Whisk(e)y thread

Incredible. For only 30$ here in TN I haven't tasted better. Even knob Creek had nothing in this. Anyway whiskey thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ol6ORK358Go&feature=share
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>drinking on the roof

Better hope the RA doesn't find you.

Buffalo Trace is some decent bourbon. Cheers OP! Ancient Age is my cheap go-to, but I don't mind a bit of Jamesons or Michael Collins sometimes.

Buffalo trace is very good but I dunno about better than knob creek

Is that a sour mash?
Never seen it in Northwest Arkansas...

I prefer scotch. Bourbon is too sweet.

Ancient age? I've never seen it. Where are you from?

Maybe I need to be more experienced. I can drink knob Creek fine but the flavors are more distinguished in what I've had so far and seems to burn less.

That's the way I felt about Makers Mark but then I started getting different shit. You've obviously tried different shit right?

maybe not enough. But i have enjoyed most scotches and not too many bourbons. I guess I just felt more inspired to spend my money on scotch.

I prefer Irish whiskey. I just wish single pot still was more affordable.

I think 1792 is better than buffalo trace and knob creek.

yall aint got shit on the OG

Always think of this Guy Clark song when I drink Old Crow.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ol6ORK358Go&feature=share
RIP

Buffalo Trace is great. It tastes good neat or mixed and its cheap enough not to care which you have.

My favorite si Wild Turkey 101 though.

It's dirt-cheap bourbon here in Kentucky. I keep a 1.75 in my house at all times for general boozing. $22 or so for a half-gallon of not-completely-terrible 90-proof? Works for me.

Honestly I hate your state, Kentucky, more than anything. I'll tell
Youna story

>driving down to TN from IL to visit my gf
>stop sat a gas station in the middle of fucking niwhereabkit an hour north of Louisville
>some sub joint connected to a gas station and I order a panini with ham
>young girl is chatting away as she makes me my food
>mdw she throws it in the microwave when there's a perfectly good press right next to her and Wraps it up before I can say anything
>"are you gonna grill it?"
>*bitch look* oh sure if you want...
>costanza look at her and throw a fiver on the counter, grab my shit food and eat it in the car. Can't even finish it

To be fair I don't know what I expected from a bundle working at a gas station but shit man it's been three years and I still think about it. Anyway my dad always hated Kentucky and now I see why. Fuck that state. Still your liquor is good so I'm starting to forgive. My dad is not

My preferred.

Never had it. Always thought was too popular to have the layers of taste I like. Really not trying to be pretentious.

Bourbon is made using fucking corn mash of course other kinds of whisky won't be as sweet

My favorite as well hombre, good choice. Honestly, Woodford is one of the only whiskeys that i can drink straight.

I drink whiskey, because I'm a cop. I drink Irish whiskey because I'm an Irish cop.

I myself prefer them exotic whiskeys.

>>stop sat a gas station in the middle of fucking niwhereabkit an hour north of Louisville
>>an hour north of Louisville
Nigger, learn to geography. An hour north of Louisville is deep Indiana.

are you my dad?

hey dad...

I love in ky and fucking hate this place. The only good thing about here are the /out/ things. So many stuffs to do. But other than that it's either a bunch of jigs or cousin fuckers.

I've been drinking Jameson and Bulliet, what do you guys suggest I should try?

I moved to Heaven's Hill because it comes in 1L bottles

Its really not all that popular. Its common, but its nowhere near as known as, say, Makers Mark or Bullet.

I live in Virginia. Do I have to make the drive to get this?

Who /Rittenhouse/ here? Great tasting and pretty good price

Haven't tried this but I've found the best price/flavour ratio to be 40Creek

Jameson is objectively very good. Bulleit is best for cocktails in my opinion. what the OP Has is good. Try Buffalo trace my dude

my personal favorite as well

a close second, very easy to drink

4 roses is another really good one, bit pricier

Bought myself a bottle of Glenlivet Nadurra Oloroso a while back and I have to say its honestly as good if not better than Aberlour A'bunadh. They really improved the recipe for that batch, I actually like it much better than the 16 year nadurra as the latter I found to be too sugary.
Also had pic related a while back, shit was fucking cash and I am now boarded on the Balblair train shit was so cash.

I usually drink Dewar's. Its not bad, especially for the price. I'll also pick up a bottle of Jameson from time to time.

Also, like the OP I live in TN, and our booze taxes are ridiculously high. A handle of Dewar's is almost $50.

/thread

Fucking hell that got a good laugh out of me

Dewars is trash, just above seagrams.

Only whisky worth drinking. Actually Bruichladdich isn't too bad these days.

You sound like complete beta faggot.

I personally find the 8yo a lot better for the money.
Bruichladdich is fantastic shit, one day I hope to finally try one of the Black Arts

Any of you ever try Yamazaki?
How is it?
Worth the $95 price tag?

Jap scotch is like Macallan, it's peatless, smokeless crap that might as well be courvoisier. It's Scotch in name only.

If you like weak, tasteless liquor, and spending a lot for it, you're all set.

>>not drinking four roses small batch

Why

bourbon is not whisky

can confirm, total shit.
all of suntory whisky is garbage

Buffalo trace is pretty solid. It's my go-to in that price range, and about the cheapest bourbon that's good enough to drink straight.

Evan Williams is decent for the price, but I only use it for mixing with stuff.

Woodford Reserve is my general go-to bourbon. Most of the time that's what you'll find at my house.

