Banana Bread

I have five bananas that are too old to eat 'normally', their texture has gone and they are too soft.

Anyone got a decent banana bread recipe? I've seen different recipes with walnuts or coconut, seem like good combos but open to trying something else.

What do you think about toasting and spreading with a bit of butter?

isaacsrestaurant.ie/starters/banana-bread/

Other urls found in this thread:

simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/
bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bananabread_85720
food.com/recipe/banana-oatmeal-bread-100513
myrecipes.com/recipe/coconut-banana-bread-with-lime-glaze-0
youtu.be/fP45d9xxNt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use the simplyrecipes recipe and then modify as needed or desired

Thanks, seems like a good place to start
Irks me unnecessarily about measuring things in cups though
simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/

Sorry for the trouble non-ameribro

Got some walnuts and coconut string

cake is disgusting.

Whats the difference between bread and cake, technically? The sugar content?

And the butter content

you could try a pound cake recipe and add bananas to it

pound cake is more bready than most cakes so it might work well

So...lets spend an hour and 3 dollars making bread you wont eat or...just throw away the 39 cents worth of fucking banana.

Fucking poor people.....

Shelf life and taxation.

> Cream the butter and the sugar
How do you 'cream' something?

Other than that, I'll give it a try. Saves throwing out food.

Soften the butter, put it in a large bowl, add sugar, mix and mash together with a fork until it forms a relatively smooth and thick liquid.

Damn, I pretty much make that exact recipe. If you wanna go even further, you can replace 20% of the flour with coconut flour and grease the pan with coconut oil.

>not throwing away edible food makes you poor

ok

You beat the fuck out of it.
Creaming thoroughly takes like 10 minutes of elbow grease.

I use this one but find the recipe uses too much banana so I halve the amount (or that I just buy big bananas)

bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bananabread_85720
Also when I was in Australia they would toast banana bread there and it was king.

For, me it's banana oatmeal bread
food.com/recipe/banana-oatmeal-bread-100513

Quick breads bake a long long time, and so there was a period of time recipes just had a gallon of oil Avoid those.

I like the recipe from cooking light for coconut-lime banana bread. I realize you might have the ingredients on hand, though. I use greek yogurt, which I always have, but you can use sour cream, if you have that too. Their lightened version doesn't so substitutions beyond that, and has the perfect amount of butter and sweetness, it won their best of for many years among readers. I've made it a dozen times to good result. Dark rum can also go in the icing.
myrecipes.com/recipe/coconut-banana-bread-with-lime-glaze-0

I'm making use of two beyond ripe bananas right now. I had a banana shake for breakfast, and I had two left still. They went into chocolate-chocolate chip muffins with a handful of pecans. Martha White mix I have on hand for when my nephews arrive without notice. They're in the oven right now and starting to smell good.

youtu.be/fP45d9xxNt0

Where the hell do I find elbow grease?