Why can I do with sweet taters to make them palatable?

Why can I do with sweet taters to make them palatable?

Other urls found in this thread:

food.com/recipe/twice-baked-bourbon-hazelnut-sweet-potatoes-441955
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretend you're African

fuckin dice them, drizzle in olive oil, season with, salt/pepper/italian blend, and bake.

add parmasean after if you're feeling frisky

Put some butter and salt on them

stab holes in them with a fork and microwave on high until soft ~6 min. You can also use the oven but it takes about an hour that way. but you get crispier skins if you like that.

when done, cut an X pattern in the top, peel back the skin, and add butter, salt and pepper.

oh forgot to mention, 350 for oven temp and put the potatoes directly on the grid. Poke with with a fork at about 45 min. if it slides easily in and out, they are done.

Don't forget to pokes holes in them before with a fork also. it is very important.

If you want them more on the sweeter side, do this with vegetable or canola oil, salt, cayenne pepper, paprika. Bake partway, then take out and toss with brown sugar and a smidge of butter and complete cooking.
I like to eat this as a lazy dessert.

cut them into fries. boil them. then dip them into stone ground mustard.

Bake them and add cinnamon. That's all you need.

The only carb I eat besides quinoa nowdays is sweet potatoes. They have a low glycemic index making them an ideal carb to eat. Frankly, just cube them up, steam them tender, and salt them a bit and they're good to go. Mash them for all I care, not bad with a little butter either. They're an ideal carb to eat, very good for you.

id also recommend using you're penis to poke holes in the yam you fucking degenerate piece of garbage

Do this but skip the salt and pepper and do cinnamon instead.

Steam them and be hungry.

Is it the texture or taste you are not liking?
>peel
>cut into slices/fries/chips
>toss in oil, small amount of sugar, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and a pinch an aromatic herb of choice
>bake until soft or crispy (by preference)

put em in the oven and quit being a fag

Throw them in the trash

Butter and brown sugar.

I think I've weaned myself into liking them by eating sweet potato fries and tempura but I still haven't fully dived in and tried them mashed or baked. My family used to make them all the time and added brown sugar and marshmallows and they were just too SWEET. Disgusting shit.

Cole slaw, B&B pickles, and pimento cheese were also ruined in this way for me and I love them all now when they're good quality. Sweet potatoes are actually great for you so I'd like to be able to enjoy them.

Either of these.

To have a baked sweet potato with crispy skin after you finish microwaving it just stick it under the broiler on all sides for a bit

Cut in wedges, drizzle in olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary and then bake.

Eat with fetta, beetroot, spinach and protein of choice.

>Why

Grind them into a fine paste and mix it with shredded cod fish. Put in plastic vacuum bag. Drop into pot of water and boil. Once cooked remove from bag and let sit for two minutes. Place contents in ice bath and pour half cup of almonds, half cup of blackberries into food processor. Once mixed, introduce cod/sweet potato and blend until smooth. Add corn flour until you can form stiff patties. Cook on grill like any other burger.

I grew up having them baked with butter, cinnamon, and a sprinkling of brown sugar. Marshmallows sounds good, but that turns them into a dessert instead of a side dish. Which is cool, sweet potato pie is a great dessert. I've also had them twice-baked as a dessert, according to this recipe food.com/recipe/twice-baked-bourbon-hazelnut-sweet-potatoes-441955

The potatoes get baked and then cut in half, insides scooped out, mixed with cream cheese, butter, bourbon, maple syrup, and spices, then put back in the skins and baked some more with a chopped hazelnut and panko topping. Shit's delicious, and ideally each potato shoud feel like you took a shot(add a bit more bourbon than it tells you to).

mash about 1.5 lbs of them with some ginger and coconut milk
great pre-workout snack

Stick them up your ass you faggot

sprinkle chili pepper flakes
works for everything

>Why can I do with sweet taters to make them palatable?
WHAT!

bury and them in charcoal.

Dats a mimolette, garcon.

I put them in the microwave too, I wrap them in a moist paper towel after I poke holes in them so it helps them steam. Tastes good.

I use them instead of beans in chili
Ground turkey, diced onions, chili powder, whatever other spices, go in the bottom of a slow cooker. Put diced sweet potatoes [you can leave the skin on, just wash 'em first] on top, followed by tomato paste and diced tomatoes mixed together
It's breddy gud

Half potato half sweet potato mash. Season with milk salt pepper and garlic or to tast

Cook em mexican style
Dice em, saute them with olive oil, then add diced jalapenos, diced yellow onions, garlic and salt n pepper to taste. Cook them till they get a nice brown crust and the onions are caramelized.

cut them into cubes, put them in a baking dish with some milk, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover with marshmalllows if you want.

Just bake them nigga
sweet 'tates are god-tier food

Dice them and add to gnocchi stir fry

They're really nice raw, try them like that

brown sugar

Brine them in slices with cabbage.

Then bread and deep fry. Salt to taste.

throw them in the bin

ITT: "I'm so fucking fat I need my potatoes to be sweet too glarba glarba rahhhh"

I think they taste fucking vile and it's more of an effort to make the palatable if you're stuck with them. Whoever made it trendy to serve sweet potato fries in restaurants rather than even the standard russet is an international war criminal.

>Actual modernist technique.
nice

>sweet potato pie is a great dessert.
Can confirm.

SOOOOONG SONG OF THE SOUTH
SWEET POTATO PIE AND I SHUT MY MOUTH

Stop being so white. Or if you can't, put some mayo on it.

But sweet potato fries > regular potato fries
Fucking retard