I hate when restaurants do this

I hate when restaurants do this.

Can't they translate the food names to English? How am I supposed to even pronounce it? They probably do it on purpose just to laugh at the people who can't speak Italian.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_cuisine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know this is bait, but

1. Just fucking sound it out, look like a dummy, and own it

2. Ask the waiter.

3. Look up the menu before you go and fucking figure it out

I look them in the eye while I pronounce that shit as poorly as I possibly can with a southern drawl. If there's a particularly egregious offender (ex. even the ingredients listed are in Italian) I'll ask for the chef in person to compliment his exquisite use of "Reecohtuh" cheese in the "Lessaggnuh," but I wish they'd cook the pasta a little more "Ayl Dent." I know it hurts them. I can see it in their eyes.

>I know it hurts them. I can see it in their eyes.

And that's how I know you've never worked in a job on the frontline with the public. When you did that, it was probably the 15th time it had happened that day. The look in their eyes is saying, "oh crap, this boring tired joke we hear 20 times a day once again."

there aren't english equivalent names for these types of pasta, fucknose.

Just call it macaroni and cheese, you eurohomos.

Those names are not proper Italian names, I hate when restaurants do that. Do it right or do not do it.

td. Italian here

>penne strozzapreti
that's literally just two different pasta shapes, it says absolutely nothing about what's in the dish.

good job, retards

The description right next to it says exactly what's in the dish

Only hipster Americans do this. We eat a lot of Italian cuisine in my country (Argentine cuisine is basically Italian cuisine + lots of beef) but all of it is always translated into Spanish.

Gnocchi are Ñoquis
Filetto is Fileto
Spaghettis are Fideos
Penne Rigate are Mostacholes

And so on

That's why I just fart and ignore it while ordering. They can't do anything about it and they can't prove that i'm making a joke. The only thing they can do is be uncomfortable.

>eng/spanish speaker
>always mispronounce or dramatically pronounce pasta and pasta names for shits n giggles
>esssPAGUEtti paSTAAAAAA spagooty lasangeeee etc
>do it so much that it fucks with my spanish accent and i cant talk about pasta without sounding like im dramatically announcing it
help me

Why tho?

youre no italian, niggerspic

>I'll have some of these all-american spaghetti

Google translate it on your phone

>welcome to bucca de fagocini would you like the lotsa pasta authentico Italiano, the pastabilities are endless

It's not hard. Think about the Italian you've heard before in your life. Figure out which vowel sounds Italian uses. Follow the Italian words you already know. You know the emphasis in "ravioli" lands on "O", do you think it's safe to assume "tortelloni" with the same number of syllables and similar vowel structure follows similar emphasis?

Finally, if you get something wrong, why do you care? You don't speak spaghetti. If the waiter corrects you - which they probably shouldn't if you don't ask for help, and I can tell you're the kind of autist who can't ask for help - just mirror their pronunciation back at them. If somebody makes fun of you - which will never happen - leave, and throw an absolute shitfit as you leave.

...Can I ask why any of this needs to be explained to you?

>Argentine cuisine is basically Italian cuisine
Shut the fuck up nigger.

Triggered samefag

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_cuisine
>Argentine cuisine is described as a cultural blending of Mediterranean influences (such as those created by Italian and Spanish populations) with and very small inflows (mainly in border areas), Indigenous, within the wide scope of agricultural products that are abundant in the country.

>The great immigratory waves consequently imprinted a large influence in the Argentine cuisine, after all Argentina was the second country in the world with the most immigrants with 6.6 million, only second to the United States with 27 million, and ahead of other immigratory receptor countries such as Canada, Brazil, Australia, etc.

>Italian staples, such as pizza and pasta, are eaten as commonly as beef. Fideos (noodles), tallarines (fettucine and tagliatelle), ñoquis (gnocchi), ravioles, and canelones (cannelloni) can be bought freshly made in many establishments in the larger cities. Italian-style ice cream is served in large parlours and even drive-through businesses.

This. It's fun to try. If it's wrong, you may get corrected and you end up learning something new.

Fuck these fags who need an instruction manual to every thing they do and throw a tantrum every time they encounter something slightly out of the norm.

>(half) brother takes his mom and aunts to France a couple years ago
>recorded them ordering food
>they're from Tennessee and have really strong southern accents
That was some of the funniest shit I've ever heard.

>I'll have the "Cock-Q Ew Vaghan Juan"

Do you want a prize or something?
You were still wrong and I was right.

>I hate when restaurants do this.
The descriptions are enough to understand it, and in the case of named dishes, the more you dine Italian, you just eventually memorize and recognize a recipe by the actual Italian name (or Mexican name, French name, German name, etc)

>Can't they translate the food names to English?
If you want to be confused like that, and not order items by recipe name, but only by ingredients, I guess you can ask for an English menu. They might have one if it's a foreign country. I hate it though.
>How am I supposed to even pronounce it?
Look at the waiter, put your finger on the item, and say "the chicken dish" or "not sure how to pronounce this, but this one, and watch the waiter actually pronounce it for you to confirm, and give you a smile, and he won't be laughing but engaging in serious conversation with you and approving of your attempt to seek his advice. Done.

If you're in doubt, google it. There's a pronunciation button next to every word in the dictionary. It looks like a little speaker. Not sure what arrabiata entails and you have food allergies or severe aversions to something like uhh, onions or anchovies? Google the recipe, and then you know. Tell the waiter you need a minute before ordering, or ask a couple questions at the time they come to order, and then tell them you need a minute for your quick google or talking to your more informed dining companions, or send him to ask the chef a question, etc.

If I walk into a mexican or cuban restaurant and I get some damn English menu because I'm blonde and blue eyed, I am pissed and ask for the other menu. I'm not likely to find my favorites dishes so easily if some nutjob tried to translate ropa vieja to "simmered beef" or sopa de tortilla to "chicken soup with tomatoes" for instance. It's even worse in an Italian restaurant, mind you.

>he can't pronounce words in languages based on Latin script
What the heck are you doing OP?

Jesus Christ literally yesterday I had to deal with something like this.

>Wife and her friend bring me to some Belgian place near us.
>Was already drunk before we got there.
>It's like they tried as hard as they could to make the food as ethnic sounding as possible.
>Wife and friend try to sound out their orders when waiter comes.
>Waiter gives a chuckle and a literal "ho-ho!" As they butcher the order names.
>Get to me.
>Fucking yell way too loudly "YEAH CAN I GET THAT, THAT, AND THAT?!?" as I hold the menu in the air and pound at the items with my finger.
>Draw serious attention.
>"OH OH AND THAT TOO. HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE THAT"
>"Bud Light"
>"WOW THAT'S TOUGH YEAH THANKS MAN."
madwife.jpeg

Try going to Italy where all the menus in Umbria are un Italian and the wait staff still appologizes because of their weak english.