For more expensive than Woodford, I mostly like to try out various stuff. I bought a bottle of one of Woodford's Master's Collection to celebrate a promotion, and it was really good, but overpriced.

I also recently got a bottle of Booker's for a gift. It's also really good bourbon, but at 128 proof it's a little too strong to drink straight.

Step aside boys.

It wasn't to long ago that powers was

This fuckin blows. Redbreast is a fantastic irish whiskey, but now it's the same price as an islay single malt. Whats the point?

The cask strength is sexy shit though...

True, cask strength anything always gets my dick hard lol. Have you tried stagg jr. barrel strength bourbon? That shit is delicious.

Has anyone had Glenfiddich The Original? I was gifted a bottle a year or so ago and haven't gotten around to opening it. I've tried the standard Glenfiddich and thought it was just "ok".

Looking at the price of it and that it's a limited release, I was wondering if I should just hold on to it and see if it ever goes up in value, or just drink the stuff.

I dig Japanese whiskey but haven't tried that.

What's going on in this thread?

I had a glass of that at a restaurant once and it was great, but not sure if its worth the price.
Very smooth and tasty

Suntory is trash. Look into Yoichi if you get a chance.

Refund it and get a Glenfarclas

Try rye, desu. It's become somewhat of a hipster meme but it's tasty; I'm not a fan of sweet either.

>It's Scotch in name only.
Scotch is scotch because it's made in Scotland, so I'm quite sure it's not even scotch in name.

sko buffs

double oaked is much better

I usually take my bourbon neat, with a lemon twist.

Is this a niggabeverage? Be honest.

It's a white women beverage because it's insanely sweet and made for people who don't like whisky.
Crown Royale in general is just boring crap, if you want good Canadian whisky at least go for Forty Creek at the very least or if you wanna spend a penny Canadian Rockies 21 is fantastic.

Let's play spot the meme

This is the well at the bar I go to. Surprisingly not bad. I'm a big Manhattan guy, so I drink a ton of Old Crow.

Also, pic related is what I buy. Idaho has state run liquor stores, so my usual handle of Jim Beam is like $36 here when it was $24 back in Georgia. Now I buy pic related. Handle of this is $24. Surprisingly good. Pretty sure it's made with the same mash and distillery as Buffalo Trace? Or one of the other solid quality whiskeys.

Stay classy

R V W

I could smell it.

>american whisky

shit tier whisky. give me welsh or scottish.

How are things in the 479? Best thing about that place was being able to get Ozeki nigori sake. Great gor drinking and cooking.

To keep it whiskey-related, lived with a girl there for six months whose idea of foreplay was two shots of Evan Williams. She went through a bottle a month. Good for toddies.

Any good ways to bake with whiskey?

Bulleit Rye makes a damn fine old fashioned.

>tfw Scottish
>tfw can Islay Malt whiskey for cheap while rest of world cucks have to spend hundreds to get here or pay inflated international prices

yeah, but you're still stuck in Scotland. cheap decent hooch doesn't make up for living in a secondary partner in an irrelevant nation.

>tfw english bf

i give him nice festival whiskey as birthday presents and then we cuddle

>buying Canadian """whisky"""

Does he suck your dick after a nice shot of Ardbeg?

hay guys, what's going on in this thread?

Gluck with the Brexit fucko

>>/youtubecomments

can anyone recommend a good, tasty, Rye in the $20-30 range? up to $40 if necessary i suppose

Bulleit. Rock solid for 30 bucks.

ordered a bottle of it as I wanted to try Bourbon. it's really decent, but if I want to drink a neat whisky, it's gonna be Scotch.

Opinions?

I mix this with diet pepsi or ginger ale and get drunk.

I tried it because people said it was awesome. it was slightly more expensive than my go-tos and did not taste as good. It wasn't terrible or anything. Perfectly acceptable. I wouldn't buy it again, though, when I can get better for less.

my go-tos being the McClellend's single malts (my preference is their Speyside) and Lismore. These are fantastic scotches for the the price. Lismore outclasses pricier stuff, IMO, but unfortunately the store near me discontinued it.

McClelland's packaging looks really cheap and gay but the spirit is great

islay is the best

Not trying to shitpost but what's the appeal of Irish whiskey? It tastes like the worst of both worlds to me.

I like it, but not that much. It's inoffensive. It isn't very peaty, it isn't very sweet, it isn't very rich. It isn't very anything. That is to say, it's nice, but it's not one that I'd ever describe as memorable.

Certainly one of the least interesting Islay whiskies (but one of the best distillery tours).

I'm a newbie to whiskey. I took a pic and will decide what to try first this Saturday.
It seems awfully complicated but I earn a reasonable wage I guess.

I've seen this photo before, it's bait because the prices are lower than you get anywhere.

Well clearly the prices exist somewhere.
Where is this?

>the prices are lower than you get anywhere.
The pic related would suggest otherwise, idiot-user.

It's probably a wholesalers for places that sell alcohol. That is to say, not a place that you would be able to go to as a normal customer.

Thanks for the feedback dudes, I appreciate it.
I'm fairly new to whisky and I wanted to try an islay one after I had a bottle of dalwhinnie (it was advertised as a smooth highland, so i wanted to get it as an entry), but after that, I knew I want something a bit less inoffensive, so I pretty much went blindly into islay whisky

I'd go for Highland Park, it's pretty much a great whisky for reasonable money and is fairly balanced