How old were you before you could voluntarily enjoy vegetables?

How old were you before you could voluntarily enjoy vegetables?

I always liked vegetables because I'm not a mentally-deficient sissy faggot. Fuck brussels sprouts and asparagus though, they're the niggers of vegetables.

I always enjoyed them you flying faggot.

>not a mentally-deficient sissy faggot
>Fuck brussels sprouts and asparagus
these statements are mutually exclusive, you mentally-deficient sissy faggot

I always enjoyed veggies, especially broccoli

We had this thread two days ago.

fight me irl bitch

you'd die

If you do not enjoy vegetables its your parents falt for buying frozen shit, or disgusting veg that has no taste.

I was around 12 when I actually started craving vegetables.

25 or so. Not even joking.

according to my mother i never had a problem with vegetables aslong as they were seperated

Of course you'd love vegetables shaped like dicks and balls. I bet you deepthroat cucumbers and your favorite fruit is banana.

Since I could eat solid food.

I'm 26 years old and I still hate vegetables. I just stuff em down first and eat the meat last since I know that I gotta eat my veggies.

I'm 30 and I still don't enjoy them.
The range of fruits and vegetables I like is extremely narrow.

I only eat...
>Vegetables:
Lettuce
Arugula
Tomato (only in a sauce or in pizza or hamburger)
Potato
Corn
Peas
Onion
Watercress

>Fruits:
Grapes
Orange
Tangerine
Watermelon
Apple
Cherry
Blueberry
Raspberry

That's it.
I refuse to eat any fruit or vegetable not on this list. I have tried them all and I don't fucking like them.

You can also add pumpkin but only in the form of puree mixed with cheese.

Is this an autism post

my mom always found a way to fuck up the meat, so as long as I can remember

Tell, is this an autism post?

Prepared the right way almost every vegetable can taste really good, only shitty dumb spoiled brats dislike vegetables.

Thee aren't very many raw fruits and vegetables that I can eat, which is unfortunate because I really like eating them. When I eat too many I get a pain that I can only describe as heartburn (it really isn't). Carrots and broccoli for example trigger it after just one or two pieces. Even the stuff I can eat, like spinach, has a limit.

Do olives count as vegetables? Because I've always loved olives

You might have a classic case of faggotry, I suggest sucking a dick to get rid of it

almost 1

I always liked some veggies like bell peppers, cucumbers or sometime carrots but the older I got the more variety I enjoyed. Really spiked when I moved out with 20.

>Used to hate veggies as a kid
>Now I go out of my way to get some fresh tasty vegetables
>I even eat according to the 50/25/25 rule that 50% of your plate should be vegetables and the rest half meat half carbs

I always enjoyed vegetable, because me mum is a health fanatic who always buys the best quality food.

But then I hate at some friends' houses when I was a teen and I understood why the other kids didn't like veggie
>absolutely tasteless vegetables bought at the cheapest price in a supermarket
>generally boiled beyond recognition

It boils my blood thinking many of their moms were stay-at-home or half-time workers. Fuck, if all you have to do is clean up the house and cook there's no excuse for cooking like crap.
It should be considered child abuse to rape a child's palate and destroy his taste forever with that trench war-tier food.

So much this. Shitty food and especially junk food with lots of added sugar/fat/sodium literally destroy your taste buds. If you're used to burgers you'll of course find steamed vegetables boring because they're not aggressively raping your senses. Actually a massive problems of today's society.

Every time I see an obese child I'm stumped by the fact that it is somehow not acceptable for me to call child services on the parents.
Like, those fuckers are literally killing that kid. Obviously he didn't buy the food himself. Why is this shit not illegal, but beating your kid is.

I always liked them. I remember as a kid that I actually got offended when people assumed that Ididn't like them because I was a kid.

The only kids who don't like vegetables are the kids with lazy parents who feed their kids junk rather than cooking healthy home-meals.

I have a distinct memory of being 7 and thinking it was the dumbest plot line in the world that on some show all the main characters collectively agreed that broccoli was gross. I think they were being attacked by their biggest fears.

I still don't like the majority of them but I eat them anyway.

