Do people actually like spicy foods or is it just a meme?

Do people actually like spicy foods or is it just a meme?

I don't get the appeal

People who aren't white love spicy food

I'm a spic

Same, from L.A., though

And I hate spicy food, but I'm castillian

It's surrounded me my whole life and I don't get it

Yes, people like spicy food.

People who aren't white don't consider the food they eat spicy; they just considered it well seasoned and not bland because we're not tossing shitloads of meme peppers into our food (ex. ghost peppers). White people are the ones chugging 1,000,000 scoville unit sauces because they think subjecting themselves to self-induced torture makes them macho.

I used to be kind of a picky eater, my dad loved spicy stuff.

He died of lung cancer last year, so I started trying spicy food because it reminds me of him. I've since grown to love certain types of spice, I wish I had spent more time cooking with him.

I love spicy food
One of my favorites is Singapore Chow Mei Fun

I love spicy food, because if you eat enough of it, and its the right amount of spicy, you'll get a nice endorphin high.

I'm also a masochist, so there is that I guess.

Funny story, my mouth doesn't feel much temperature anymore.

This, I love that head rush food high.

Holy fucking redneck you're retarded. You should just leave Veeky Forums to the men. Please just leave, American spicy.

This dish does not come spicy and shouldn't be anyways.

we alter the spicy according to you're taste ^___________^

Huh? My local chinkie serves it with curry and red pepper chili flakes, it's delightful

Spicy food is pure kino. Glad I was raised by mexicans. Taught me their taste in food and swimming skills.

>is x just a meme
Should be a permaban

Spicy food is amazing. Chile flakes, roasted Chile's, and hot sauce are fun.

>Singapore chow mei fun
>spicy

wew lad

I like the taste of cayenne, habanero and Serrano peppers. They add a good flavor as well as a nice little kick.

Fucking American spicy GTFO

fuck, man.

now i'm bummed out, fuck you

No, I have GERD

I used to have roommates that did not respect what food is belongs to who. My left overs always disappeared and no one ever knew what happened. I started adding heat to the dishes because I knew my roomies couldn't handle hot dishes. Eventually my food all became stupid hot and I started to love the burn. Most anything I cook now years later still has plenty of heat solely because of shitty roommates eating my food.

I'm white and I love spicy food, my mate grows super hots in his glass house

I'm white and I'm a glutton for punishment.

>be spic
>hate spicy food because of one really bad childhood experience and swear it off forever
>white best friend makes the most delicious hot wings
>learn to love heat and spicy things again

thank you matt

I like spicy food cause it adds another sensation to the food.
Making something less boring or bland.
I don't eat it so spicy that my mouth gets numb or that I barely taste my food.

Makes food take longer to eat so your dumb brain perceives it as more.

Never understood this one? Anglo Saxon and love spicy food, I've had almost every other race tell me I make my food too spicy. From my experience it's non-whites who hate spicy stuff.

some people like getting their balls crushed by chicks in high heels, there's no accounting for taste

I'm constantly amazed by the shit people think is worth posting.

Hispanics are white

I can appreciate a little heat. I do believe there are people who have ruined their taste buds by overindulging in super spicy food all the time though.
My gf drowns expensive steak in hot sauce. Sushi, chips, fucking eggs, you name it.
I really try to talk to her about it, but she just brushes me off. What do?

I really like the feeling of getting hot from the food. Getting a runny nose from the spice also helps wake me up in the morning and open my sinuses.

I'm Polish and Irish (so pretty white) and put ghost pepper hot sauce/salsa on every meal at home.

I think it's a low taste bud count since I can't taste subtleties in really any food, but very spicy stuff comes through.

>I'm Polish and Irish (so pretty white)

i love that shit, the physical pain makes me forget about my emotions

After smoking for years spicy food is pretty much the only way I can get to flavor town now