Popeyes opened in my town this week

and as expected, the line for the drive through wrapped around the building.

To be fair, it was the dinner rush

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8pyW6w5B7Aw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's always like that during the first week or so when something "new" opens up in town

also, popeyes is inconsistent as fuck with their "spicy" chicken

the last couple times I went to popeyes it was expensive as fuck. like $14 for a 2 piece combo with no drink + 3 tendies. it's pretty much only worth going when they have special items now.

>it's pretty much only worth going when they have special items now

Always been like that lad

1. They almost always have special items.
2. Look at the local coupons section on their website. Mine always has a printable coupon of 22pcs for $20.

>it was expensive as fuck

this. i hear they have some $5 lunch boxes that are ok. but even those would make me feel like i'm getting gypped

the last few times I went they didn't have any. before that it was just some sugary shit for the tendies. they got rid of the $5 box combo too even though kfc has it all the time.

I really don't understand how they get away with charging more than a dollar per chicken tender. Same with KFC.

Popeys is one of the best fast food places. That said the people who own BK and Tim Hortons bought the chain a few months back so expect the place to go to shit within the next few years.

>Popeyes open up in my town
>nobody goes there since it's managed like shit, and everything tastes awful
>everything is like 70% batter, 20% stale oil, 10% actual shrimp
>never see more than a couple cars parked there
>store is somehow still open after several years

I don't understand.

I agree, fuck Popeyes.

As a non American I must ask, which chain is more looked down upon, KFC or Popeyes?

I don't look down on poors or minorities, but I consider both restaurants to be beneath me. Statements like "which one is best" are kind of nonsensical, it's like: would I rather have sex with a cat or a bird? Invalid question.

I think people who eat at those kinds of places are a sign of our failed education system that prioritizes the feelings of religious maniacs and other conservatives to the detriment of the populace as a whole.

However please keep in mind I am not considered American by your average fast-food eating flyover, because I live within walking distance of the ocean, I have glasses, I know how to read, and I didn't get married and pop out a bunch of kids when I was still in my teens. Also I have a passport and can interact with foreigners without shitting myself from fear, so, I'm basically a member of Al Qaeda as far as your average tendies-eating flyover is concerned.

hahah okay thanks, which ocean though?

Kfc

Both

CFA

Ah yes, the two oceans of the world. Either way you're some irrelevant South American loser

Depends who you ask. White people will swear by KFC but black people will say Popeyes

but then why all those memes about black people and kfc if they mostly go to popeyes?

Nobody except complete morons swear by KFC. It's just you're more likely to not have a Popeye's nearby than to not have a KFC.

Hahaha fuck up ya speccy cunt

Theres a Popeyes in Istanbul Airport

That clears up a lot, thanks my trans-atlantic friend

i will probably never eat fried chicken ever again in my lifetime.

Popeyes is overrated junk. I've been there twice and the food is always cold and the chicken isn't anything special.

One opened up last year and I was excited as fuck. We recently got a Carl's JR before that and I love that place.

So I waited two months until the lineups died down. I went there, got an 8 piece for 18 fucking dollars. And they don't give chicken breasts. Got the butterfly shrimp too. Everything is just sitting there under a heat lamp, not fresh at all, and I still had to wait about 6 minutes until I got my order. Tried a shrimp right away and it was obviously cooked ten minutes before I got it, so it was trash. Chicken was meh. Mac and Cheese was ok.
Will probably never go there again.
Just like five guys. Was so excited when we finally got one and holy crap, incredibly overpriced A&W sized burgers. Haven't been there since, and it's been about 7 years. Fatburger is 1000 times better for the same price.

what is A&W?

A place that makes Sonic tier burgers.

So, you were buying shrimp and chicken from Popeyes, you waited a whole six minutes to get your eight-piece bucket, and you're a connoiseur of seafood?

How were the crabs at Red Lobster?

Not him, but even reviewbra gave Popeye's shrimp a 1/10. He blamed the decline in quality on Burger King's buyout of Popeye's.

It's a burger-and-hotdog fast food joint. You know A&W root beer? That's them. They're somewhere between McDonalds and Wendys. Maybe close to Hardees/ Carls' Jr.

where did I ever say that?
If I have to wait for the food, it should be fresh. What the hell did I wait for? There were mountains of cooked chicken behind the clerks, and the shrimp was obviously cooked ten minutes prior to me receiving it. And it wasn't busy. I'm a cook. I can tell when something was cooked way before you receive it.
Get off of popeye's dick. It's trash.
Went to red lobsters once in my life, it was terrible.