I never had a problem with vegetables. Fortunately my mother was a decent cook.

Yeah the broccoli is gross meme was retarded.

I could understand implying some vegetables were gross to children but I didn't know a single growing up who didn't like broccoli.

>Yeah the broccoli is gross meme was retarded.
It was because president #41 went on record saying he didn't like broccoli. That made it socially acceptable to shit on broccoli for a minute.

This is only a thing among poor families where the only veg they eat frozen vegetables.

I'd say around 14-16, I used to hate all veggies except the standard: peas, potatoes, a few others.

It wasn't until i started learning to cook that I realized the importance of veggies, and how proper preparation makes them taste fantastic.

>$1.00 has been added to your account

BIDF out in full force today I see

I always enjoyed my veg. Only exceptions being boiled spinach and brussel sprouts.

Always like eating broccoli and spinach for as long I can remember.

I thought it was strange when I saw a kid on tv not wanting to eat their beoccoli.

Eat your broccoli or no video games user

I never understood the "broccoli/spinach are gross" meme until I had overcooked shit quality vegetables at school.
I suppose they overcook for security reasons, and badly prepare them for cost/time reasons, but some vegetables can survive these treatments better than others.

Chicory and Brussels sprouts have a taste that can be off-putting to children, but you're supposed to grow out of it with puberty.

vegetables have a bad mouthfeel

I never loved broccoli as a kid but it was never unpalatable. I did enjoy eating it though because I pretended it was tiny trees and I was a giant eating them

Also, spinach was what Popeye ate so I was down with that too. Carrots were Bugs Bunny. It did take me while to get into raw tomatoes though. I also thought guacamole was weird because of how bright green it was.

Always liked broccoli, chard, brussels sprouts, and most of the vegetables kids "aren't supposed" to like.
I take the stance that I'm not allowed to dislike any given ingredient or food. Specific food products, obviously, but not just "I don't like almonds" or whatever. Why would I limit my options?

Technically a fruit but w/e

I bet your fat ass would enjoy lychees, they're basically just candy.

I was a real picky eater when I was a young child, but started eating lots of vegetables probably somewhere around 12 years.

I've always liked them, but there were a few I had to warm up to, and very few I still don't like. Okra is disgusting unless it's in a gumbo and I've never been ambitious enough to give squash and eggplant a go.

Early 20s I guess

About 18 or 19, I guess. Recently entered my mid-20's and I'm almost a vegetarian at this point. Not really a health choice, and not an animal lover thing. It's just what I want to eat most of the time.

Had Brussel sprouts once they tasted like shit/werent cooked right. Either way I am fine with all other vegetables more or less so its no real loss.

>tomato
>vegetable
>banana
>fruit

About 20-21
I think because of rampant alcoholism my body craves proper nutrition

There are people out there I have almost come to fists with because they don't like "spices" in their food.

Jesus fucking Christ, wars have been fought over spices and here you are thinking you are to good to taste them.

Really not fond of broccoli & cheese anything

I supposed you enjoy stabbing yourself in the chest with a knife.

prolly when i switched from my moms titties to babyfood

I've liked most veggies since my teens, but I rarely ate them at home because my parents would just use shitty canned foods. Wasn't until I was 19 and was put in charge of cooking that I, and my family, began eating veggies properly.

Ever since I could remember I was able to enjoy a few vegetables but I was very picky.

>cold broccoli
>uncooked carrots
>green beans
>celery

Only vegetables I was exposed to that I liked, and the ones I didn't like were peas and limabeans.

Since I could eat. Nigga fruits and veggies are fucking good. Except for olives, cherries, and all melons. Fuck em.

I never saw what was so bad about them. They all taste great

it´s what she told me. though my girl calls me an autist sometimes. i like my routines.

I can eat most vegetables but I still hate peas and carrots.

I also hate brussel spouts. Also, bitter melon is disgusting as well.

>making a list of the only fruits and vegetables you eat
Autism gets thrown around a lot to describe posts on this website but I think it's apt here.

>tfw nearly 27 and still can't stand most vegetables

i try so hard. it's not the taste, it's the goddamn texture

If you don't like broccoli you're literally a nigger.

