Al/ck

continued

Drinking Heaven's Hill bourbon. Who else targets the max $/mL?

I drink bottom shelf vodka so no

Sorry, I mixed up my thoughts. Maximize your dollar with the lowest dollars per milliliter. Heaven's Hill is bottom shelf garb

just drunk drove home. despicably /alck/ :l

Drinking some fireball and cooking a couple turkey sausages, hash brown and eggs. I have a bottle of patron I do not plan on opening(just not going to drink to that extreme). What's up lonely Veeky Forums's?

day 2 of a librium taper. thought i could tough it out using beers, but on day 2 of the beer taper i started getting really high blood pressure (which is normal for day two of withdrawals). pussed out and went to the ER. just felt so damned uncomfortable.

theres good liquor to be found at a good price. cant say the same about many beers.

i got 3 duis. try not to do that. buy way too much alcohol if you have to.

so much sugar in that. doesnt fuck you up?

Idk but it's what I had leftover. I just chugged a quarter of the bottle. Feeling alright, bought it for a wedding but they didn't even drink it so I took it back home.

i've driven drunk twice in my life
both times I woke up in the morning and felt so so guilty. coulda hurt someone or myself

Cheers then

Careful, you don't want a dui. Shit is rough

I've been drinking Jameson and Bulliet, what do you guys recommend?

Cheers. Just finished half the bottle of fireball 750 ml. Feeling in my zone now. What chu eating?

Been trying to taper down over the last month; I went from a 40 of 8.2% rotgut (St. Ides) and seven shots of 80% vodka daily to one shitty 40 of St Ides and one shot. No withdrawals yet and I've been drinking every night for the past 5 years. I'm trying to taper down to the point that I can go a night without drinking. It's difficult.

Today as a substitute for wanting to drink I had a reuben and rootbeer for lunch, then 4 mcdonalds burgers, a strawberry sundae, and a large coke, then at home I ate a whole block of cheese. Not sure which is worse... but at least no hangover tomorrow :)

Everyone says buffalo trace is a good one for a decent price. Powers and son is a similarly priced if not a little cheaper irish whiskey than jameson. I like it.

Man good luck! One of the best ways to avoid withdrawal is to skip a day between drinking. If you can do that you would be in good shape.

Damn dude. I already feel guilty for eating a mcchicken with a mcdonalds large unsweetened sweet tea. How do you do it?

pretty sure the entire block of cheese is the worst thing there

Thanks. I drank all of that (and far more when I was in the mood) within a two hour period for the last five years, yet I've started to notice that during my taper after a few hours after I wake up, I starting seeing odd things such as what I think are bugs out of the corner of my eye for a split second, but when I turn to face it, the illusions immediately disappear. I only experience sensations such as that while I'm trying to fully wake up, but I guess claiming that I am experiencing no withdrawal symptoms would be a lie. Google claims that's one of the major tell-tale signs of alcohol withdrawal yet I feel rather fine otherwise.

The physical cravings are taken care of by the librium, but the triggers such as loneliness remain. Gotta substitute it somehow. Ya know?

Keep it at it senpai. Tapering is a miserable hell that feels neverending.

But I uh, did it, and this is now my 12th day completely sober.

I'm so bored.

I know but I'm trying to improve myself so I don't remain in this lonely state. Fucking POF and Tinder has told me that if you're fit, you van basically get any girl you want. I have tha potential. You have that potential. We all have that potential.

That is withdrawal. but if thats all youre getting, rather than sweating or anxiety, thats a small withdrawal. Tapering can be really hard. Yours sounds like a mellow taper. If you could ever keep it to TWO days without drinking at some point you would in the clear. But for now I would say one day between drinks would be great.

Agreed. Many former alcoholics substitute drinking with getting fit. That would be ideal. Something to consider.

I was never an alcoholic. Just a lost soul.

Congrats on your 12th day. Now you get where we all get when we clean up. What is your game plan to alleviate boredom, loneliness, isolation etc. I havent found a good way yet. Suppose workaholic would be an ok substitute?