Canadian burger joint.
Other guy said hot dogs, but I've never seen hot dogs there. It must be different in the states.

Thank you for clearing that up. What would you prefer, KFC or Popeyes?

You said it in the post I quoted you from. You were whining about waiting six whole minutes for a bucket of fried chicken.

>If I have to wait for the food, it should be fresh

Waaaaah! I've never ever spent ten minutes to make a fucking meal for myself! I expect everything should be delivered from a fucking microwave in two minutes or less!

I'm completely incapable of cooking anything other than a microwavable burrito, and I expect my giant fucking bucket of chicken should be instantly available in similar time!

Hype aside, they're both relatively in the same tier. KFC's chicken has more meat and is usually piping hot when I get it, but the chicken tends to be extremely dry. Popeye's chicken has better flavor, but it's much smaller and it was lukewarm to cold whenever I got it (keep in mind that I've only bothered going twice since it's a bit out of the way). Popeye's has better sides, but again, they were cold. KFC is cheaper while Popeye's is overpriced for what you're getting. If they were side by side, I'd probably choose KFC more likely than Popeyes but since I have a chick-fil-a in my town, I wouldn't bother with either.

Yeah. Cuz Popeye's is good shit. I love the Jambalaya

Hmm thanks man, your fast food chains interest me, most of our fast food stuff are just little colonizations of your big names like Mac and BK and KFC and stuff, but to think there's so much variety in fast food chains where you live, just boggles the mind.

Learn to read. There were mountains of already cooked chicken in the heatlamps and it wasn't busy. Why did the shrimp taste like they were cooked before he even ordered?
Like he said, get off their dick.
It only takes a couple minutes to deep fry shrimp.
Christ, you're fucking stupid.

Whah, I got butt-hurt because I whined about waiting six whole minutes in a fast food joint and got called out on it! Anyone that thinks I'm a fucking joke is stupid! I want my bucket of chicken and shrimp instantly goddannit! Mommy always dumps food in a bucket in front of me when I cry, why can't Popeyes?!? Whaaah!!!

Here's a fucking idea, why not buy some chicken, and grill or sautee it yourself? Along with some green beans or corn or potatoes. Chicken + green beans + potatoes costs less than $10, and it's not fucking hard to cook. You can do sauces and such if you want, or maybe fucking learn to use some herbs and seasoning to make something that tastes good.

Waaaah! I waited six whole minutes at a fucking Popeyes, why isn't a bucket of chicken being pumped into my dickholster as we speak?!? Waaaah!

Not that user, but you are fucking retarded. You're missing the point entirely; he shouldn't have had to wait at all for his order if there was a mountain of food that he ordered just sitting under the heat lamp. Why should he have to wait over five minutes if no one was actually cooking the food and there were no other people in the store? Jesus Christ, you're thick.

Jesus Christ.
1. I told you already that I was a cook. I knew more about cooking ten years ago in my pinky than you will in your entire life
2. I was trying it out because It was a new place that we've never had in this country before
3. see How did you not get my point? Are you that fucking dense? Do you work for popeyes? Are you trolling? What the fuck, man?

anyways, I just got back from a local korean chicken joint called "yummy chicken" and got some fried chicken. My god, it's so good. They put a tempura like batter on the chicken. So flavourful and juicy. We also have a place called Chester Fried chicken which has the best breaded fried chicken ever. Still haven't found any good local pizza places though ever since the amazing one near my place closed down 7 years ago.

You're a cook, and whining that it takes five or six minutes to get food in a fast-food restaurant? Sure you are.

You've never worked in a kitchen a day in your life. If you did, you'd know a good ticket time in a sit-down, tablecloth restaurant is twelve minutes. A good time in a fast food is around five minutes or so.

Get out of your mom's house, work as a cook in a restaurant, earn a paycheck and pay your own rent kiddo, maybe then you won't be pissing your panties about waiting six minutes for a bucket of chicken in Popeyes.

This. I haven't been in a while and I don't think I want to try Burger King version of Popeyes

Popeyes by a landslide

OK, you're obviously trolling now.
THE FOOD WAS ALREADY COOKED WHEN I ORDERED.
I've been a cook for 13 years. The goal is to get the food out as quickly and as high quality as possible. If it's all already cooked, sitting there under a heat lamp, why should it take more than thirty seconds? How have you not seen this point which has been pointed out to you by multiple people?

