Lil Sumpin' Extra! , have you tried it? Its even better.

Yeah, the roads are shit it RI. Fuck that place.

not that dude, but i've heard about it. might try to go to lagunitas tomorrow. is it a double IPA?

Pride of the South
youtube.com/watch?v=v-E2wIaLjAg

nothing beats a good old pint of guinness

It's fairly tart, but not overwhelmingly so. On par with lemonade in terms of sourness. The Yuzu variant that's out right now is super fruity and tart though, avoid it if you're looking for a more balanced sourness.

Blue Moon. I do very physical work for very good money (the stress of job insecurity thusly very high) so I need something refreshing and also net hydrating. On weekends I usually go for lighter stouts or hefty lagers.

Try boulevard wheat if you see it. It sounds right up your alley

I haven't.What's the difference?

The only beer I drink is ginger beer mixed with some rum. Get on my level

Also Yingling is a nice easy beer usually have a 12 pack on hand in the rare occasion that I do drink actual beer.

It's stronger (8.7% abv) and brewed with more wheat.
Taste wise, its a bit sweeter with more tropical fruit flavors. Also slightly more hoppy so its not overwhelmed by the increased sweetness.

That beer is Polish you cuck

Why does the difference between a 5% beer and a 6% beer seem so large? A 5% seems like a session beer that you drink and hardly feel buzzed, and yet the 6% seems to make a significant differnece

I like Heineken too and everyone gives me shit for it. But for a binge drinking beer, it's refreshing and not too sweet.

There's also a local beer called Duquesne. Got a 30 pack on special for $13, and it's easily better than Heineken. Shame it isn't more widely available.

Pabst
Blue
RIBBON!

Meine BrĂ¼der!

Anyone go to the beer fest in Ypsi Michigan I just fucking puked about 7 times and I'm dead

Go to beer? Bauhaus wonderstuff or castle danger cream ale.
On a side note, this is probably the only dipa I'll buy again. Sick of the style, but this one is damn good.

I'm trash

whats the difference between porters and stouts?

I've googled this. Some brewers say stouts must contain roasted barley, but most seem to dismiss this as erroneous. Historically, 'stout' is short for 'stout porter', so generally stouts just have a higher ABV. But mostly it's just how the brewer wants to brand that specific ale.

I didnt know ypsi even had a beer fest

Shiner is a really good compromise for dudes with no taste who just want to get drunk and beer snobs who want something that tastes good but also want to get drunk. I lean towards the latter but I'm always more than happy to drink some shiner with the boys.

why would anyone give you shit about heineken its not like its mikes hard lemonade

Because it fucking sucks. It's the thing you get when you're either traveling on an airline or in a beer desert that doesn't have anything else.

It makes a corona with a lime wedge a legitimate option, and that says something...

If you hate IPAs for being too bitter this one is awesome.

>the thing you get when you're either traveling on an airline or in a beer desert that doesn't have anything else

That's exactly what I thought about the post above yours.

you are literally saying taste is objective. Fuck yourself you fedora wearing faggot. I like how heineken tastes

Grain Belt Nordeast, closely followed by Schell's Firebrick

godbless minnesomalia

You are literally saying that bad taste isn't a thing.

Taste is relatively subjective. It's fine that you think that I'm a fedora hipster boogeyman, but at least I don't have the shit taste of actually enjoying Heiniken. lmao @ ur lyfe fgt

It objectively tastes like shit

what the fuck is wrong with mike's hard lemonade?

Karmeliet
Brugse Zot
La Chouffe

It's available in the supermarkets locally, anyway.

Ace cider pineapple

My go to beer is whatever cheap lager is on sale.

I'm a simple man.

Natural Light. On long, hot days at my pool my friends and i can sometimes finish a case each

Aussie beer best beer