OVEN ROAST @400F FOR 20 MINS WITH OLIVE OIL SALT AND PEPPER WITH ONIONS FAGGOT

0 years old

>I never understood the "broccoli/spinach are gross" meme until I had overcooked shit quality vegetables at school.
I rather eat overcooked broccoli/spinach than aspargus or long beans or water cabbage

I hated basically every vegetable except peas, potatoes, and tomato sauce as a child. At 23 I can now enjoy pretty much any vegetable as long as it's genuinely fresh (or cooked from fresh) and doesn't have salad dressing on it. Also I still hate pickles and any other sort of preserved vegetable.

Honestly can't remember ever not liking vegetables.

I also don't have any strong dislikes in terms of food, obviously I'm not fond of certain things (shit tier peasant feed like chicken, ethnic """"food"""") but I can eat anything as long as its prepared well.

How do you feel about Irish Stew?

my parent's used to buy eskimo pies and my dad would always call them broccoli pies thinking it would make me not want to eat it but broccoli is awesome and pie is awesome so why wouldn't broccoli pie be awesome?

It took a while for me to understand why certain vegetables repulsed me. I figured out that a lot of the vegetables that I didn't like (broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc) were all botanically related and that they all release sulphur when cooked. Now that I understand why I didn't like them, I just cook them differently and they're fine now. There are some stragglers that I don't necessarily hate, but aren't stuff that I order on their own like asparagus and artichoke. It just takes me wrapping my head around the ingredients (not just vegetables) and how they behave when cooked different ways.

>my parent's used to buy eskimo pies and my dad would always call them broccoli pies thinking it would make me not want to eat it but broccoli is awesome and pie is awesome so why wouldn't broccoli pie be awesome?
ROFL.
I bought coffee ice cream so no one touched it. I had pretty good success with that The worst was if you bought neopolitan and someone removed 1/3 of the package with their flavor preferences.

This is true, nigger veggie dodger genocide when?

I always like broccoli

why havent they engineered vegetables to taste like candy yet

i can handle most things except raw tomato

brussel sprouts are bro tier quadruple nigger

corn is shit tier

Everything but tomato and onions is not a culinary vegetable, you deadbeat.

Single digits as long as they were cooked a certain way. Broccoli had to be not soggy, carrots needed to be in a soup, etc.

i always liked stuff like broccoli and spinach, even when i was a little kid, and i still enjoy it now

likewise, i always hated shit like asparagus or brussels sprouts, and it hasnt changed, probably never will.

soggy broccoli is better than hard one though

i've loved them for as long as i can remember, probably since age 5 or so

I used to hold my food on a fork and move my head up towards it to take a bite while pretending I was a sauropod dinosaur.

>20
>just started eating tomatoes in the past month
it's weird they always tasted like poison until recently

>I have to work so hard to resist sucking dick even vegetables trigger me

The reason why kids don't like them is because you are not supposed to separate the veg from everything else from the plate. Do any ov you just have a section ov sliced carrots on your plate? Why give children corn from the tin when they shud have them from the cob. Kids hate vegetables becauz their moms don't know how to cook. The vegetables they had at my school were the frozen kind and they were mushy and gross.

I always liked cream spinach.
Normal spinach too was okay, but I loved cream spinach since before I could remember. I'd have eaten it for every meal if I could.
Really never had a problem with vegetables.

I still can barely stomach any vegetable other than broccoli that's just been "steamed". Need it stir fried or atleast seasoned some what. Celery's the one I haven't been able to crack. The sweet, grassy taste is absolutely overpowering and I can't diminish it in the slightest no matter what I try.

That's where you're wrong kiddo, broccoli with a bit of crunch is goat

>How old were you before you could voluntarily enjoy vegetables?

When I was a young child because I didn't have shit fatass parents

I've enjoyed them for as long as I remember but as a kid my parents always provided a variety of vegetables pairing them with each meal and they're decent cooks so they knew how to season them properly
they wouldn't just throw raw brocolli on my plate and tell me to eat it like some parents would