ITT: Food which tastes better the next day

ITT: Food which tastes better the next day.

For me, most pies taste better the next day unless it's a meat pie. Spanakopita, cheese pies, apple pies, strawberry and rhubarb pies, etc. are almost always better the next day.

I enjoy pizza and pasta cold but i dont know if i'd consider them better or about the same as when they were hot

Lasagna

Baked mac & cheese

I don't know about next day, but bologna sandwiches taste better when I make them in the morning and eat them at lunch. Same for vienna sausage sandwiches and peanut butter and saltine crackers, except sometimes the saltine crackers can go too far and not be crisp anymore. It's a tightrope we chefs have to walk, this timing thing.

Most soups/stews taste better after a couple of days. Chili does this too.

Soups, stews and sauces.if you reheat the properly.

Is chili a stew?

It's a Sandwich (assuming you used beans)

Sallad

I 100% agree about the sandwiches. I usually make myself a pbj when I bring my lunch to work, and it's always delicious after sitting in the fridge all morning.

Quahog chowder

Spaghetti. I like to fry it up in olive oil until it gets crispy the day after.

Quiche.

It uses the cooking method known as stewing so yes.

Chili, Curry, Stew, Red Beans and Rice

All stews, most soups except pasta e fagioli. The pasta ends up soaking up all the broth.

Fug

letting curries sit overnight improves the flavor, the spices blend.

a cold margherita tastes completely different and i think i kinda prefer it, once meat and veg are involved they're better hot though i feel

They need that time to """""get to know each other""""" :^))))))))

heathen, mac and cheese is always shit the next day.

Soup and stews, as well as curries are usually better the next day. My borscht is always tastier the following meal.

I really like casseroles the next day as well. Nothing like day old hotdish warmed up or a ground beef egg noodle casserole.

spaghetti, chili, chicken fried rice

How do Greek moms and grandmas make all those Greek foods?

Do they spend their every waking minute running Phyllo doughs?

chow mein from that chinese store across the street.

if you leave the rice overnight in fridge and that is the secret for a good fried rice.

No one told me homemade biscotti tastes 10x better once you've let it sit for a couple days, I thought I had fucked it up when I first took it out of the oven but after sitting on the counter for a while it's become fantastic

Did you bake it twice?

Yeah and it came out looking normal, the taste was just more plain and boring than I was expecting (it was my first try) But I tried them after a couple of days and all the spices and flavor I added came through beautifully

I always thought it had plenty of flavor when fresh with almonds and anise if you used that, especially if you dip them in tea or coffee. But I've seen some other dessert recipes say the cookie or pie or whatever is better after a few days. I guess the flavorings penetrate into the flour more or something.

Well I didn't go with anything traditonal, I just used honey/cinnamon/lemon so I should have expected it to be plain.

Ah yeah that stuff tastes good but anise is a pretty strong flavoring so that might be why

Gumbo. Love it reheated from either fridge or frozen

Nobody claiming pizza?

I dislike pie that's been sitting out for longer than it takes to cool down. the you always end up with this slime where the crust is touching the filling. it's especially bad with crumb crusts.

Chili does for sure, hell im tempted to say curry does too

Bigos

Cold pizza fresh out of the fridge from the night before is a god-tier breakfast.

>enjoying cold pasta
Fuck, that's upsetting.

Sarma

It's not like I can't enjoy it hot. Works best if there is less sauce than what you're probably imagining

Spanakopita is always messy as fuck the first day, but that crust is never flaky again...

Meatballs always seem to taste better the day after. We fry up huge batches and pick at them until they're gone (like 48 hours max) with a meal including them, like spaghetti with meatballs the night of their creation and meatball subs the next day.