>tfw i puked for three hours this morning. im almost done with my third fifth rn

smirnoffbro is that you

You ever been fit before? Do you have money for non-processed foods to cook? Even walking and avoid lots of sugar will drop weight. Like weight lifting works for tone. cardio + sweating helps your skin look better.

Ok you win the award for biggest al/ck so far.

no only the cheapest for me
>mccormick
>hawkeye vodka
its like drinking alcohol rub or whatever gross

I have never been fit. I have been actively avoiding sugar when I started my new job which is pretty laborious. I've realized how much weight I have lost and my muscles starting to tone out. So i took it upon my self to hit the gym on a routine to increase my strength and so far so good. I do eat relatively healthy now but I still slip here and there but my motivation and conscience kicks in the next day and I compensate by hitting the gym extra hard and losing those calories.

>Yours sounds like a mellow taper. If you could ever keep it to TWO days without drinking at some point you would in the clear.

My taper seems to have hit a standstill within the past week or so since I cannot seem to cut out the last shot of liquor. I'd like to just stop, but I am genuinely afraid of what will happen because I experience such a strong craving when it's "time for me to start drinking" if that makes any sense.

I was a workaholic before this and that is what turned things bad after several years of not taking care of myself really. I start work again on Sunday and will probably slowly but surely get back into being a workaholic.

I finally managed to start lifting again yesterday (before even trying to walk my dog would make me feel like I was gonna have a heart attack), so I will probably get back into that. I've lost around 20 lbs in the past 2 months and I couldnt even bench a pl8 yesterday.

It doesn't help that my now ex gf broke up with me during the peak of wds and I work with her. But she'll be on vacation upon my return.

One thing I need to do is tell her to stop calling me every other time she feels anxious etc...she wanted to break up with me, no reason for me to be her crutch to comfort her neuroticism.

All my friends moved away over the past few years, and while I'm only living in my current city for another year before I move for graduate school, I need to figure out a social situation. I can't really stand most of my coworkers so that's not really an option. My gym has regulars I talk to but that's about it. I was thinking of trying BJJ or Judo as a semi social thing while also distracting myself from cravings. I usually get into the habit of ignoring hobbies in favor of work though.

I started playing video games again with my friends across the country but the games are so god damn boring.

Considering an SSRI as well, I guess. Need to wait a while before taking one, last time I tried I was manic for the first few days.

It doesn't help that I can't stand the people in the city I live in and dont have the desire for much social interaction as a result. Plus I'm only 24 and everyone I know just does drugs or drinks for socialization.

Good luck though famalam, being a workaholic might work out. I also recommend exercise if you're not already doing that.

This wasn't my first withdrawal, but definitely my worst. Being a workaholic helped at first but ultimately I am still the empty depressed socially isolated person I always have been and always will be.

>because I experience such a strong craving when it's "time for me to start drinking" if that makes any sense.

i know exactly what you mean. look up a med called Naltrexone. it works great for physical cravings for many alcoholics. I take it. When I take it i never get the physical urge to drink. It could be the missing piece for ya.

Cool. sounds like youre on a good path.

Well, at least you dont have unrealistic hopes. Theres no easy answer for anybody.

What is everyone's thoughts on bars?

overpriced, too noisy
id rather just drink at home

I agree 90% of the time, except going to a chill local spot if i'm already drunk

usually depressed loners looking to be near other people and hopefully go home with someone. or groups of people having fun (which makes it even loneliness for the former)

He died incase you didn't hear

just one more bottle

y ou guys agree right?

Why the hell not

I like this guy. another?

Sky's the limit

They have bear in Canada?

Have any of you ever mixed Dr. Pepper with vodka? I just did and it wasn't bad, actually.

>One week sober today
>Feeling dizzy, nothing feels real
>Too exhausted to do anything

The ride never ends.

>bought it for a wedding but they didn't even drink it so I took it back home
Now this is al/ck/

>withdrawing so hard that I can't stand up let alone walk
>zero chance of making it to the shop
>no alcohol
>nobody to help me
>dying from thirst, water bottle empty, can't even get to the kitchen
>petrified as fuck
nothing I can do but lay here and beg for a miracle.

