McDonald's now delivers?

I won't knock them for modernizing, but will anybody actually do this?

>7 dollar chicken plus tip

Other urls found in this thread:

burgerbeast.com/2012/11/25/yes-i-ordered-burger-king-delivery/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wouldn't trust the Uber driver not to steal some fries or spit on my burger and then chuckle to himself as he drives away.

Uber drivers are the most vetted professionals in the world.

Where I live they'll hire anyone

Daily reminder that Yandex bought uber.

desu it's the most american fast food joint and america is the laziest country in the world

i'm surprised this is only becoming a thing now

They've started bringing the food to your table now in my area. That seems a lot weirder to me
>tip-free McService everywhere when?

I fail to see the relation with McDonald's offering table service.

maybe the plating
it looks like an actual restaurant kind of

here it just comes in a bag and they give you a plastic tray

I saw some signs at my local McDonald's for something about curbside pick-up. Like you send your order to the restaurant via their app or some shit and then go pick it up curbside. What's the fucking point when the place already has a drive-thru?

You fat fucks crack me up, if a delivery man asked me for a tip I'd tell him to fack aff and close the door in his greedy fuckin face. God bless Ireland.

Right. The question is whether the product is worth delivery fee + tip. Dominos sucks and its popular, so I guess McDonalds should be too.

>tipping at McDonalds

"Our employees are already super happy working here! No need to tip them!"

- McDonalds corp

*facepalm*

So speed like don't have to actually talk to anyone. But I prefer the drive thru because there's more of a chance it'll be fresh instead of sitting and waiting

This. Leave your corn towns sometime flyovers, you might learn about the real world

Why do northerners/Irish/Scottish always have to add in little bits of their accent into how they type? Fucking state of you all. Cunts.

I did it twice, but my friend owns a McDonald's franchise and offered to buy me a couple of beers to do it.

Honestly though, I could see it as a valid option if I was drinking with some buddies and wanted food. It's on par price-wise with ordering a pizza, but you can all pick out what you want.

It get's cheaper the more you order thoiught, doesn't it. Plan ahead and only order when you need a minimum of 20 sandwiches, and the delivery charge per McDouble (no mustard and ketchup, substitute Big Mac sauce and crisp shredded iceberg pls) is marginal

I mean, they started doing deliveries in-between shops at the mall I usually go to, but that's really just for people on their break/about to go on break

If it doesn't travel in a motorized vehicle it's not a delivery.

i guess they don't have deliveroo where you are?

yeah, I don't want hipster faggots on fixies touching my Subway footlong thatks

This idea is retarded. Fries only stay fresh and edible for about ten minutes after frying. They taste like complete ass after that, especially if they're cold.

not if you dip them in mcbbq sauce. Everything taste's good in mcbbq

Nah, God shit on you by parking your rock next to England and making you all emotionally retarded gingers with speech impediments.

>cold fries

Are these kind of vehicles illegal in the US or something? Pretty much every other country has them. Is it the owners being too cheap to buy the vehicles? Is the drivers refusing to do delivery without a 4+ dollar delivery fee + tip?

>I won't knock them for modernizing, but will anybody actually do this?
Technically uber is doing the delivering.
I guess it might make sense to have a delivery of like a feast for your little leaguers when done, and some coach isn't liable for putting the kids in his own vehicle to get to the restaurant.

A lot of small businesses have employees send out one office staffer to bring takeout for everyone. You can see when your time is more valuable than being a runner, you could just have delivery. A nuked and rewarmed cheeseburger isn't too bad. A salad, a bunch of breakfast sandwiches, I can see a few choices that would be okay if sitting around a bit.

Imagine you are drunk/high/sunburned. You are on vacation in Miami Beach and have been clubbing for hours. You didn't get a rental car. You are partying back in your hotel room. It is 4am.....
Burger King on Miami Beach has had delivery for ages, and maybe they were even first at it all, dunno. They served fast food alcohol from way back before they was a chipotle (BK is headquartered in Miami)
Here's a play by play including the containers.
burgerbeast.com/2012/11/25/yes-i-ordered-burger-king-delivery/

No, I've seen local chinese place that has two just like that.

