What's your favorite pickle. Pics related. Nb4 claussen. They are the toyota of pickles

What's your favorite pickle. Pics related. Nb4 claussen. They are the toyota of pickles.

Other urls found in this thread:

makesauerkraut.com/fermented-pickles/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pickles are disgusting

Pic related self bump

Wickle master race reporting in.

I hate you. Get raped

pickles look like shriveled up cocks

your a fag

Dude that logo is sick

>Nb4 claussen. They are the toyota of pickles.
Claussen a shit. Toyata has been doing quality for over forty years.

I've tried to like them. I really have.

I just can't.

Than what is your faves smuglord

Claussen has been doing quality for 147 years.

I like to make my own. I'm from deep southern US so it was a thing my family always did. I like buying Vlasic Tabasco pickles though. Pickling your own with rice vinegar, mustard seed, and allspice is fucking amazing though. Would recommend you guys get into pickling stuff.

Recipe please?

Heat sugar and vinegar in a saucepan. Add literally any spices you want after sugar melts into vinegar and is pure liquid (I like mustard seed, allspice, celery seed, and red pepper flakes). Add pickling salt while warm. Put whatever you want to pickle into a mason jar(eggs, onions, cucumbers, peppera, etc). Fill remaining space in mason jar with warm pickling liquid. Seal mason jar. Let pickle at room temperature for however long you want. Shake the jar whenever you walk by so the spices don't settle at the bottom for too long. After opening refrigerate and they should last you up to 6 months but you'll want to eat them all day.

>Recipe please?
I also make them similar to They're not true pickles, though. They're "quick pickles" as no fermentation or canning process, you can eat them over the course of about a week or two, maximum. But, I finish them within a day or two, maximum.

I pickle those little baby onions that come in the variety bag around the holidays. "Melissa" is the brand, and it's cippolinis, baby purple onions, baby vidalias, baby yellows. Anyway, they are perfect on a relish trash, or for funsies for practically zero calories. Great in cocktails like the Gibson.
In nonreactive saucepan, water, white wine vinegar, white wine, Tbsp of "pickling spice" which is basically bay, coriander, mustard seed, peppercorns. Bring to boil. Set aside. Meanwhile to clear jar, drop in a couple garlic cloves, a couple springs of fresh tarragon or rosemary or thyme (buying that anyway for the stuffing), and start placing onions in the jar. I blanch the onions about 10 seconds in hot water, and with a paring knife trim the root and slip off the peels and drop in the jar one by one til full. Pour on my hot vinegar solution, and park right into the fridge when it cools. It needs 2 days for ideal, but kind of crisp-tender within 3-4 hours. Each onion variety has it's unique flavor. It really comes out.

Same exact method for mushrooms I do, but I do them throughout the year whenever I see them on sale and particular clean and fresh, no clinging dirt. Mushrooms can be quick pickled with some italian oil, not just vinegar if you wish, italian style, but same wine vinegar idea.

I do dill, sugar, salt, white vinegar quick pickled cucumbers as a dinner side really frequently. That touch of sugar makes a difference.

I pickle red onions for mexican nights, esp if they seemed really too strong to eat raw, which happens from aging.

Thanks anons. Super helpful
Any fermented pickle recipes?

Oh, now, that's a real labor of love and carries some food poisoning risk if not done right. I don't have time to do it. Really healthy though.

There's a place in Hollywood, FL, an asian market, don't know the name. Anyway, there's a lady there in the back that has 15 kinds of pickled kimchee. She has one that is stalks of green spring onion, that is to die for! See, that would be something if I couldn't ever have it again the rest of my life, that I'd bother to learn how to make it.

I do adore a half sour, and a pickled green tomato, but the kosher pickle section in the grocery handles it for my cravings so I don't need to get cracking to ferment at home. If I grew cucumbers...but nope. They're 2$100 at publix at best. Making own pickles isn't in my future.

I know good eats did a good segment on it.

Just read about pickled watermelon in a restaurant review. Must try this.

>tfw pickled green mango
>that crunch
>that sourness
>that sweetness
>that spiciness

hnnnnnnnnng

>pickles
vomitchan.jpg

Pic related is to die for

I've started pickling using fermentation and I prefer them over the old style vinegar brine method. They should be gstored in the refrigerator after fermentation is complete (@ 1 week for full sour). This website goes into detail about it but it's basically make a 4% brine solution and cover cucumbers completely for @ 3-7 days depending on how siur you want it. I use a couple of oak leaves to keep them crisp but grape leaves work as well. You should try a quart or 2.

makesauerkraut.com/fermented-pickles/

pls do not take pickles in bathroom
but
while there, please take time to wash your hands

Homemade.

I use 3 parts vinegar to 1 part water for my brine. Fresh dill, garlic, and pickling spice in the bottom of the jar. Process it cold so the pickles retain their crunchy texture.

You see what you want to see, user

Yummy

>I use 3 parts vinegar to 1 part water for my brine. Fresh dill, garlic, and pickling spice in the bottom of the jar

Can I make some of that to put in the jar when the pickle juice runs out but pickles are still left?

Of course you can.

thanks. I believe my daughter drinks it but she denies it.

>Just read about pickled watermelon in a restaurant review. Must try this.
My grandma used to can it.
Her pickled watermelon tasted like bread n butter pickles, and had a nice texture.
The issue is that the selective'/GMO breeding of watermelon that you can commercially buy nowadays not only is pleasantly seedless, but has the thinnest possible white pithy rind. It used to be that watermelon pickles were an obvious idea to reduce waste when you had 1 to 2 inches of white watermelon going down the garbage bin. Nowdays, you peel a watermelon, skip the white, straight to the sweet mealy flesh.

Grow your own?

>Can I make some of that to put in the jar when the pickle juice runs out but pickles are still left?
Only if you're going to eat them over the next two days, like a quick pickle, otherwise that previous airspace and exposed to air pickles are now a problem. Pickles need to remain submerged and the environment clean. How much did the remaining product in that jar cost? $1? $2 Eat the pickles, make new pickles, or buy new pickles.

tl;dr eat the pickles before the brine level gets reduced

The best

How do oak or grape leaves keep them crisp

I recently bought these by accident, thinking they were regular bread and butter pickles. They were the cheapest on the shelf, so I got them. Best mistake I ever made, these bitches have exactly the right level of heat from the habaneros and a good sweetness to contrast it.

Bubbie's. Old style fermented. Could only find em when I lived by the bay in cali

these are my new go-to pickles, great and fresh tasting and a lot less sodium than other brands

Enjoy your rat hairs

The tannins in the leaves.

Why do you say that

Its expensive though?

also, yea grilllos are one of the best ones

now why are you shillling for them ?

Well I'm not being paid so I wouldnt quite call it shilling but like you said they are one of the best.

Look at the top of the cup.

That's clearly dill you chucklefuck.

tillen farms crunchy carrots are my shit. bought 8 jars and have eaten all of them

Greatest I've ever had

Pickle juice is delicious

my grandma's refrigerator pickles

These are so fucking good. The farmers market near my house sells it

I goofed

Great thread, some great pickles in here.

48 replies and none by (((them))), good job!

One of my friends growing up had some really sour dill pickles at his house that were huge. I've never been able to find them, and ideas?

Thanks user.
But what do you mean by them

They could have been home fermented pickles. They usually take on more sourness than your standard store bought dill.

bunch of hipsters in the thread

>mm i only eat this $13 jar of pickles

Probably some manufacturer who makes kosher dills.
Too bad retard-user doesn't realize "kosher" is a flavour and not anything to do with Judaism.

>sweet
no thanks