Is this shit healthy or not, why the fuck can't science figure this out once for all?

Is this shit healthy or not, why the fuck can't science figure this out once for all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NnL83BmnjOg&t
webmd.com/diet/features/coconut-oil-and-health
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stick to your margarine and ranch, flyover white boy

Actually scientific consensus is and has been that it's less healthy than most other oils. Only people saying it's healthy are nu-hippies, paleo weirdos, and whatever the fuck Joe Rogan is

Coconut oil is really high in cholesterol and coconut milk is delicious, but fatty. Neither are 'bad', but coming from South East Asia, I was surprised they're being touted as health food in America.

Coconut oil is better than Olive oil as a lube.

>scientific consensus

t. my asshole

Is it a plant based whole food? No.

Then it is not healthy.

This.
And makes your skin nice and soft

How is coconut milk not whole food? It's just shredded coconut without the hairy shell. You can easily make that yourself with a blender.

Not a health food but not that bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=NnL83BmnjOg&t

With coconut oil you have the people on one side who are convinced saturated fat is overwhelmingly and conclusively bad, and on the other side you have people who think saturated fat is an integral part of a human diet.

Those who think saturated fat (and therefore coconut oil) is bad are largely citing studies from the fucking 50's which have been thoroughly debunked.

You can look at the recent research yourself.

Since when do plant foods contain cholesterol? The fuck?

I think is confused or phrased things wrong. Coconut oil is high in saturated fats which allegedly cause LDL cholesterol levels to spike, It's not any more unhealthy than any other oil, but the way it's being touted as a miracle weight loss/health thing is stupid.

>saturated fat
no, its not fucking healthy you spaz

It's great for my eczema

>that string of buzzwords

Confirmed faggot right there

A woman I work with advertises it as, when used as a lube during a hand job, "life changing."

I want to know more about your life, what the fuck

It's a strange tale, my friend. Oh, and she advises only breaking it out on "special occasions."

If it tastes good, eat it.

Generally speaking, fats that are solid at room temperature are worse for you.

Whole coconut is neutral if you need the calories. Eating the extracted oil is fucking stupid.

yes the milk is alright I guess if it's as unprocessed as possible, but the oil isn't .

>Is this shit healthy
Not really. It's oil/fat.
webmd.com/diet/features/coconut-oil-and-health

>why the fuck can't science figure this out once for all?

Because the whole concept of "healthy" or "unhealthy" is flawed when applied to foods.

Unless we're talking about obvious exceptions like literal poison, any single ingredient is neither healthy nor unhealthy. What matters is a person's diet as a whole.

I can confirm it feels pretty good to fap with, but make sure you get stuff that's filtered really well or else you get little chunks of coconut on your hand and dick.