No they did not, Yandex and Uber have a joint venture in certain CIS countries (I'm guessing you reside in one which is why you believe this) but elsewhere Uber is completely independent of Yandex

Surprisingly, the food looked ok. Like it would in the restaurant. The problem was with the crispy stuff, as he said. limp fries or onion rings just wouldnt be the same.

So they have a top secret clearance? Use ya head you dunce.

This is easily solved with proper venting

Doing this now.

I'm drunk and got too many sausage burritos but they're only a buck...

Thanks for posting proof my marketing works, I just got 50 cents wtf

u berates.com
Why would I pay to berate someone?

>$5 Booking Fee
>$5 Booking Fee
>$5 Booking Fee
>$5 Booking Fee
>$5 Booking Fee
>$5 Booking Fee

Only some do, there is one that does a few towns over but it's the only one I've seen so far in NJ. Not that I've left the state anytime recently.

Such a good goy he is.

You don't expect someone to drive across town to deliver a 50 cent order of fries do you?

He ordered ten bucks worth of food genius. Most pizza places deliver free if you order over $10

Oh yeah, that's right. Wait no its fucking not.

if the delivery fee is 5 dollars, thats only 1.50 more than pizza hut or papa johns, who charge 3.50 per delivery. both before tip.

Mcdonalds uses a sticker to seal the bags before they hand them to the uber driver at least where i live

you don't have to tip uber drivers

Bullshit almost every place has a delivery fee

sweet.

If I was feeling especially fat and the delivery fee was only like $3 or something I'd consider it. I'm not above ordering $10 worth of dollar menu garbage.

South Korea is on a whole other level with their delivery. Almost every restaurant there will deliver, they give you real silverware and ceramic plating, and when you're done you just bag it up and leave it out front your door.

>they give you real silverware and ceramic plating, and when you're done you just bag it up and leave it out front your door.

Wow. In the US, they'd never get a single utensil back unless it was a Korean immigrant who ordered it.

Yeah that's probably why places don't do that shit here.

restaurants that offer the uber pick up thing seals the bags. at least they are suppose to.

>now
McDonald's delivers here in Argentina since 2003 I think. There's even an app for it.

But we are kinda delivery-obsessed in Buenos Aires, you can get anything from ice cream to empanadas delivered to your doorstep.

>I used to get the crispy chicken delivered to my high school
>school janitor was a total bro, he would pretend it was his order and I gave him the money afterwards

typical lazy ass burgers
now you gonna be even fatter

all this shit needs to end, pretty soon we'll all be living in towers of stackable shipping container-sized pods where amaZOG drones deliver everything stright to a delivery bay so you never have to leave your VR/jackoff machine for more soylent

SK is once again already ahead of you on that.
Grocery stores don't really exist, save for very small ones. Most people go to the local market for fresh produce and fish, and everything else just gets delivered in giant stacked crates to your doorstep.

The question is why America doesn't have this yet?

Is the USA actually a third world country in practical terms?

It's a density issue.
Everybody is super spread out here, even in our denser cities, so it makes better fiscal sense to have a big megamart full of food for people to come get than it does to just deliver shit directly to everybody.

That... makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks user.

>uber delivery
ewwwww
If a place won't deliver its own stuff it's not worth ordering there in the first place.

You were a clever kid. Where did it all go wrong.

>If a place won't deliver its own stuff it's not worth ordering there in the first place.
Woah, I'd say exactly the opposite is true.

Operating a delivery service is simply a way to increase business because it is needed for the business model. A slamming good chef run restaurant won't feel that need and probably only does it because patrons who order are really good patrons with really large orders (law office down the street for instance). A fine restaurant that delivers is basically catering at the same time. Running little single dinner orders is small change for maximum effort.

Companies like grubhub.com in Miami have been taking on this middle man job of running restaurant takeout orders directly to you when restaurants who don't deliver are worthwhile to order from. People who can't leave their offices can be damn sick of the pizza/chinese choices. There were companies before them, but they tend not to waste any time and resources, so if you live rural or remote, nah. I'm sure uber has a small delivery area or time and window to deliver as well, because I've seen a lot of these start ups start and fail over the years. They seem to work in tourist hotel areas, where hotels can offer a card of 4 or 5 businesses nearby and a kind of car and runner that zips around and does the orders and delivers them to rooms. They work around courthouses, where money is less of an object for jury rooms and hard working corporate lawyers. Time > money. These delivery services will do more than a restaurant would, they will even do several restaurants for your order, picking up dessert and your dinner.