I used to do that when I was younger, when I first started trying hard alcohol. Dr. Pepper actually works wonders for most low shelf liquors, including whiskey and rum.

Dude drag yourself to tap/faucet and drink right from.
Been there, literally cant get a cup to my mouth du to shakes. Even when persevering there woould be no water left cause i shook it all out.
Drag yourself to something bro any tap.
You need water

>writes how long sober
>describes how decline of life goes
>anyone drank A with B?

haha I'm the guy who asked about Dr. Pepper and vodka, seems pretty accurate.

sorry bro, no.
You didn't write how long you were sober, furthermore you didn' even give a hint about your decline of life. Did you realize that?

sober for 10 hours
decline of life is nearby
anyone drink coke zero+coffee+vodka?

How long does it take for WD to hit you? I never make it past 7 hours. One moment I'm ok, then bang, a million symptom out of fucking nowhere

>eat a piece of pizza
>take a shot
>take a hit or two of weed
>crave another
>eat a piece of pizza
>repeat
this isn't going to stop is it

Never counted but I'll be all right for a few more hours, and by then I'll have alcohol

>Cuts all over my forehead, ribs are bruised, right hand in agony
Uh oh. I think I might have been in a blackout fight last night. Fuck, no, that's it, I'm hiding under my bed again. I will not hear that knock at the door which tells me I'm about to go cold turkey in a cell. Again. God fucking dammit I can't go on for much longer. Alcoholism has absolutely ruined me.

I literally had to crawl, but I'm back. Made it. Shame that i made it back with only 2 litres and have already thrown up half of it, but my god did I need that. First water I've had in 2 days.
Fuck knows what I'll do when it's gone, my pulse rate crawling just 30 feet, was genuinely scary.
I'm going to die soon, aren't I?

No, I'm pretty drunk on Dr. Pepper and vodka right now.

Dude. Captcha just killed my response.
Just hydrate bro... fucking hydrate.
If i am hungry but hydrated i can move and get food.

Also detox is fucking the worst.
If you get overwhelmed call 000, in oz . 911 in murca... etc

Better you call now.
Not your neighbour in 3 days cause of the smell.

>-2 1/2 months
>lonelieness has become cripplingly vexing
>grapejuice + amaretto

Alcks are only lonly cause we drink.
I used to have friends man

I used to. But they are all drug addicts. I had to leave them and the girl. I drink because I need to keep going until I find new people. But I'm terrified and in panic that I might not find them. In fact it has been several years now and I could not manage to find a real circle of friends like in the ealry days. I was thinking about picking up drugs again for companionship.

You have no friends
Drug ' addicts'

Da fuq.yoou will never meet people to make you better while you look for them while drinking

I used to have friends too. We split up into a spiderweb across our state going to different colleges and pursuing different careers.
My dad's best friend is his brother and pretty much the only friend he frequently meets up with these days and I feel like i'm on the same path
I dont care either I get enough human ineraction during the day at my job I don't need that shit. I'd say my sister is my best friend right now, with other friends we'd have to go out and do something but with her she comes over or I go over there, we cook something awesome and then get drunk watching a movie or TV.
I'm fine with that, being a lone wolf is in my blood anyways

I was thinking the same way since I realized the impact their drug addiction has on their personalities. But we have been together every day for ca. 13 years. They have been my second family, the family which did everything right and all. Now I see things differently. But I can't deny I'm tempted to return. To me the lonelieness is a grave experience. And who else should I look for?

>Today is the day I stop. I KNOW I can do it.
>take last, precious 20mg of Valium
>ok, here we go
>lay in bed for 3 hours, sober for the first time in years
>uhm, someone remind me what it is that sober people do for fun?
>Lay in total silence literally just staring at the ceiling, everything is boring
>FUCK
>THIS
>get drunk
>everything is fun
Hm.

