Craft beer

>craft beer

Other urls found in this thread:

patto1ro.home.xs4all.nl/reinheit.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>SABMiller shill threads

tf you talking about normie? Just saying craft beer is shit.

The only good craft beer is a Pilsner Urquellâ„¢. Guaranteed to cool you off on a hot summer afternoon. Try one today!

Hmmm

Hmmm

Seems legit

This thread is shit.

making you think level: really

You say that now but who will get the last laugh when this thread has 300 replies?

Craft beer threads on Veeky Forums is like if dark souls came out in text format

I'll have the last laugh when this thread 404's tonight with 47 replies from 18 anons.

>liking American macrobrews
>only drinking IPAs
>only drinking bourbon barrel aged quadruple-dry-hopped coffee vanilla smokey rye chocolate stouts with ABV 15% or higher

you can't win unless you stick to Belgian styles tbqhwyoufamily

>liking American macrobrews
Having plenty of horrible craft beers made me appreciate simple macrobrews more if I just want something simple or if it's hot out and I want something refreshing. They're good for making making stews if you don't have stock too.

I am seeing an abundance of "bourbon barrel aged" whatevers at every tap room I go to now. All you can taste is bourbon flavored beer and it sucks.

IPAs are garbage and that trend needs to stop soon.

>IPAs are garbage
A small number of them are good, it's just the most people who drink them only want to compete with each other over who can drink the IPA with the highest IBU rating. It's the same thing with hot sauces, you can have hot sauces that taste bad but because they add pure capsaicin and it has a high Scoville rating people will still buy it.

OR just belgian and german beers....
or just belgian.

You can't perceive anything higher than like 110 ibus anyway

t. time traveller from 2012

I never see barrel aged stuff at tap rooms, only in liquor stores. Imperial stouts are nice, bu breweries just need to keep it simple sometimes. I'll honestly also take a schwarzbier over a stout or porter if it's available

Is Belgian style the fedora of beers?

We need a stout revival. I wish stuff like Samuel Smith was as common as IPAs.

>only drinking 20% alcohol quintuppel belgian ale made by real live monks in an Abbey in Belgium that they drink to get a few calories while they're fasting for Jesus

>Fluid based beverages

>this popular beer style tastes bad
>this other popular beer style tastes bad too

Hm, it appears you're an entirely credible judge of which beers taste good and which don't

did it hurt when you pulled that fact out of your ass?

>it's just the most people who drink them only want to compete with each other over who can drink the IPA with the highest IBU rating
This is not true at all. Where does this idea come from? Arguably the most popular IPA brewers try to hide the bitterness as much as possible while also extracting as much hop essence as well.

>Local bar has a real brewmaster for their line of craft beer
>Always complains about these kids and their fruity beers and coffee shit and unnatural flavors
>His beer is purely malt, hops, traditional as fuck.
>Friends at work go try his beer, talk about a bunch of shit that isnt actually there
>Stout has tones of coffee and some chocolate yum ^_^
>This irish red... Is that a hint of rosemary? Very bold move i love it
>I love the kiwi in your pilsner, very original
>Brewmaster has a fucking annuerysm over it every time a low 20-something thinks he added shit to make the flavor when its just the hops.
I think he has legitimate tism

>bourbon barrel aged
Typically its a crutch for a shitty brewer. Its like the bacon of brewing, it can be used constructively to improve a flavor but its usually just there to overpower the failure of your sour ass ale. Goes great when its a milk stout though.

I actually do love Urquell. It and boddingtons are my two go to imports.

Anyway fuck all the way off.

Does he not understand that these flavor notes can occur without additives?

Boddington's is the top of the menu cheapo beer at my local pub. I couldn't find anything redeeming about it desu

If it wasn't a nitro beer I'd probably not be all that into it.

The nitro just makes it maximum comfy.

Thats the point. Our brewmaster knows that different hops have different flavors. These kids make him legitimately angry by thinking he dumped a bunch of grapefruit in when its really just some American hops having naturally citrusy flavors.

He sounds like he knows fuckall about brewing.
Not because he's not into adjuncts, but because he's never heard anyone talk about beer before.

Oh okay. I misunderstood your post at first.

And that's the problem with beer nowadays; it's so homogenised, bland and inoffensive that drinkers can't even imagine it can taste good without exotic additives.

With that said, however, unorthodox brewing methods are the spice of life in brewing (quite literally in some cases), and that's why I don't like strict adherence to Reinheitsgebot either; there are a lot of interesting styles that got killed by purity regulations, and it's no guarantee of quality either when Heineken can qualify under it.

patto1ro.home.xs4all.nl/reinheit.htm

>ironic unironic ironic unironic unironic shilling

wtf is this belgian "style"?
Just buy actual belgian beers.

Just means it's the same recipes just not made in belgium.

Golden monkey from victory is one of my favorite tripels but made in the US.

In all fairness we had some crazy shit come through like dogfishs "beer for breakfast" that just fucking ruined the lines for the next 3 kegs. We had cleaned the lines multiple times before throwing them out and replacing the lines. Sold well while we had it, especially with the mtg crowd.

New England style IPAs are so good tho

I've never had the opportunity to try one. Visiting Boston in August so it might be my chance

Try trillium and tree house

I've had one of these.

It was strangely delicious but it kinda tasted like bacon.

I had a brett saison recently. It tasted like a garage... but like... a good garage.

>Tree House

Mah nigga

Pilsner is a normal brewery, what are you talking about. I know that this is bait, but just because you were fucked by the Prohibition, doesn't mean that you have to draw us into this.

The only prohibition I want is the kind that prohibits autists like yourself from drinking beer

I work in a taproom and I hate pouring brett yeast beers. Brettamyces yeast stays really active even at low temperatures so they cause some FOAMY FUCKING KEGS.

Having said that, brett can make for some very intriguing flavors.

45 replies right now, you better pray for that 404 fuckboy

New England IPA pushes the style so far, IPA doesn't mean anything anymore. The ones I have had have been delicious though.

They are so juicy and fruit forward, and there is so little bitterness, it's like drinking a can of Donald Duck OJ.