The food isn't made until you are inside the "geofence" of the restaurant (100m radius)

The reasoning behind that is because of what you said, so it won't be sitting around.

From there you "check in" either, inside, drive thru or curbside.

Because of the advancement with the geofence, you can put your order in and go to any mcdonalds in the world, and you won't be charged until you "check in" while inside a restaurants geofence.

Good thing too, you can put an order in and if you don't get time to go to McD's they don't have to worry about it. Your order is stored in the cloud for 24 hrs.

If it's from McDonald's, us anerifats will use it

rofl

>Ubereats says it delivers to my area
>The actual app says it doesn't
Fuck me, I just want that ugly burger hoodie with my food

>courthouse
>corporate lawyer

autism
this is a sin tax on nu males who cant just drive to the burger hut

Nah, see, the thing is: you only think every irish/scot does it because when they don't you don't know they're irish/scottish. No shit you think they all do it when that's the only way you have to identify them in the first place.

not illegal, just frowned upon

How is it autistic to point out that generally speaking almost all corporate lawyers will never see the inside of a courtroom?

I used to use it in Asia. It was done just through McDicks, not Uber or anything.

Actually fucking everywhere delivers in Asia I was more surprised we still didn't when I came back to NA.

its pointless, who the fuck doesnt live like 5 minutes away from a mcds?

>be kid
>raised in america
>uncle from korea visits
>hes taking care of us
>we get hungry
>order pizza
>i make the call since he cant speak english
>assume uncle will pay
>delivery guy comes
>uncle goes to get it
>assume it will go well
>hear rasied voices, and no pizza
>uncles been trying to explain to beaner that we will pay him later
>realize its a normal thing in korea
>beaner thinks hes getting hassled for our amusement
>looks like hes about to bust a nerve
>uncle thinks hes getting harassed by a dirty mexican
>break up the fight
>delivery guy just leaves with pizza since no money in house to pay him
>mfw no pizza that day

The majority of people in the US who use scooters are hamplanets or poorfag degenerates that have too many law violations to drive a licensed vehicle

well, they usually require a license. Scooters are uncommon because 1) stigma and 2) american cities are not the ultra-density ratfuck mazes that you find in asia so the area where they are useful is incredibly limited. There are no shitty roads with hundreds of people on scooters carrying whole farms swerving in and out with no traffic law enforced and rarely will you find some neighborhood/development that you can't drive a car into.

Yo that's actually pretty fucking cool. I can see it being great for car trips.
>Trying this hard to fit in
>Even worse, being Irish

They only do this if you order from the gourmet menu for me

I think it's more about density.
American cities are too spread out, driving takes a long time and scooters are uncomfortable for such purpose.

Driving a scooter for an hour on the freeway to get to the suburbs is just not as practical as driving a car.

>white people can't even be arsed to go to mcdonalds because of how fat they are.

McDonalds deliver the food themselves in Japan and South Korea.

Delivery charge is free if you order over $25 worth of food.

>when you're done you just bag it up and leave it out front your door.

That would only work in first world countries though, hence why it would never work in the US

i live 2 minutes away from mcdonalds (5 if walking) so this works well for me

Trashy got trashier big surprise
Have these guys started accepting food stamps/ebt yet

Dialysis centers love you folks

Papa Murphy's pizza was probably created specifically for the EBT crowd.

>entire point of McDonalds is stuff like the dollar menu and cheap food for cheap prices
>$3 delivery fee

Because that's not the context he meant "corporate" in, shithead.

Just spotted these bad boys. Didn't hang around long enough to see if they're motorized or electric...

Dominos riders have to pedal. Rofl.

ya amazon main issue is this. Its called last mile.

>no delivery fee on orders over $50

nice, thats how much i usually get anyways

It's obviously electric.

Where is the energy storage unit?

Excellent

USA is on average a third world country. Outside of the dozen major cities USA is Eastern European shithole tier. Sad but true

here we have a service called deliveroo and it doxes your driver so you can track them or report them to the police if they try anything