You must be one of the retards that think we send out all the bills in order, even if one bill would take twice as long to make as the bill that got rung in ten seconds later, instead of as fast as possible.

I feel like most people will agree Popeyes is better food but KFC is more famous and affordable.

Whoah, slow down with the controversial opinions there, slick!

sounds like thats a problem with the chain rather than the management in Detroit or whatever shit town where you live.

Or you can stop being an autistic retard and blaming cold food on an establishment.

Even if it wasn't cold, it's little better than KFC. It's the same shit with slimmer chickens and a bunch of Tony Chachere dumped into everything. Popeye's is amazing chicken for Midwestern faggots that never used anything outside of salt and pepper. At least their sides are better than KFC's but it's still generic garbage on par with Zatarain's boxed meals from Walmart except it is really fucking expensive for no fucking reason.

Also, I ate at a place in Indianapolis but I doubt some chain recipe differs much from any other chain. I worked at these type of restaurants when I was a teenager and everything came in bags already seasoned.

youtube.com/watch?v=8pyW6w5B7Aw

Get ready to be diversified.

>popeyes procedure is to purposely give out cold food
>instead of being an intelligent human and saying, maybe my local popeyes is ran by a shitbag, i'm going to assume popeyes gives out cold food because its their style

Ask me how I know you're from west Virginia or some bumfuck middle of no where town? Based on the fact deductive logic would lead me to believe cold food is a local problem and confirmed by how low your IQ is, most likely retarded, I would guess your from some flyover shithole and should spend less money on fast food and save up for an education.

It's fucking garbage tier and anyone that was born in Louisiana and grew up on actual Creole cooking knows it. Popeye's is fucking Walmart tier.

this AF. mt gf's dad ordered for me the first time i went and he ordered the spicy stips cause im a pajeet. no spice, no flavor. pretty sure hes a racist too. fuck this place

Also, I was born in Orleans Parish but my family moved me to Indiana when I was 12. Eat shit.

Aziz Ansari?

BEST FUCKING FAST FOOD FRIED CHICKEN EVER! I like their biscuit a lot but that shits way too much calories. I'm trying to lose weight and tone down but I can easily eat an entire 8 piece family meal and have done it before....multiple times....with buffalo wild wing sauce...

Idk but my local grocery chain in the midwest charges a dollar per piece if you buy an 8 piece. Chicken is always juicy but the skin, oh the skin/breading can NOT compete with popeyes for sure.

wait so like a fastfood place doesn't measure up to local establishments. Where are you from? Indiana?

>mc donalds once gave me a cheesburger when i asked for hamburger. 0/10 all mcdonalds are bad. i am not retart pls i promise

It's slightly less shitty than KFC at double the price. Why in the fuck would any sane person ever eat there? Holy fuck, you Popeyes faggots are dumb. Take a piece of KFC chicken and toss some Tony Chachere onto it and you'll have the same thing at a much cheaper price.

Nigger have you actually eaten Walmart's fucking chicken? It is so fucking disgusting I refuse to ever buy it again regardless of life and death situation. Their breading is literally like a pancake solution which makes a crust that comes out rock hard. It looks good but tastes like prison food. Always over salted and always made by low tier workers who do not appreciate their jobs. FUCK WALMART CHICKEN

so you use local creole cooking to shit on popeyes but don't hold kfc to same degree. Lay off on the meth or boos. Go to sleep faggot.
You're logic is flawed. They both suck or not. Don't make an argument shitting on fastfood based on local culinary and homecooking and back track and pretend your argument isn't flawed. Like I said before, get an education or fuck off. Its fast food.

I'm talking about the sides, retard. Zatarain's Jambalaya is even better than Popeye's and that's fucking sad. Their "Louisiana style" sides are the only thing they do better than KFC and when you compare shit like their biscuits, KFC is better. It doesn't warrant the ridiculous price Popeye's charges for their shitty food.

>They both suck or not

They both suck, fagtron. I said this hours ago

lets say I only eat tenders at fast food places. Which is better. I don't like getting real chicken at fastfood joints. I don't live in flyover country so if I want whole chicken I just go to any local spanish rotisserie chicken place for the same price but MUCH better food.

because if its local fast food it will suck regardless...

If you weren't flyover country you would know this. Seems like the only option you have is kfc tier shit and homecooked.

Compared to kfc our local rotisserie chickens taste great. Its not even an argument because if you knew the difference you wouldn't be posting. No point in arguing if you can't compare the two sides.

I deleted my post because I misread it since I'm drunk and didn't realize that I agreed with you at the time.