I swear to Christ if I lose one more post to that fucking faggot captcha I will burn google to the ground

why didnt you just go on the computer or play a video game or something you fucking idiot
>lays in bed
>WELL THIS IS BORING NORMAL PEOPLE MUST DO THIS ALL THE TIME BETTER GET DRUNK
stop making excuses for yourself you piece of garbage

I can't sit for more than a few mins, drunk or not, due to a spinal injury. I spend around 23 hours and 45 minutes a day in bed, every day, the rest of the time washing, preparing food, shitting and emptying my puke bowl. That is my life. This is why I drink. I have nothing and nobody. K? Just a phone, a bed and my booze. Kindly stop being so confrontational.

Install a screen on your ceiling and watch TV.

? Stay with them

I dont give a shit you can still find things to do while laying there like literally both things I said
stop using it as an excuse theres probably tons of people around the world that dont have a drinking problem and have the same condition you do

>need to stop drinking
>but shrooms instead
>get nice and high
>then all of a sudden I feel retarded
>realise i've stoped using my brain a long time ago
>i need a big drink to make the feeling disapear.
Is it true about loosing brain cells?

>mfw you've lost so many braincells you can't remember what to do for fun
KEKE

Fag

alcohol does kill brain cells but the amount that you'd have to drink to cause permanent brain damage would kill you

Withdrawals can start as soon as you drink (if you can't even get drunk any more), and peak around day 3.
That means you experienced 7/72, one tenth, of what your withdrawals can be like. You need to taper, or more realistically, do benzo under medical supervision.

either that, or... DEATH

>>take last, precious 20mg of Valium
>Last valium
You're failing on purpose man, stop being a whiny faggot and either be an alcoholic or actually try to stop.

Psilocybin is easily my most hated of all illegal drugs. It makes me completely lose control.
Well. Made. Past-tense. I don't use any illegal drugs any more because the idea of prison scares the shit out of me.
If you insist on using anything illegal, stick to weed. If you want a psychedelic, go for dimethyltriptamine or even better, some unpolluted lysergic acid. LSD stopped me drinking once for 3 days.
All other drugs are shit imo, no exceptions. Heroin is ridiculously overrated, makes it impossible to sleep and will make you itch so much you'll tear your body apart. Cocaine costs like a trillion dollars and lasts a nanosecond. Do not even get me started on meth, and the comedown from ecstasy is horrific. Benzos are just about the only thing on earth which scare me more than alcohol, and too many other sedatives will kill you the first time you use them.
Sorry, kinda went off on one there but I used 'anything' for many years, and now very much regret having done so.
Drugs are shit. Avoid.

This is not true. Google alcohol-induced brain lesions.

Nah LSD and stuff is better than alcohol. Unless you like take it once a week

>on valium
>sober
You failed before you began

>unless you overdo it
I don't think I've ever met, spoken with or heard rumours about a single alcoholic who upon finding some manner of purpose in life, whether it be drinking, fucking or pursuing a career, does not do to ridiculous excess at 1000mph. We just cannot seem to relax. When I used drugs I was literally never sober. Once a week would be impossible for me, I'd be using several times a day.

Is that more the alcohol or the kindling through withdrawals?

LSD is really promising for (temporarily) getting rid of addictions

>dude take SSRIs they will make you feel better
>never felt so shitty

hhhmmm

Dude, fucking a. I am a really well paid, excellent baker. Every restaurant job I've given a shit about I excell at. The few relationships I've had, I go away overboard.

I've heard tell a theory that alcoholism is actually kind of a mix of OCD tendencies and bipolar disorder. Booze kind of self medicates some bits of it, but other bits make you go nuts for the alcohol.

Whats the worst thing you guys have done drunk?
Yesterday i told an earlier guy i worked with how much i hate my job. I also went full /pol/ and started telling conspiracy stories to people

It will get better m8

Definitely not the worst, but two weeks ago I tried to buy cocaine from a dude I assumed was a drug dealer and nearly got my ass beat.

Near misses like this happen constantly. Waiting for the day my luck runs out.

>tfw just want to be a comfy NEET who drinks in moderation and have a few zany friends

Is that so much to ask for, lads?