Do you actually enjoy cooking?

Im not a great cook but i like to cook. I spend at least an hour or two in the kitchen every night. After a long day at work there is nothing better than pouring a drink, packing a bowl and making some bomb ass food while listening to music/podcasts/audiobooks. Then, when i have the liquor and weed munchies, i get to eat the fuck out of that shit.

Indeed, for me it's a good way to relax. I love to cook even when I fuck things up. It's gratifying and I get to eat something that I made by myself. Having a cold one, chopping, searing and boiling stuff feels good.

The payoff for me is giving it to people that enjoy the food. The process it straight heads down technique.

Cooking something correctly is satisfying but serving it to someone who loves it, to me, is pure bliss. Cook nice things and give them to people you love.

Not really desu. Wouldn't cook if I didn't have to.

I like cooking, but I suck.

I tend to make curries or beans and rice. i think my biggest problem is showcasing flavors.

ill cook onion chicken and other veggies with rice, but in the end I end up with almost all the food in the dish tasting like one push of salty savory flavor rather than a symphony of flavors from each ingredient . wat do?

I do enjoy the cooking aspect a lot but I have to give it to you - serving a meal to someone who enjoys it is the best.

You have to respect the different cooking times of your ingredients to get the best flavor/texture out of them and also always try to taste your meal inbetween, see what misses and add spices/salt if necessary.
Also of course - good ingredients make a lot of flavour too

I love cooking, and I really enjoy the money I save by doing so. I spend about $40 a week on groceries, which is about the cost of one meal out at a decent mid-tier restaurant. And I feed two people on that for a week. When I'm not in a position to cook (traveling, working odd hours) I'm always surprised at how fast my money goes, because I end up spending in a day what I normally would in a week for food.

I also like cooking. I'm actually pretty good at it, not on like a professional chef's level but I can make some pretty good home-cooked meals. What's more, it helps me deal with stress and depression. I'm not really sure, just the action of going through a set of steps that allows me to make something useful with my own hands and a few tools is very therapeutic to me. Even without drugs involved I feel a lot more relaxed after cooking, though I do drink or do kratom when I cook fairly frequently.

DUDE

I'm a great cook and I love cooking, I just don't like the shopping, repetitive/laborious steps, and cleaning. In this, I have turned to sauce making to get my cooking fix in. Just one pan, sear the meat/chicken, put it aside on a plate, make a sauce with the pan drippings and any of various other ingredients I have, then put the meat back in to finish cooking through. After a few minutes you check your sauce for consistency and add corn starch or butter to thicken it. My rice cooker has white rice and steamed veggies ready and I pour that sauce all over the rice

WEED

Fucking best feeling ever.

I'm a decent cook. But I absolutely can't stand cooking. It's nothing but a chore for me. Cleaning guns is my happy place.

Love it.

Would do it for a living if the industry wasnt shit.

I hate cooking; it takes so much time and it's unbearable.

What a sad life

I like it well enough, but I get extremely short-tempered when everything starts coming together all at once, and someone decides that this is the time to start talking to me (especially if they act pissy when I don't immediately answer back).

Leave it for the table, please. It should be fairly clear that I have my hands full with all the things I'm working on, and I just want to concentrate for the next five minutes.

I enjoy it. We have a large garden and I'm forced to get creative in cooking the produce so we don't get tired of it. But I get even more satisfaction on the preservation side of it; in addition to canning, fermenting vegetables, curing bacon and making homemade sausages. Really gives me a sense of accomplishment.

I miss having a garden.

If you have time, you might want to talk to a community center, church or your city about setting up a community garden in a large vacant lot where people can rent a plot for the season cheaply. A lot of cities own vacant lots and it's becoming a popular thing in some areas. But yeah, I feel for you not being able to grow some of your own produce. It's amazing how much food a couple of 8'x4' plots can grow. It makes cooking more fun knowing some of your ingredients were grown by you and picked that morning.

LMAO

Yep. I haven't been cooking long and I'm not too good at it, but I enjoy the hell out of cooking. It's super satisfying to spend a few hours cooking and have the meal turn out well.
I have trouble getting the main dish and sides to be ready at the same time (how did my mom manage to do that all those?), but I'm getting better.

I've been trying a lot of new recipes recently since I've been diagnosed with goat and can't eat red meat any more. Fortunately I've never been a fan of alcohol, shrimp, or shellfish, so just cutting out beef isn't too big of a change.